News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steve Strope/Pure Vision 515 GTB

Started by chargerrt, November 12, 2008, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerrt

I haven't seen a thread about this car yet, so I thought I'd make one.  I'm excited to finally see this car and can't wait to see more of it.  I'm a fan of Steve's work.  I havent had a good look over everything about this car yet, and I'm still trying to digest what I have seen, so I'll post my thoughts later.  Until then, discuss away!

http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2008/11/cardomaintv-p-1.html

moparstuart

I Like some of steves stuff , but I think he needs to lay off the european influince interiors
I love the hammer but hate it's gut and the gtx r's interoir sucks also .   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BrianShaughnessy

I saw that video last week... maybe off moparts.  

I really like that weber setup  :2thumbs:      I've seen those old offy manifolds on ebay occassionally but I never would have thought to open it up, weld it up and bolt webers on top.  

The rest of it is pretty cool too but right hand drive was totally unncessary.   :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

chargerrt

For those who are interested, there are some really nice videos of the build for this car on iTunes.  It's a free podcast deal.  Just do a search of hubgarage.com in the iTunes store and you should be able to get them

Hemidog

I like it! except the right hand drive....

Mike DC

All I have to say about the right hand drive is "Corvette Summer."

moparstuart

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 12, 2008, 04:56:58 PM
All I have to say about the right hand drive is "Corvette Summer."

annie potts mark hamill 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mikesbbody

Quote from: Hemidog on November 12, 2008, 03:41:27 PM
I like it! except the right hand drive....
WTF is up with the right hand drive  :brickwall: i dont like the stripe much iether.

Ghoste

I could live with the stripe but the right hand drive??  Different for the sake of different is not the same as clever.  I've liked some of what Strope has done but I think more and more that customizers best palettes remain those 30's Fords.

six-tee-nine

I like it.......kinda.

Dont like the stripe tough, ahd they should not have been so lazy and polish the grill trim instead of painting it...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

suntech

I like the white one he did, but i am not sure about this one!!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

bill440rt

Quote from: suntech on November 14, 2008, 12:35:46 PM
I like the white one he did, but i am not sure about this one!!!

:iagree:

I usually like some of Strope's work, but I have to admit this one is probably my least favorite.  :rotz:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

miller

I like the stripe, it adds character.

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

BB1

Delete my profile

G-man

This car looks awesome. The stripe being on an odd angle gives it an old vintage racing car look... I can see the 'old cars racing' when i see that stripe... I think thats real cool and thought about something similar on mine now that I seen that (maybe not, just saying). Right Hand drive... I live in australia so that makes 100% sense to me down here. Its also safer being RHD down here as you sit closer to centre of road just like you guys sit on left = closer to centre of road cause you drive on the wrong side. Its cool... your still using the Imperial system rather than the accurate metric system  :pity:

I just wonder how on earth this car would handle. Sure it looks good and everything... even the centre hump where differential goes was alligned to be in the very middle of car rather than slightly off (thats good to) but handling? Would it handle as good as that super cuda, would it handle along side a viper or better yet, a Lotus/ferrari even a lamborghini? a Good driver in the charger and 1 in the lambo etc... would they keep up or would the lambo run laps around this thing... which only shows it looks good but not much (enough) attention put to the suspension handling.

Anyone got any information on this in this regard?

Btw - I think it looks more well thought of than Angry's charger... so why people call it 'stick to bmws - another euro car etc...'

Hows MrAngry any different.Big wheels on both, customized both... hmmm strange if you ask me.

I know old post but I was searching google since I saw this on charger.com i figured id have my say on it.

