News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Actual Bullitt Movie Charger Apparently Found - Pics

Started by JMF, November 14, 2008, 05:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

very cool if it is the car  ?
  That movie is the single reason i love chargers and must have a 68 one day .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

Thats REALLY interesting. Based on the facts, I'm thinking it could possibly be the car. :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

Wow, that's a car I guarantee all the auction houses would want to get their hands on for the season opener in January.  Talk about trying to jump start a slow collector car market.

tan top

intresting Find JMF     ..thanks for posting the link  :2thumbs:

i wonder  :scratchchin: .......... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

He needs evidence thats a little more substantial.  That's without question, but the circumstantial evidence?  Yes, innocent until proven guilty.

BB1

Delete my profile

1969chargerrtse

:popcrn:  Interesting.  Was done black at one time, could be, more clues needed though.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Mike DC

I agree with the tone displayed so far.

It doesn't seem like enough to declare it by any stretch.  But it's the first decent contender we've ever seen, and there's nothing that violates the possibility in its current state or history.

Imagine if this bears out. 

Imagine if someday we could get the original surviving Mustang and the original surviving Charger together, all put back together and looking like they did in '68, tearing through the SanFran streets one more time for an anniversary celebration or something . . . what a rush.  I wouldn't miss it.

Hemidog

wow, definitely interesting if one of the cars actually survived this long!

ChargersETC..ETC..

Can they zoom in on old 1968 Bullit photos or film to check the cars vin#? :popcrn:

ac_knight

I have to agree so far it is nowhere enough to solidify the car as the Bullit car.  I mean we all have had some kind of discovery type with our cars as we restore them.  Hell mine, I bought it as a sublime green 1969 dodge charger with a black vinyl top, vin# only, no fender tag, no build sheet.  After body work started, come to find out it had several layers of paint on it.  It began life as a metallic OD green looking color with at one time a white vinyl top on it.  Was painted blue and orange some time in its past, and under the current vinyl top was a confederate flag and the words "General Lee" on it.  Did I get a famous WB TV car, no probably not.  But there is some evidence that it was a "General Lee" at one time, wether it be a clone or a real TV car.  So with out verification there is no telling, (which by the way I totally hope me car wasnt a TV car because it so aint going back if it was).  It would be great for this to be the Bullit car, but I need alot more convincing then just some holes drilled into a fender, and some old paint. 

Drache

Well they know where the mustang is that had the camera mounted to it (the one seen racing through the streets was destroyed and then crushed) but sadly the guy will never sell it nor take it out of his barn nor let anyone into the barn.

Personally I don't think though there is any way to prove that this car is the real deal or not. Like WB told him, the records were lost so no way to match up the VIN's. Unless somewhere there is paperwork that the stuntman himself had filled out or that the dealership has kicking around, I don't think it will ever be proven. If that happens there will be allot of controversy over this car because he will show it off as one of the Bullitt Chargers where as half the people will believe him and the other half won't.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

C500

It sounds like it's the real deal to me. If I was in a position to buy it, I would want some more concrete evidence that this is the Bullitt car.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Finn

Cool story, I didnt even know that the stang was MIA. You'd think that someone from the movie (stuntman, cameraman, etc) that's still alive would be able answer questions about the car...
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Drache

Quote from: Finn on November 15, 2008, 06:43:19 PM
Cool story, I didnt even know that the stang was MIA. You'd think that someone from the movie (stuntman, cameraman, etc) that's still alive would be able answer questions about the car...

The camera Mustang was found awhile ago but the current owner won't let anyone see the car anymore and he won't sell it. The Mustang that was seen during the chase scene was so wrecked up that it was supposedly crushed along with the Chargers.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Ghoste

He did allow Mustang Monthly to do a feature on the car not all that long ago though. 

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on November 15, 2008, 08:20:57 PM
He did allow Mustang Monthly to do a feature on the car not all that long ago though. 

That's good at least! A car like that should not be hidden from the world.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mike DC

I think some more digging on this issue might uncover better info. 

Filming a movie and a chase like Bullitt is a HUGE undertaking even in those days.  There are potentially a lot more people who could have pics or recollections about this thing than just McQueen, Balchowski, and Hickman.   

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1FastCharger

:popcrn:   This is just like the Dick Landy Charger thread......
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger