News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

I reread & seen the comment, comment was in e-mail to jb666. Rereading again looks like he may be saying $25k for car & over $20k parts. So, Posibbly it's the $4K+$21k parts=$25k. $20k in labor he sez. Thats $45k. Hemi supplied by brian so where did the other $25k go? Sounds like $25k profit in pocket.  :scratchchin: :shruggy: LEON.

68charger383

Quote from: BKautomotive on November 17, 2008, 04:47:40 PM
Reply Part 2

The torque converter.. I was told it was a 3500 stall. It's an stock converter.

-then someone lied to us and sold us the wrong convertor. That is something that should have been addressed and exchanged under warranty. It is supposed to be a 3500 stal convertor, thats what was paid for.

Bottom line: the car is what it is. It was never and is not a restored charger. he spent about $70k? Well out of that only around $20k went to us in labor. To build a complete car for that, it was a damn nice car. It did was it was supposed to. It looked good. I drove the thing at 65 MPH with no problems. It had bad points, but some are superficial and some didnt exist when it was here, don't know what to say about that.

I could make perfect General Lee replicas for $65k but no one would buy them and there would be another thread on here calling me a jerk for charging too much. I can't make everyone happy, but I do pretty good.

Bk Automotive LLC
www.bkauto.net
www.blackknightchoppers.net
713-996-9655

Well it sounds like he'll give you the 3500 converter.

Plus, to me your saying you could build a G/L to perfection for $65K, but no one would want one since you think everyone would say they cost to much if you charged $65K up front for the car.

In this case, you ala carte this guy for $70K and build him a less than perfect car because you claim he went cheap.....but he actually paid $5K more than you claim he needed to pay in order to get a perfect G/L from you! Well which is it??? Your being way to inconsistent here and your painting yourself into a corner  :slap:

Make things right BK  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

skip68

I think some of you would be surprised at what jb666 may be entitled to.  Forgive me if I don't say much about the details.  It's funny how something so small can take on a life of it's own.   :yesnod:   And it's also funny when you start digging into a company in question (if you know where to look) the things that just pop up.  :smilielol: I think a good faith gesture of some parts sent to the new shop may make this go away.  Don't you ?  :yesnod:    :rotz: I know what will happen.  :eyes: The same thing that they all do.  :rotz:  I've seen this several times and I'm never surprised.  But you never know, BK may surprise all of us.  :shruggy:  Hard lessons don't come cheap do they ? Just ask jb666 or sickdawg.  :rotz:  So why should you be any different ?  Buckle up, you chose this ride. :coolgleamA:    Skip68.................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mike DC

Just to make a minor point about one of the principles being argued in this thread . . .

It's a dangerous game to start arguing that NO car should be allowed to leave a shop unsafe/unfinished/corners cut like that. 

Start the argument there, and it's a short jump until people are concluding that no shop should be able to do anything on a car unless they deliver it as a finished/safe/running/legal car. 

As a bunch of backyard restorers, we would not want the auto body industry's rules to drift any farther in that legal direction than they already are.  Imagine starting with a rolling shell of a project car, and discovering that you can't get any shop in your state to install quarter skins & trunk pans unless you agree to pay the shop to take it all the way from that rolling shell to a running legal car again.  In the eyes of the law, the perceived legality of this hypothetical "half-finished body job" might not be viewed so differently from the fraudulent ripoff this thread is about.

I'm not defending BK's con-job or anything.  I'm just saying be careful about the implications of what you start wishing for.

jb666

Well, it appears that BK Auto has dropped off the radar. They didn't answer my email giving them one last chance, and we've seen nothing from them (here).

Tonight I went to the shop where they were preparing to remove the two rear quarters. The rear window glass is out and was quite the picture. The lip the rear window was supposed to sit in? Made of Bondo, and WHAT A MESS it was. No wonder water would pour in the back window when I washed the car.. That's all coming out anyways.

It's kind of funny, but BK blamed me for a slew of angry phone calls that he had to "explain" his business practices. I'm not the one that posted their # and said "Call me if you have any questions" (right here in this thread). DUH, what do you expect?? Don't blame me if people want to know why you do the things you do..

Chuck, I'll be talking to you soon, I just got back in from the shop and have to get a few things done. I can't wait to hear what you found out today.. I'll pass any/all info along to my lawyer, who has been legally retained at this point. I will give BK until the end of the week to make good, if not they're in for a few surprises.  :yesnod:

jb666

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 18, 2008, 09:11:04 PM

Just to make a minor point about one of the principles being argued in this thread . . .

It's a dangerous game to start arguing that NO car should be allowed to leave a shop unsafe/unfinished/corners cut like that. 

Start the argument there, and it's a short jump until people are concluding that no shop should be able to do anything on a car unless they deliver it as a finished/safe/running/legal car. 

