News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black Pig progress

Started by firefighter3931, November 07, 2008, 09:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mefirst

The Charger is looking good Ron :2thumbs:

-Hope we are able to run and compare 1/4mile time slips during season 2009... The winner takes home the case of beer is still on :cheers:

Take care buddy...

/Tom

Hemidoug

Ron!!!!! Lookin' good buddy! Can't wait to see it in person! Have you fired it up yet? What a beauty!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

firefighter3931

Quote from: kamkuda on November 13, 2008, 01:03:24 PM
Looks awesome.  Lots of good planning and money into it.  Hopefully we can line them up this year but your progress is ahead of mine.

Thanks Rob....looking forward to lining them up next summer....loser has to buy the beer.  :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

Quote from: richRTSE on November 13, 2008, 01:18:38 PM
QuoteWhat color are you painting the 500/daytona clone ?

Thats still up in the air Ron. I know it won't be black though, I've learned my lesson with the R/T...it sure looks good when it's clean though. I was kinda thinking white with a red stripe (already bought a red stripe, so that kinda limits my choices), second choice would be silver or B5 blue. If I make it a Daytona, I think F6 green with white stripe, a friend of mine has a real one that color and it's probably my favorite car. I think I could also live with B5 or white on a Daytona too.

Rich, silver with the red tail stripe would look killer.  :2thumbs: Silver was my second choice  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

Quote from: Mefirst on November 13, 2008, 05:35:30 PM
The Charger is looking good Ron :2thumbs:

-Hope we are able to run and compare 1/4mile time slips during season 2009... The winner takes home the case of beer is still on :cheers:

Take care buddy...

/Tom

Good luck with yours too Tom !  :2thumbs:

Once you get that hemi dialed in i'm pretty sure you'll be the winner of our bet.  ;)

Ron

firefighter3931

Quote from: Hemidoug on November 13, 2008, 06:34:44 PM
Ron!!!!! Lookin' good buddy! Can't wait to see it in person! Have you fired it up yet? What a beauty!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Thanks Doug, the engine has allready been broken in and dynoed but not fired up in the car as of yet. It will be nice to finally have a car at Carlisle !  :2thumbs:

What's up with your Hemi ?

Ron

Hemidoug

Nothing....still just sitting in my bay sans motor....motor sitting in a corner at the shop. Haven't even taken it apart yet...still too pissed off. I've been putting all my effort into getting my 71 sixpack car done and home....then it's on the getting the 65 done. I think the Hemi car is going to get a vacation for a while...tired of tossing good money after bad. I could have had both the 71 and 65 done if it weren't for the cash I've thrown at that pig..... :brickwall:  I have some options to consider. I'd like to go with a Hemi in the Plymouth so if I can find a date code (or better yet the original) block for the 69 then I may take a different path for the 69. I'm not in any rush, I've already convinced myself to forgo the 09 season and put my efforts into getting the 71 and the 65 as far as I can as well as pay off some bills. I may have the 71 done for Carlisle...we'll see how much $$$$$ I have. I don't want to rush that one...she's going to be my masterpiece.

R2

Cant wait to see the car in person,,,,should be very nice,,,,I will bring the windex and clean the mirrors as they lay under the car  :icon_smile_big:
just kidding,, ;),,Norwalk 2009 should be great,,,,,,
More pics....... :drool5:

HMMMMMMMM...............

firefighter3931

Quote from: Hemidoug on November 15, 2008, 09:27:43 PM
Nothing....still just sitting in my bay sans motor....motor sitting in a corner at the shop. Haven't even taken it apart yet...still too pissed off.

Doug, thanks for the update. Hopefully the engine damage isn't too severe.  :pullinghair:

I'm not in any rush, I've already convinced myself to forgo the 09 season and put my efforts into getting the 71 and the 65 as far as I can as well as pay off some bills. I may have the 71 done for Carlisle...we'll see how much $$$$$ I have. I don't want to rush that one...she's going to be my masterpiece.

That sounds like a reasonable plan of attack. I really like the paint on your 71 6-pack car....hopefully it's ready for Carlisle.  :drool5:

Ron

firefighter3931

Quote from: R2 on November 16, 2008, 08:27:47 AM
Cant wait to see the car in person,,,,should be very nice,,,,I will bring the windex and clean the mirrors as they lay under the car  :icon_smile_big:
just kidding,, ;),,Norwalk 2009 should be great,,,,,,
More pics....... :drool5:

No mirrors under this car Douggie....it's a dual purpose street/strip ride.  :icon_smile_big: I might need some help cleaning rubber off the rear quarters though.  ;)

Quote from: R2 on November 16, 2008, 08:27:47 AM

HMMMMMMMM...............

:haha: You need to work on those photochop skillz brutha !

Check out DS440's thread...Dave is very skilled !   :2thumbs:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21149.0.html

Ron

Hemidoug

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 16, 2008, 03:52:36 PM
Nothing....still just sitting in my bay sans motor....motor sitting in a corner at the shop. Haven't even taken it apart yet...still too pissed off.

