News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

You guys "winterize" your car yet ??

Started by R2, November 09, 2008, 09:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2

I topped off the radiator with antifreeze,,,put some jack stands under it,,,,doesnt get too cold here in Kentucky,,,,

Really thinking of pulling the motor/trans out of the Charger over the winter,,,,

I want to do a front disc swap,,,has drums now,,,and,,,if i get real crazy,,,,might tear it all down for a quick paint job,,,,,after seeing Ron's car,,and how nice it looks,,,i would like to clean mine up a bit,,,,his car looks awesome.............

Ghoste

Winterized by default.  I had a bad day at the dragstrip on October and the car has pretty much been "winterized" since that day.  :flame:

R2

What happened,,,,hopefully nothing serious........
I have "winterized" a block before ( aka CRACK ),,,,but that was a few years ago..........

Just 6T9 CHGR

Probably going for its last top off of the fuel tank tomorrow...batt cable comes off, winter steering wheel goes on (so my nicey-nice wood wheel wont crack in my detached garage) couple of desiccant bags & dryer sheets and the cover goes on till March or April :(
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

FLG

Im shooting for one or two more weeks of driving  :2thumbs:

Then hopefully out with everything and she starts to get restored.

BrianShaughnessy

I shut it off and then wait to get in the mood to tear something apart.

Gotta start stroker shortblock swap soon... but didn't have any ambition this weekend.   :shruggy:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

SFRT

I winterized my car by getting wider tires. :icon_smile_big:

MORE PICTURES OF THE WHITE PLYMOUTH PLEASE!
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

NYCMille

Winterize NEVER!!! What would I do if it's nice out?  :icon_smile_big:

BlueSS454

I might take mine out to one last cruise in next Sunday, then it's gonna get a top off in the fuel tank and parked in the garage.  I have a whole list of things I need to do to it over the winter (fix fluid leaks, A/C system, some small unfinished interior things, etc).  I already put away my 2 Chevelles.  The only thing I need to do to the one is put a better torque converter in it.
Tom Rightler

Sublime/Sixpack

No winterizing on mine, I like to be able to get them out and drive them on dry days year 'round.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

The70RT

My garage stays warm......but hell the car is still on the rotissorie  :brickwall:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

terrible one

I never want my car to sit, so I don't "winterize" it myself. Either I'm going to be working on it or driving it! It came with a heater, right? But then again snow is kind of seldom here . . . just a lot of ice.

FlatbackFanatic

I put a can of Sea-foam in the tank and fill it up, I usually start my car at least once a month in the winter. a lot of times after it snows I shovel a spot in the driveway for my car and start it up back it out and let it idle while I shovel the rest of the drive-way, the sound of great pipes is the best music to shovel to. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

68RT4ME

No winterizing here in Fla.. It's car show and cruise-in season now more than ever. Too hot in the summers but now? Just perfect for playing with my toy(s).  :icon_smile_big:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Chris G.

Quote from: NYCMille on November 09, 2008, 10:49:15 PM

:yesnod: I am ready to go at all times. I think I have been out the day after Christmas two years in a row.

Winterizing?  :smilielol:

Ghoste

Around here I also refer to it as the "salt avoidance season".  We had the lightest dusting of wet snow last night you could imagine.  Only enough snow hiding on rooftops and in shady spots for you to even be sure that it was snow, and yet, the salt trucks were out this morning.  :flame:

R2

QuoteMORE PICTURES OF THE WHITE PLYMOUTH PLEASE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NYCMille on November 09, 2008, 10:49:15 PM
I'm with ya.  I've never ever winterized anything.  Not the lawn mowers for spring or the snowblower for the next year.  Not the Charger, not the quads or bikes.  I do run them here and there, but so far for the last 4 decades, no problems with my motor stuff.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

SFRT

Quote from: R2 on November 10, 2008, 06:35:12 PM
QuoteMORE PICTURES OF THE WHITE PLYMOUTH PLEASE

oh man that is just SWEET
Always Drive Responsibly

firefighter3931

Quote from: SFRT on November 10, 2008, 07:40:23 PM

oh man that is just SWEET

Frank, not only is it sweet looking....it's Bad Azz to boot ! 10 teens @ 130mph in the 1/4 with a 440...no power adders, no transbrake....all motor:bow:

Some pics from the Classic @ Norwalk.....good times with good friends !  :cheers:

Pitting together at the track, Priceless !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

SFRT

Brutal. I have been thinking about doing a 64 or 65 Belvedere in a year or 2, once the Charger is totally finished.

I'd like to find a decent shell/roller and do a nice ultra-simple build and maybe put a zany cross-rammed wedge in it.

bench seat, no interior.....totally stripped down but really really clean.
Always Drive Responsibly

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 10, 2008, 06:48:20 PM
but so far for the last 40 decades, no problems with my motor stuff.
You have a 400 year old snow blower? Cool!!

:rofl: Sorry. I couldn't let it slide.

WingCharger

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on November 11, 2008, 12:05:19 PM

:hah: :rotz:
That is about the age of my mower I am hot rodding...(Reversed pulleys really speed it up.)

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: WingCharger on November 11, 2008, 01:15:41 PM

It's a Honda. :icon_smile_wink:  O.K, you got me.  :eek2:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

PocketThunder

that was awesome..  :smilielol:   :smilielol:   :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."