As a bunch of backyard restorers, we would not want the auto body industry's rules to drift any farther in that legal direction than they already are.  Imagine starting with a rolling shell of a project car, and discovering that you can't get any shop in your state to install quarter skins & trunk pans unless you agree to pay the shop to take it all the way from that rolling shell to a running legal car again.  In the eyes of the law, the perceived legality of this hypothetical "half-finished body job" might not be viewed so differently from the fraudulent ripoff this thread is about.

I'm not defending BK's con-job or anything.  I'm just saying be careful about the implications of what you start wishing for.

While I agree with your statement, I disagree with the fact that any of it applies to BK. BK supplied a finished "ready driveable street car". Never was it mentioned (when they were covering their asses about it not being a Sema show car) that you:

1. Wouldn't pass your state inspection  :shruggy:
2. Would have no brakes  :shruggy:
3. Could possibly end up a fireball on the side of the road because the gas tank falls  :shruggy:
4. Crashed off the road because the front end fell apart  :shruggy:
5. Folded like an accordion because you had no rear frame rails  :shruggy:
6. Burned your garage/house down because the wiring was toast  :shruggy:

HAD THEY mentioned that in their contract/ads I might agree, but they were paid for a service and they cut some major corners..

We sat tonight and reviewed all of the "invoices" that BK supplied to Brian and had a great laugh.. "repop parts" for over $2500. What's a "REPOP part"??

I'm going to scan in, remove Brian's personal info, and post the invoices here in the next day or two so I'll let you guys decide.

jb666

There was a pile of EMAIL invoices that I can get up immediately. Here's one. I've made some notes beside the items.

-----Original Message-----
To: ************
Sent: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 5:12 pm
Subject: suspension Invoice

All of the items are subject to roughly 2 weeks delivery.

This invoice does not include tax, shipping or labor which if applicable will be billed later.

Parts Invoice:
1) Subframe Connectors: $300.00 - If these were $300 they were $299 too much
2) 1 1/8 Front Sway Bar: 315.00
3) 3/4 Rear Sway Bar: $345.00
4) Doghouse Bracing: $215.00
5) 11/16 HD Tie Rod Kit: $210.00 - DEFINITELY NOT DONE. I kept ALL of the parts off the car. The Tie Rods & Ball Joints were HORRIBLE
6) HD Leaf Springs: $295.00 - NOT DONE
7) HD Lower Control Arms: $150.00 - NOT DONE
8) LCA Bushing R&R: $50.00 - R&R?? Painted and reinstalled

Parts Total: $1880.00

jb666

And another:

-----Original Message-----
To: ***********
Sent: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 6:48 pm
Subject: Parts order

Brian,

We need to order some parts for the HEMI installation.

Please send a check for $3500. This should cover most of the parts order.

You will recieve an invoice when the parts arrive as usual, but for referance, this order includes:
-March Pulleys
-alternator - NOT A NEW PART
-power steering pump
-hood blinkers - BUTCHED into the hood. 
-passenger mirror - Had to drill a few extra holes in the door skin for this one huh?
-HEMI mounts
-starter - Had to be changed 2 weeks after Brian got the car home.
-trans cooler - NOT INSTALLED.
-flex plate
-driveshaft
-yolk
-carburator

Alot of these things will be slowing us down, so the sooner we can get the order finished the faster the engine gets installed.

Thanks, and here are some photos for you as promised.
-

BK Automotive LLC
www.bkauto.net

suntech

Oh my god, what a mess!!
Found this in their post that is strange:
QuoteGee, let's weld a couple of cool looking bars under the hood and then brag about how they'll take the torque of the Hemi.. When in reality they are welded to a thin pc of metal known as the FIREWALL. These things have about as much support as a 2X4 would holding up a bridge..

-They are not welded to the firewal. They are welded to a 1/4" steel plate reinforcement on the wirewall. And yes, they are very strong. It has been proven on the track with high hp and high $ cars. these braces are built by XV who produces $250k base model super-muscle cars. Its ridiculous to say they are anything but perfect.

These are the tubes that goes inside the engine compartment, over the shocktower, and down to the front frame rails, right?
They are NOT made by XV motorsports!!  They are made by Magnum Force!! Kinda stupid to use XV as a proof of quality, when it is so easy to figure out that it is another company that makes the part :shruggy:

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

jb666

And this is one of my favorites:

1 Repop Part Firm Feel Steering Box $358.80 $358.80

The steering box in this was a bone stock sloppy as Hell box. This is definitely the box that came in this car in 1969  :lol:

Ok, well the real invoices will be up tomorrow, along with some new pictures.

jb666

Quote from: suntech on November 18, 2008, 09:27:21 PM
Oh my god, what a mess!!
Found this in their post that is strange:
QuoteGee, let's weld a couple of cool looking bars under the hood and then brag about how they'll take the torque of the Hemi.. When in reality they are welded to a thin pc of metal known as the FIREWALL. These things have about as much support as a 2X4 would holding up a bridge..