BTW - Dont kill me for the Mr Angry remark... I still love Mikes car this 1 just looks 'more put in' (looks to be done on a much larger budget), so what makes Mikes awesome and this 'just another euro' is beyond me. Ive seen Mikes ive seen that custom Blue 69 charger done pro-touring style also by some other member here etc and i never see 'just another euro' with thumbs down on that... whats the deal with that?   :icon_bs:

Back N Black

Nope! don't really like it. What i do like is what Dodge did 40 years ago, it hard to beat the original look.  :Twocents:

Ghoste

How is the metric system more accurate than the Imperial one? :confused:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ghoste on December 15, 2009, 09:33:23 AM

Ya, whats the difference if you sit on the left and drive in the right lane (America) or sit on the right and drive in the left lane ( Australia)?  ??  :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

speedfreak68

I love this car  :drool5: I would love to work in his shop someday.  :yesnod:

LeadfootBob

Quote from: Ghoste on December 15, 2009, 09:33:23 AM
I'd rather ask which is more convenient and easily interpreted... "Nine-Sixteen" or just "Fourteen" when asking for a tool? It's a matter of milliseconds!  :shruggy:

As for Mr. Strope... This build took a lot of imagination, skill and just a hint of audacity. He must have known he'd have "Mopuritans" spitting at him, but in the end, you remember this car, like it or not.

The white '68 he built for Poteet, the NASCAR-style one with the Hemi and stick in it, really tickles my fancy... Low down and BRUTAL, yet built with attention to detail. Just begging for some nutcase to strap in and run her down Talladega at 200  :D
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Ghoste

But I'll bet in twenty years people still remember the stock looking one whereas this one will be largely forgotten.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

SG1022

Quote from: Ghoste on December 15, 2009, 11:27:04 AM
But I'll bet in twenty years people still remember the stock looking one whereas this one will be largely forgotten.

:iagree:

G-man

How is metric more accurate?

You can get all the inbetweens that division can not get (aka imperial).  :D

Im the guy that will dizz any car with big diameter rims as to me a muscle car is meant to have 15" rims with big fat tyres. However, this red car is damn awesome, and I like that racing style stripe on it, gives it a real race track look. The white charger as good as it looks the entire red interior looks horrible.

I only see 1 problem with this 515gtb, its a 69... so I understand why the white one is more prefered  :D :D

68r/t

Quote from: G-man on December 15, 2009, 06:23:49 PM

Your joking right?  :lol:

G-man

Quote from: 68r/t on December 15, 2009, 07:08:15 PM

Your joking right?  :lol:

well If i asked for 12.32 mm...

What imperial number would you be giving me to get me the exact size?

I dont think I was joking. Divided numbers cant give 'exact'. Even when I look at mechanical tools.. the 2 identical size, eg: 12mm socket... you have the equivalent Imperial size but the imperial size always seems half a mm bigger as though it cant be 'exact' thats what im talking about.

Ghoste

It's just two different scales of measurement.  It's impossible for one to be any more accurate than the other.  One may be easier to divide into other increments but either one will be equally accurate.  A finite measurement is a finite measurement no matter what you want to call the unit of measuring.  Anyway, that goes waaaaay too off topic even for me.  :lol:

Troy

Quote from: G-man on December 15, 2009, 07:14:43 PM
Quote from: 68r/t on December 15, 2009, 07:08:15 PM

You can get all the inbetweens that division can not get (aka imperial).  :D

Your joking right?  :lol:

well If i asked for 12.32 mm...

What imperial number would you be giving me to get me the exact size?

I dont think I was joking. Divided numbers cant give 'exact'. Even when I look at mechanical tools.. the 2 identical size, eg: 12mm socket... you have the equivalent Imperial size but the imperial size always seems half a mm bigger as though it cant be 'exact' thats what im talking about.
First, you can use decimal places with Imperial measurements. Machinists do it all the time (1/4 = .250, 1/8 = 0.125, 1/16 = .0625, 1/32 = 0.0313, 1/64 = 0.0156). How exactly would you measure 12.32 mm (most yard sticks display marks every 32nd in but most meter sticks only have marks every 1 mm)? By the way, the Imperial equivalent is 0.485 in. In that case, a 1/2" socket would work rather well but you'd be stuck with a 12 mm as too small and a 13 mm as way too big.

Second, metric sockets don't fit Imperial nuts and bolts very well either. A 1/2 in socket is 12.7 mm which is why it would appear to be .5 mm too big (1/2 in and 12 mm are not equivalent even if the sockets appear similar in size).

As for the car, not my thing.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jaak

Didn't Steve build the Petrol Charger, too?

Jason

Ghoste

Yes and the "Hammer" GTX, and a 70 Duster too that I now forget the name of.