News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

power steering vs non power steering

Started by towscum, November 05, 2008, 04:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

towscum

i have a 69 charger that had power steering, but my motor doesnt have it, is it worth it to run power steering pump, or should i order a non power steering box, either way i need a new steering box.
1969 dodge charger 440 4 speed

Ghoste

I never used to like power steering in the old Mopars myself but I've come to like it in the new car.  Makes it much nicer for motoring around town.

Charger-Bodie

Far better road feel with manual steering in a Mopar. ...Unless you get an updated power sector.

My vote is for manual steering.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

ITSA426

Manual steering is much less likely to leak all over the garage floor.  Less moving parts, less weight.  Unless you've got shoulder issues I'd go with manual steering.  If you go with power steering look at one of the firm feel type units.

towscum

thanks for the info guys, ill go with manual, oh and who should i buy the steering box from.
1969 dodge charger 440 4 speed