News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Window Trim Removal

Started by Peters02, November 12, 2008, 08:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peters02

I have a 72 Charger that is slowly coming apart in order to fill every available bit of storage space I have. 
Can anyone explain to me how to get the chrome trim off (around the rear window and windshield)? 
I have poked around a bit and can't see a solution that does not risk my ruining what I have.

Thank you.
Peter

daytonalo

You need a windshield moulding tool . it releases the clip and the moulding will then release , most of the time ! It takes practice , be carefull you don't grab the edge of glass or it will crack ( w/s ) or explode ( backlite ) Any auto part store that has decent tool selection will have this tool .

Larry

Peters02

Thank you.  I will look for the tool this weekend. 
Do you recommend "going in" from the glass side or the body side?

daytonalo

Always the Glass side . I have been restoring cars for 20 years and also installed glass for 3 years and still to this day  some trim fights me coming off . It is very easy to bend the trim , you need to slightly have outward pressure on trim away from glass , insert tool at clip , slightly pry clip way from body and trim should release in that area .Key word ,SHOULD  !

Larry