News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AWESOME '70 HEMI RT/SE Charger on EBay!

Started by bzabodyn, November 12, 2008, 11:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Current bid $180,000!!! Are you firetrucking kidding me!   Either i am way behind in '70 hemi Charger value or.... '70 hemi Chargers are worth a whole lot more than i thought,...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemigeno

That's Dirk B.'s car - just finished an 8 year restoration.  Some of the details on that car (and the NOS parts made of pure unobtanium he found/installed) are absolutely incredible.

1970 Hi-Impact 4-speed HemiCharger RT/SE's are pretty few and far between, and that is one of the better examples in captivity.  Period.  Dirk was talking about bringing it out to some of the major shows next year if the car doesn't find a new owner between now and then.  I want to spend some serious time checking that car out in person if at all possible.

:bow:

hemi-hampton

Looks like a pretty nice high quality resto, Price doesn't surprise me. LEON.

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

Only the very best and rarest will continue to bring that kind of money in these times.  The question is, if it sells how many people with a 70 Charger sporting a 318 and rust holes the size of small dogs will think their swamp project must still be worth at least 40k?

Chris G.

Quote from: Ghoste on November 13, 2008, 05:50:12 AMThe question is, if it sells how many people with a 70 Charger sporting a 318 and rust holes the size of small dogs will think their swamp project must still be worth at least 40k?

No matter what, people will always think their car is worth a nice chunk of change. How many ebay cars these days actually hit reserve? People are still living like it's 3 or 4 years ago when stuff was selling for bigger money. The average Charger price has leveled off (or went even lower)...buyers have always known, it's the sellers who need convincing.  :P

As for the Hemi Charger? What can you say. It's a super rare car and as everyone knows, the '70 Hemi Charger is next in line behind the Daytona as far as worth and desireability.  ;)

Ghoste

And rightfully, people should always ask more than they think their object for sale, whatever it may be, is anyway.  As for the 70 Charger being number 2 behind Daytona's well, perhaps in some circles.  :pity:

hemi68charger

Wow !!!  That thing is awesome..................
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Hemidoug

Quote from: Chris G. on November 13, 2008, 07:06:47 AM

As for the Hemi Charger? What can you say. It's a super rare car and as everyone knows, the '69 Hemi Charger is next in line behind the 69 Daytona as far as worth and desireability.  ;)

There...that's better.....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Dodge Don

We've tracked the sale of 20 70 Hemi cars so far. 6 needed restoration that went for between $55k - $84k.....the other 14 which were all top end restos averaged $150k with the highest $235k and 7 of them went for over $165k.

hemi68charger

OK, I'll chime in for the '68 crowd..............  '68 Hemi Charger R/T's rule !!!!!

:icon_smile_cool:  << closet '69 Hemi Charger R/T lover....  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

472 R/T SE

Radiator support blacked out...check
No HEMI decal on the air cleaner lid...check
Power booster & master cylinder painted black together as a unit...check

Just a few things that may be minor, but so many high dollar restos skip the rad. support.  Even the uneven primer, color and undercoating being correct instead of just all color.  I'm sure some people may have their opinions of what's correct as the white ecs Challenger proves that, but from the pix I see this car's done right.

My hat's off to you, Mr. Dirk B. (EV2HEMISE), outstanding job.  :2thumbs:  I should have offered my services to get your pix up @ the Registry.  :slap:

1970 HEMI Charger R/T SE's ROCK!!!  ;)

68charger383

No matter what, people will always think their car is worth a nice chunk of change. How many ebay cars these days actually hit reserve?
everyone knows, the '70 Hemi Charger is next in line behind the Daytona as far as worth and desireability.  ;)
[/quote]

So far it is only one buyer...I guess people aren't willing to screw around to test reserve when the price is that high. As far a desirability, I'd have to agree with the great words of wisdom already stated -68s rock!  :rofl:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

UFO

Quote from: Dodge Don on November 13, 2008, 09:35:09 AM
We've tracked the sale of 20 70 Hemi cars so far. 6 needed restoration that went for between $55k - $84k.....the other 14 which were all top end restos averaged $150k with the highest $235k and 7 of them went for over $165k.

How many of those were plum crazy R/T S/E's?

Chris G.

tan top

:drool5:  real nice charger  :yesnod:  ,  at the risk of sounding
stupid   ..     whats this , i have arrowed in the picture !!  ????    :popcrn: 
  :scratchchin: .....  i know what it looks like but on a floor shift car  ??
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Rolling_Thunder

steering interlock - it locks the transmission in reverse i believe until the key is turned
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

tan top

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on November 13, 2008, 07:57:34 PM
steering interlock - it locks the transmission in reverse i believe until the key is turned

:cheers: thanks dude ......  never  new about this before  :slap: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: tan top on November 13, 2008, 08:05:50 PM

:cheers: thanks dude ......  never new about this before  :slap: 

'70 and up thing.. Our '69's and earlier don't have 'em......

T
Troy

Sublime/Sixpack

That is a nice restoration! Did anyone notice the style of exhaust clamp on the chrome exhaust tip? I'm impressed.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Hemidoug

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 13, 2008, 08:08:45 PM

T

I think it's a 70 only thing....my 71 doesn't have one....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

hemi68charger

Quote from: Hemidoug on November 13, 2008, 09:27:52 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on November 13, 2008, 08:08:45 PM

T

I think it's a 70 only thing....my 71 doesn't have one....

Doug, as usual, you're right again....... The '71's had the locking mechanism for the key on the steering column.. Man, I've been away from Whitey way too long......... I still miss her........ :'(
Troy

hemi-hampton

I did notice one common made mistake seen on most resto's though :scratchchin:  LEON.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on November 13, 2008, 08:48:36 PM
That is a nice restoration! Did anyone notice the style of exhaust clamp on the chrome exhaust tip? I'm impressed.

Thats the correct "Q" clamp no?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T