-They are not welded to the firewal. They are welded to a 1/4" steel plate reinforcement on the wirewall. And yes, they are very strong. It has been proven on the track with high hp and high $ cars. these braces are built by XV who produces $250k base model super-muscle cars. Its ridiculous to say they are anything but perfect.

These are the tubes that goes inside the engine compartment, over the shocktower, and down to the front frame rails, right?
They are NOT made by XV motorsports!!  They are made by Magnum Force!! Kinda stupid to use XV as a proof of quality, when it is so easy to figure out that it is another company that makes the part :shruggy:

Yeah, let's weld these to a rotted firewall and claim they are strong.. In case you missed the pic, here are the bars.

You can almost see them here.

suntech

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

jb666

I just pulled some paperwork out of my safe that I forgot I had. One was the "Project Analysis" that BK provided to Brian when the car was DONE.

Total Payments: $55,000 (Total investment: $59,000)
Base Model Price : $26,5000 (discounted from $35,000)
Additional Chargers : $32,544.60

Wait until you guys see this in it's entirety, it'll shoot holes in almost everything BK posted..

skip68

I agree with Mike DC that it is a minor point.  But I think I'm on a different page than most.  :yesnod:   Jb666, I have no doubt that Brian was ripped and he needs to go after them with your help.  :yesnod:  Brian, If you are reading this I want you to know that if you are being honest you have nothing to worry about. This is not your fault.  :rotz:  You need to speak up here brother and fill in the blanks.  :yesnod:  Like it or not you are a key person in this.  :yesnod:  There is no reason for anyone here to be mad at you if you are a victim too.  :cheers:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

firefighter3931

Wow, sorry to see such a mess !  :eek2:

FWIW, those bars that are welded to the firewall are useless....in order for them to be functional they would have to pass through the firewall and be tied into a full 10-12pt Roll Cage.  :Twocents:

This "resto" company should be ashamed of themselves  :icon_smile_blackeye:...unbelievable !  :coocoo:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Red Ram

Hmmm...original buyer could probably sue them under that state's consumer protection act...which in some states allows for treble damages and attorney's fees. Or the Federal Moss/Magnuson Act-Fitness for a particular purpose. The original owner not owning the vehicle would complicate things. A business that sells defective/dangerous vehicles usually doesn't stick around to long as they open themselves to lots of liability and that has nothing to do with the type of car they sell...just the vehicle as a vehicle made to drive down the road. Imagine the trouble they could get in if somebody got physically hurt from their form of restoration...
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

The70RT

Quote from: jb666 on November 18, 2008, 09:40:42 PM
I just pulled some paperwork out of my safe that I forgot I had. One was the "Project Analysis" that BK provided to Brian when the car was DONE.

Total Payments: $55,000 (Total investment: $59,000)
Base Model Price : $26,5000 (discounted from $35,000)
Additional Chargers : $32,544.60

Wait until you guys see this in it's entirety, it'll shoot holes in almost everything BK posted..

With all the blasting they done you would have thought they would have blasted the engine bay. I bet they painted just as it is in the pic you posted. The k member is in and painted. Those front bars could be harpoons in an accident if they did a shoddy installation.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1BAD68

Being that Sickdawg owned the car for a period of time and enjoyed it, found no problems with it and then sold it believing it was a great car, he wouldn't have much of a case in court. This would look good for BK in court. jb666 discovered all the problems but didn't purchase it from BK so all he would have is a right to sue the seller he bought it from. I'm not a lawyer but something tells me that this is a loss for jb666.

The70RT

I agree but if nothing else it is tarnishing BK's reputation. He could show some guilt least give him the new parts that the car should have had, or pay the bill for what's happining with the car now.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69charger2002

how long ago did brian or whoever take delivery of this car? has it been 6 months, 2 years??
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

jb666

this car was in brians hands for less than a month. He drove it once for five miles. I Dont think he enjoyed it. Now, what he knew is a mystery.... We may never know. All I have is everything he supplied me with. 

hemi-hampton

So $59k for the Car, That still doesn't include the Hemi Brian supplied does it. So, Take the Hemi out of the equation & thats what you get for about $60,000 :o :eek2: :scratchchin:

jb666

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

1BAD68

Quote from: jb666 on November 18, 2008, 11:20:41 PM
this car was in brians hands for less than a month. He drove it once for five miles. I Dont think he enjoyed it. Now, what he knew is a mystery.... We may never know. All I have is everything he supplied me with. 

are you sure?
It looks like he got it in Dec. 07 and sold it in Aug or Sept 08