News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HEMI 'Bird

Started by hemi68charger, November 06, 2008, 10:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Wow.. Seems to be a survivor 'hemi Superbird... It's awesome.. Sorry if someone already posted about this 'Bird.......  But, I did notice, no reserve?  I do wonder about the trunk though since the body plug has paint on it.. Maybe it's touch up in the trunk.. The rest of the car looks unrestored.. Too bad the original base seems to be missing or is it a factory screw-up..... Should have a forward debris shield on it.......  Also there should be blackout under the headlamp door decal.. Shouldn't have the body color outline... Also, the engine bay seems to have been painted again, or at least the fender tag was, both attach screws are painted...  I only mention this for the ad, as seen in the past, seems to be using the term "survivor" incorrectly...

Hemi Superbird on Ebay

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Do all birds have those bumper pads on the back?  I've never noticed that before.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 06, 2008, 10:24:04 AM
Do all birds have those bumper pads on the back?  I've never noticed that before.

I've never noticed them before, but doesn't mean it couldn't have been an option...............
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

moparstuart

isnt this the smith stokes ? spelling   superbird  ?   nice car saw it last year at the ww meet , it had the key's hanging out of the trunk . LOL quintin and  I almost took it for a joy ride LOL

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Wingnut426

When I bought my Hemi 'Bird it came with the debris shield, (I call it a "sneeze guard" LOL!). I thought it was wrong so I did a little research and came to the conclusion early built cars did not have it and later built cars did. I also discovered some early cars has 69 style valve covers too.  Pete
HEMI Daytona Convertible

69_500

Maybe someone else can chime in here, but wasn't that car at the Monster Mopar show in 2007? For sale then along with a 440-6 Bird that was pretty much a match to it?

62 Max

There are a few things under the hood that are not correct,but still a nice car.As for the paint around the headlight buckets,there is a Limelite bird 60mi from me,one owner,16K miles.Also has paint showing.Car has never been touched.That is not the first bird I have seen with the paint showing.That is a subject that will always be debated. :Twocents:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 62 Max on November 06, 2008, 05:57:10 PM
There are a few things under the hood that are not correct,but still a nice car.As for the paint around the headlight buckets,there is a Limelite bird 60mi from me,one owner,16K miles.Also has paint showing.Car has never been touched.That is not the first bird I have seen with the paint showing.That is a subject that will always be debated. :Twocents:

Cool..........  :2thumbs:
Troy

bebeep1969

Cool car indeed.  Rare options like power windows, 6 way seats, deluxe seat belts, wood grain wheel, am 8 track, bumper guards.  WOW.  very impressive.  Concerning the nose and the paint around the headlights showing. the nose obviously has been repainted.  How many 86000 mile cars dont show any/not even one stone chip???  Paint on drain plugs in trunk???  I would believe it retains a majority of its original paint but the word survivor???  Very questionable!!!  Just my opinion  :cheers:
1970 FJ5 V-code 4 speed Superbird
1970 FY1 V-code 4 speed Superbird

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on November 06, 2008, 05:40:56 PM
Maybe someone else can chime in here, but wasn't that car at the Monster Mopar show in 2007? For sale then along with a 440-6 Bird that was pretty much a match to it?

Not the same car.

As far as original paint on the nose,  it's pretty easy to tell.   Do the decals have a slight texture to them?   Originals do.  If they are smooth, the nose has been worked on.   It looks like that car has some original paint, but has had a little bit of work done through the years to keep it looking good.   

69_500

Quote from: DougSchellinger on November 07, 2008, 10:02:00 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on November 06, 2008, 05:40:56 PM

Not the same car.

As far as original paint on the nose,  it's pretty easy to tell.   Do the decals have a slight texture to them?   Originals do.  If they are smooth, the nose has been worked on.   It looks like that car has some original paint, but has had a little bit of work done through the years to keep it looking good.   

Thanks for the response Doug. As you can tell I don't pay as much attention to the Bird's as I do the Daytona's.

pettybird

I talked with Smith at the WW meet in Charlotte at the farewell picnic.  Apparently, Kenny Brackett had the keys for nearly the whole time, with Smith intending the car to be taken to the various stops.  I got wide eyed, and he said, "yeah, your mom could have driven yours and you could have driven mine." 

dammit
dammit
dammit
dammit
dammit
dammit
dammit
dammit
dammit
dammit
dammit
dammit
dammit
dammit

pettybird

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 06, 2008, 10:24:04 AM

VERY few did--they were like a $5 option.  Mike Atkins' EK2 bird has them, too.  code M83.