News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

decided to get the R/T SE running......

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, November 06, 2008, 05:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Hey gang,
       as I posted back in Jan,I found the Charger that has been my dream to own,a triple black 69 R/T SE.I actually was set on a factory 3x9 69 R/T,the SE came as an added bonus for me!It came from Cali in 03 to L.I.,running car,new owner pulled motor/trans(motor not orig,trans matching #'s),it sat until this past Jan when he had to sell.
   It was on a thread here because of it looking like a fake auction because of seller being a 0 feedback,could'nt load pics,and stating selling for a friend.But with a phone number being listed,and being so close to it,I did not sleep on this one and went there right away,struck deal,picked it up quickly.Thanks go to Rob(1969chargerrtse),for PMing me about the thread.
    A big thanks to Brian(1hot68),for hooking me up with a date coded E 440 HP block for this cars build !!It has sat in my garage until now as I decided to throw together a 440 to put in for numerous reasons,so I can move it around instead of pushing it,register it and put collector car insurance on,get to see what works and what does'nt,and best of all ,at least be able to take it out for a drive.
    The way I purchased the car it came with alot of extra and new repo parts to put it together,brand new redlines and rims,exhaust,restored grill,etc.Interior was pretty nice,new drivers seat and back seat bottom,I put in a new  carpet and new speaker tray.Dash was beautiful!! Now the interior is very presentable.Installed the grill and front end that was off,and did a quick go over with the buffer to bring back some shine of the older acrylic enamel  paint job.
    Put a new engine harness in,fuel pump,plugs,wires,etc. A new 1407 edel performer carb to not have any issues ,fired it up,and runs great!Then,to my suprise, pretty much everything works!!!! Lights,vac doors,blinkers,reverse lights,dash lights,brakes,rear defroster,etc.The big things that shocked me that work were the power windows,tach,and thankfully the orig AM/FM radio!!!Upon yard testing it,the drivers caliper locked up on me,but had a spare so was a quick fix,and now the power disc brakes work fine.About the only things that don't work are the ammeter,and temp gauge.It is just a driver for now,it has its battle scares,chips scratches ,dings,etc.Fine for now till I get other projects done before I tear it back apart to restore.
   The biggest improvement,which some might remember from the early pics,sometime in its past an owner mudded over the orig door handles and cut in below AMC handles!!!! I could not stand it,so a quick weekend job and paint blend ,now looks normal.Here are the updated pics of what the car looks like now,sorry about the quality of pics,my digi camera is broken so these are from my camera phone.......

Just 6T9 CHGR

Paul are you kidding me!  That car looks GREAT!  I love the Cali turn downs as well :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 OUR/TEA

Thanks Chris,
      It is an accurate exhaust system the prev owner bought,with turn downs,but what I removed did have tips,looked pretty rusty and aged,would have thought them to maybe orig.I don't see any thing  on the car to be a Cali emissions car,even came with a reg  orig pie pan air cleaner with the parts .How do you tell if it is an orig Cali emissions car?

Charger-Bodie

Good job Paul!! Now you can drive to Iowa and we can race!!  :D

By the way I wasnt sure it was an R/T at first , since it doesnt have an R/T emblem every 2 feet anymore.  :rofl:

:apimp:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69bronzeT5

Awesome looking car! The grille looks great. I used pretty much the same shade of silver on my grille.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 1hot68 on November 06, 2008, 06:00:08 PM
Good job Paul!! Now you can drive to Iowa and we can race!!  :D

By the way I wasnt sure it was an R/T at first , since it doesnt have an R/T emblem every 2 feet anymore.  :rofl:

:apimp:

yup,pulled them too,good thing they were double sided taped on!!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on November 06, 2008, 05:50:29 PM
Thanks Chris,
      It is an accurate exhaust system the prev owner bought,with turn downs,but what I removed did have tips,looked pretty rusty and aged,would have thought them to maybe orig.I don't see any thing  on the car to be a Cali emissions car,even came with a reg  orig pie pan air cleaner with the parts .How do you tell if it is an orig Cali emissions car?
Paul as far as I know for 69 there was no California Emissions package per say....unlike starting in '70 where there was an evap emissions fuel tank, breather etc.
For 69 most Cali cars got the N97 Noise Reduction Package....this will not be on the tag but will be on the broadcast sheet...sort of....
Looking at a 69 BS you will not see a box under the "N" codes for N97...you will however see a blank box in between the N88 Speed Control & N96 Carb Fresh Air Pkg.
Cars ordered with this N97 option (yes you can get it in other parts of the country) will have a lone "7" in this box...
The only parts to this package that I know of is the dual snorkel silenced air cleaner & the turn down exhaust with no bright tips....

See pics of an original/unrestored N97 optioned Cali car
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Oh yeah...it would be on the window sticker as well!  ;)

PS----this sticker is for one BAS ASS optioned 69 Charger R/T
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemigeno

Man, that car looks fantastic, Paul!  While I know you're a perfectionist when it comes to bodywork, I can't point to a thing on that car that NEEDS to be fixed...  just awesome   :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

Hi Paul,

I just noticed the hood pins.  Were those an option in '69?

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

sunroofblacklee

Looks great, that car was a cool find. Loved the pictures of it when you found it. You can tell the car hasn't been messed with much, it has a very clean look to it.  Should be an awsome car to cruise around in  :2thumbs:.
1969 dodge charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60, triple black

ChargerSG

A 69 trippel black RT/SE is the car  :yesnod: Looking great :2thumbs:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 07, 2008, 09:28:43 AM
Hi Paul,

Paul

Option code J45, but admittedly a very rare one on Chargers.

69chargerboy

My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

69*F5*SE

69 OUR/TEA

Hi Paul,

Paul

PocketThunder,as Ghoste says,but not orig to my car.When I do the body and paint I will remove them.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on November 07, 2008, 03:52:48 PM
Hi Paul,

Paul

PocketThunder,as Ghoste says,but not orig to my car.When I do the body and paint I will remove them.

Ya know, if you just want to trade that car for my car you wouldn't have to worry about them...  :yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on November 07, 2008, 01:55:35 PM
Hi Paul,

Paul

Option code J45, but admittedly a very rare one on Chargers.
Out of the 1800 '69s I have registered only 5 were truely coded for this option....it was a spring introduced option.  Earliest SPD I have for them is 4/28/69.  Only 1 from the St. Louis plant and all were 440 R/T's
J45 would be on the tag....
All but 1 had the V21 Hood Performance Treatment option as well......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

Car looks very nice.

Quite a noticeable difference in the pictures that you had posted of it before.

sunroofblacklee

WOW, that's crazy only five. That's pretty rare option to have.
1969 dodge charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60, triple black

1969chargerrtse

Hey Paul, great to know your baby is on the road.  You do great work. Hope to see more pictures as you continue to work on it.    :coolgleamA:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

firefighter3931

That is a sweet color combination.....nothing like a 3x black Charger !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

kidsixpack

69 1/2 Super Bee V2 buckets console 4spd with radio delete.
1987 Grand National Low miles original
1989 TTA Low miles light mods
95 Lightning Light mods
95 Bronco Sport low miles Lifted light mods