News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can I test lights and gagues with just battery power?

Started by WH23G3G, November 17, 2008, 07:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I've asked before a long time ago. But I just want to make sure so I don't blow anything or melt anything. I've got all lights and gauges hooked up except the transmission reverse switch because the transmission isn't in, and the rear tail lights and parking lights on the rear. All gauges in the interior are hooked up and all lights are hooked up front. I've got new restoration battery cables and a good 24 series battery to test. My negative cable has 1 big lead and 1 small lead. I'm assuming the big lead goes to the block and the other to some sheetmetal. My positive has the two molded together leads, and two separate smaller leads. How does the positive hook up on the Charger? I want to hook the cables up as close to how it should go as possible without the engine in the car. Do I just lay the starter on the K-frame and hook the positive to it, but where do those other two postive leads go? Where does the extra small lead on the negative go to? Do I need to have the voltage regulator, ignition control module, and ballast resistor plugged in? I wanna check as much as possible by turning the key to check for power. 

Nacho-RT74

positives harness.. thin, to starter relay, heavier one directly to starter motor. Black, solenoid terminal on starter relay to solenoid on starter motor. You don't need anything more than the batt wires and of course forward harness to test everything. no prob with use the batt as far you are recharge batt out of the car if you used the batt for loong time
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html