News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW: 68 Charger 318 that has 383.....

Started by hemi68charger, October 28, 2005, 09:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang...
I have a WIW..... Look at this Charger. It's a 68 that's been partially restored. All the sheetmetal work os done for the most part other than finishing the truck area to take the tank filler tube and such. The car's super clean and been this way in the garage for nearly 5 years... I'm told the interior's all there (black)... I didn't see a fender tag, but, that's no big deal since it's a 318 car. The 383 is said to have ran great before being taken out for the body work... Not sure what the rear gear ratio is......  I keep "stumbling" onto these.   ;D

1968 Charger   <<<< click there for photo album......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Blown70

So you looking to buy or someone you know?

hemi68charger

Quote from: Blown70 on October 28, 2005, 09:06:19 PM

I hate to say this, but I'm probably going to buy it and then turn it.. As much as I hate to say that... But, I do have a new baby on the way and need a bigger garage.... Oh, wait, did I just say that? lol   

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Blown70

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 28, 2005, 09:07:58 PM
Quote from: Blown70 on October 28, 2005, 09:06:19 PM

I hate to say this, but I'm probably going to buy it and then turn it.. As much as I hate to say that... But, I do have a new baby on the way and need a bigger garage.... Oh, wait, did I just say that? lol     

Troy

WHY IS THAT A BAD THING?  I will get booed and hissed at but ya know what if I had the chance to buy and flip so I could spend money on mine.  DONT THINK I WOULD NOT.... IF ANYONE HERE SAYS THEY WOULD NOT,  I will show you a liar..... ANYONE would if they had the chance....and did not specifically need the car. PERIOD... now some may keep it if they did not already have one but that is another story.

I say do it..... Sell it for all you can.... I personally see no wrong....

BOOO AND HISSS any now

69charger2002

hey troy. this is travis. i met you at the houston show a couple weeks ago. what do you think you could sell me the 68 for? of course make a couple bucks. that's part of it
let me know.. charger69foster@yahoo.com
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

Tough call. If the bodywork is good and about ready to paint that will save you (or someone) a lot of time and money. But then paint alone is like $4k or $5k isn't it now? Is the 383 a good runner or rebuilt? I'd say if it's all there and the bodywork is good, it's probably worth about $6k or $8k on the high side. Even though it's got a 383 it's not a big block car, if that makes a difference anymore.

6pkrunner

Treat it as a partially finished roller and value it from there Troy. While numbers matching 318 cars aren't world price setters, the 383 doesn't add to the value any more than the stock 318. Unless its something really special I wouldn't go over thre top in offers.

suburbanfireman

It looks like the seats are from a 69.  That only makes it worth about $500.00.  Let me know when you want the money - Ha ha ha. :yesnod:
Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I think I might be addicted to cars."

Jill Taylor: "Well, DUH!"

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic!"

cudaken

69charger2002, why do you want another Charger, have some grass growing in the yard ;)

Cuda Ken                 
I am back