Doug, thanks for the update. Hopefully the engine damage isn't too severe.  :pullinghair:

I'm not in any rush, I've already convinced myself to forgo the 09 season and put my efforts into getting the 71 and the 65 as far as I can as well as pay off some bills. I may have the 71 done for Carlisle...we'll see how much $$$$$ I have. I don't want to rush that one...she's going to be my masterpiece.

That sounds like a reasonable plan of attack. I really like the paint on your 71 6-pack car....hopefully it's ready for Carlisle.  :drool5:

Ron

Yea...the Hemi is wounded bad.....I dropped a valve seat...did a lot of damage...both heads and 4 cylinders...may be looking at sleeves...it's done. Thanks Mopar Performance. :brickwall:

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 12, 2008, 11:29:04 AM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 12, 2008, 01:34:57 AM
You must be a much better customer then me, :smilielol: I asked to have mine done but No.  :icon_smile_angry:

Per, i am not a preferred customer  :lol:

I purchased these covers awhile ago & 440Source has since changed suppliers.  ;)  Do the new covers have welded in baffles ? Mine do  :2thumbs:

Ron

Mine doesn't have any buffles,  :icon_smile_angry: but they have a lot of scratches though so I think they need to be machinepolished
and powdercoated clear for protection.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

ds440

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn::cheers:
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

R2

ds440,,,you da' man,,,,, :cheers:
wow,,,i think i like the red alot,,,,,i was just kidding with Ron,,,,,
I have had a white tail stripe on mine for some time,,,,,,
His car looks very good with the red,,,,so i was just thinking out loud with mine,,,

THANKS for photo shopping that pic,,,,,,,nice job..... :2thumbs:

Doug  :2thumbs:

firefighter3931

Thanks Dave !  :2thumbs:

Awesome 'chop work as usual !!!  :cheers:

Ron

gordo1968charger

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 12, 2008, 11:39:33 AM
Quote from: richRTSE on November 12, 2008, 10:51:36 AM

Thanks Rich ! Ya, it's been a long, slow resto but it's getting closer to completion. I've been using the "pay as you go" plan so i'm not into debt building the Black Pig....all paid for.  :2thumbs:
GOOD CHOICE,I WISH I D TOOK YOUR ADVICE

What's involved in lowering the K-member? Just a matter of making some spacers and getting longer bolts?

Exactly, just went to the metal supply store and purchased some 1x2 flat stock and cut it into 2x2 square pieces. Longer K-frame bolts and you're done.  :icon_smile_big:

Do you think  you'll have the car up at Norwalk next year? Maybe you can show Rick and Fran who's boss....

Definately.....it will be at the Classic. Make sure you bring your favorite drinking mug.  :cheers:

Fran & Rich have me covered ; just a mild pump gas E-headed 446.... for now  ;)

How is your 69 500 project coming along ? Good to see you posting Rich !  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Belgium R/T -68

Ron,
Can't seem to find the thermal barrier in the catalog, what section? :shruggy:

firefighter3931

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 20, 2008, 11:28:48 AM
Ron,
Can't seem to find the thermal barrier in the catalog, what section? :shruggy:

Per, this is the thermal barrier i used :

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=TRU%2DBLIP11406&N=700+115&autoview=sku

It comes in 4ft x 6ft sheets ; 3 sheets will insulate 2 cars.  :2thumbs:

Ron

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks Ron :2thumbs: Saw different models and brands, what makes the pricedifferences? For me keeping out the sound is priority.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on November 21, 2008, 02:41:13 PM
Thanks Ron :2thumbs: Saw different models and brands, what makes the pricedifferences? For me keeping out the sound is priority.

Per, i'm not sure why there's price differences ? I looked at a few different brands of insulation and they looked the same to me. The stuff i used doesn't have an adhesive backing.....maybe that's the difference ?  :shruggy:

I just used some 2 way carpet tape when i installed it in the car....worked fine for me.  :2thumbs:

Ron

dodgecharger-fan

Looking great, Ron!

I'll need to find an excuse to get up your way next summer.  :yesnod:

Steve P.

Ok Ron, it's been a while since you posted UP-TA-DATE pics and I know you've been hard at work... Let's see em' buddy....  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

kamkuda

Quote from: Steve P. on January 06, 2009, 12:45:14 AM
Ok Ron, it's been a while since you posted UP-TA-DATE pics and I know you've been hard at work... Let's see em' buddy....  :2thumbs:
Yes good call, Some pics please :drool5:

Chatt69chgr

Ron-------you say in your write up on the sheet metal valve covers from 440 Source that you welded on the pipes for the breathers and that the pipes were baffled.  Were the pipes you welded on something you fabricated or did you buy them?  And what do the baffles look like?  I bought some of the Indy cast valve covers with no holes.  No problem for the passenger side since I'll be drilling a hole and using a grommet there for the PCV valve to fit into.  But on the drivers side up front I want to use the Mopar chrome plated push on breather just like on a stock valve cover.  I found some aluminum pipe the correct diameter (1.5 inch OD as I recall) that is thick enough wall to weld on but had not figured out how to do the baffle.  I had considered welding a aluminum plate inside the valve cover but your idea of having the baffle in the pipe is a lot better.  I suppose one could use some stainless steel wool or some such to achieve the baffleing.