News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Alan Jackson CD cover...2nd Gen Charger...

Started by Moparman01, November 05, 2008, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparman01

Anyone seen the new Alan Jackson Good Time CD cover, it shows Alan sitting in a 2nd Gen Charger, if i had to guess i'd say it was a '68. Anyone know anything about the car? It strange cuz Alan Jackson as far as i know has always been known as a ford guy, you see him driving nuthin but blue oval-mobiles in his videos and the "i'm gonna buy me a ford truck (mercury) and cruise it up and down the road" song. I'm not a huge Alan Jackson fan myself but i do like some country music and i happend to see the album cover and was supprised. You can see it on his website, www.alanjackson.com, it is definatly a 2nd gen Charger.

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

towman

i found a better pic dosent look like it has the door vent markings

but this one shows what looks like charger on the roof line

G-man

Someone should buy him pants, apparantely he is poor.

It seems to be a 68. The dash looks like it has a point in it which only the 68's had.  :shruggy:

Drache

Quote from: moparstuart on November 05, 2008, 04:33:58 PM
already a whole other thread on it              http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39129.0.html

That whole thread seemed to be people debating on if it was a Charger or not lol! In on of the pictures posted here you can actually see the "C" from the "Charger" logo.  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

pettyfan43

Whether it's  a Charger or not is NOT an issue, look at the width of the door, NO OTHER b-body had doors that wide from 68-70.

Case closed.

Drache

Quote from: pettyfan43 on November 05, 2008, 06:57:00 PM
Whether it's  a Charger or not is NOT an issue, look at the width of the door, NO OTHER b-body had doors that wide from 68-70.

Case closed.

Actually you don't need to measure the width of doors, just read the "Charger" on the side  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

CharcoalCharger

Quote from: Moparman01 on November 05, 2008, 04:15:43 PM
Anyone seen the new Alan Jackson Good Time CD cover, it shows Alan sitting in a 2nd Gen Charger, if i had to guess i'd say it was a '68. Anyone know anything about the car? It strange cuz Alan Jackson as far as i know has always been known as a ford guy, you see him driving nuthin but blue oval-mobiles in his videos and the "i'm gonna buy me a ford truck (mercury) and cruise it up and down the road" song. I'm not a huge Alan Jackson fan myself but i do like some country music and i happend to see the album cover and was supprised. You can see it on his website, www.alanjackson.com, it is definatly a 2nd gen Charger.

Maybe he is wising up and ditching that Ford crap.  Maybe now he can strike a deal up with Wrangler for some new jeans. 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Drache on November 05, 2008, 08:03:23 PM

Case closed.

Actually you don't need to measure the width of doors, just read the "Charger" on the side  :icon_smile_big:
:shruggy: :-\ :P   I looked and looked.  I ain't seeing no "Charger" lettering.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Drache

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 05, 2008, 10:36:59 PM

Case closed.

Seek and ye shall find!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

pettyfan43

Could be his car, never know, Ford Gave him a new F150 each year when was doing Ads, but he had several Cummins Dodges he used on his farm, and had at least one Viper. The 70 Road Runner with the Air Grabber in the Chattahooche music vid is his (440 six barrel car I heard) and he also has an original custom Joe Baillon 49-50 Merc with an early Hemi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smgVLKoA1sE

Once about :45 and then again at about 2 minutes B5 blue car

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Drache on November 05, 2008, 11:16:03 PM

Case closed.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooh.  Thanks. :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Drache

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 07, 2008, 07:10:53 PM
Quote from: Drache on November 05, 2008, 11:16:03 PM

Case closed.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooh.  Thanks. :icon_smile_big:

No Problem!  :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire