News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'70 Charger R/T on cover of HotRod magazine

Started by Sublime/Sixpack, November 13, 2008, 06:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sublime/Sixpack

On the cover of Hot Rod magazines January 2009 edition is a 1970 Charger R/T, it looks right at home there. Also a couple features on Mopars inside.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Big Sugar

A MOPAR IN AND ON THE COVER OF "HOT ROD".....???
What a Riot !!
Thanks for the funny....."Hot Rod" is a Chevy/ Mustang Rag

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: Drache on November 13, 2008, 10:53:23 PM
Sure it was a '70? The only Charger on the HOT ROD Magazine website is a '69 R/T....  :shruggy:

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_0309_1969_dodge_charger_rt/index.html
No, I'm not talking about their website,  I subscribe to Hot Rod Magazine and on the cover of the Jan. 2009 edition that came in the mail (snail mail) a couple days ago is a Red 1970 Dodge Charger R/T.  Since this is a Dodge Charger website I figured some people would find this of interest. 

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: Big Sugar on November 13, 2008, 10:40:57 PM
What a Riot !!

Ron

Its unfortunate that you feel the way you do.  Personally, I'm secure enough with my Mopars that I don't mind reading about other makes.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on November 14, 2008, 10:49:07 AM
What a Riot !!

Ron

Its unfortunate that you feel the way you do.  Personally, I'm secure enough with my Mopars that I don't mind reading about other makes.

All Ron is saying is that HR is predominantly brand X, they give more coverage to the other makes and very rarely do mopars make print.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Big Sugar

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 14, 2008, 10:55:23 AM
Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on November 14, 2008, 10:49:07 AM
What a Riot !!

Ron

All Ron is saying is that HR is predominantly brand X, they give more coverage to the other makes and very rarely do mopars make print.   :Twocents:

Thanks for the Backup, Oh, and buy the way I've been reading H/R since I was a boy, I'm still a subscriber.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Mike DC

Hot Rod is pretty Chevy-centric, but then again so is every magazine that's not Mopar or Ford centric. I think they're the only major muscle car magazine that's featuring anything outside the current popular mold.

Car Craft isn't too expensive in nature but the cars are all the same. 

PHR's been running the same "G-machine!" issue for about 10 years now, and they haven't even stopped calling the ideas new & unique yet.

Sublime/Sixpack

For anyone that enjoys reading about all older High Performance cars, "Muscle Machines" by Hemmings is a magazine that provides pretty darn good coverage of all makes.
I've subscribed to it since it first came out in October of 2003 and have felt good about their coverage of Mopars. They seem to have struck a fairly good balance in their coverage of what used to be called the Big Three, and even feature AMC's and a few Studebakers.

jb666

I just got mine , too. It's the January 09 copy that's out already. Very cool!!

Ghoste

I like the Hemmings one too but I've always been astounded by some of their inaccuracies.  You'd think more of these rags would employ a fact checker of some sort.