News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FIREMAN RON (OR ANYONE ELSE KNOWLEDGEABLE)

Started by 73TXRallye440, November 05, 2008, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73TXRallye440

I have finally found a used 440 EDELBROCK CH4B DUAL PLANE. Here are two pictures, would this work or should I keep looking?

OWNERS EMAIL---

HI

ITS IN GOOD SHAPE
NOT MODIFIED
2 OF THE 8 CARB STUD HOLES ARE STRIPPED

73TXRallye440

62 Max

The holes can be helicoiled.The hole on the bottom is an air passage that exits on the passenger side of the intake.Can be used for a heated choke.Use it,if not interested I am.

RD

all those are are edelbrock aluminum casted versions of the cast iron versions mopar produced.  go for a performer intake or a performer rpm. just my 2 cents
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Chatt69chgr

My understanding is that the CH4B is similar to the Edelbrock performer RPM.  I think the CH4B peaks at a little higher rpm than the performer rpm does.  Thats why some prefer it to the performer rpm.  I believe that Just69Chgr used the CH4B on his engine.  I think the Weiand 8009 is about the same as the CH4B.  Does anybody else have any knowledge on this intake they would like to share?

ACUDANUT

Quote from: RD on November 05, 2008, 06:07:49 PM
all those are are edelbrock aluminum casted versions of the cast iron versions mopar produced.  go for a performer intake or a performer rpm. just my 2 cents
I agree with RD. They made alot better intakes since that old one (which is the same as a factory cast iron one, minus the weight) Go with a TORKER... :Twocents:

firefighter3931

Matt, buy that manifold. Like 62Max said just helicoil the stripped holes and install new studs. That particular intake is one of the original Direct Connection "over the counter" speed parts and was sold through a Chrysler dealer parts department. Very cool !  :icon_smile_cool:

Chatt, The CH4b is an excellent intake manifold....much better than the standard performer and almost as good as the Performer RPM. On an engine combination that peaks under 6000 rpm you wouldn't notice any difference between the CH4B & Rpm manifolds. The CH4B will also work fine with factory throttle and Kickdown linkages while the RPM requires modifications to those assemblies. I've seen dyno tests where the CH4B has made in excess of 600hp on a high compression roller cammed 440 so it moves plenty of air.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Just 6T9 CHGR

The CH4B is a tried & true great performing intake from Edelbrock that flows much better than the Performer.  Plus it has the added benifit of fitting under a Chargers stock hood.  You'd be hard pressed to find a better "stock replacement"
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Which in a space of 440 yards amounts to what? three car lengths?

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2008, 08:43:04 PM
Which in a space of 440 yards amounts to what? three car lengths?

At least !  :lol:

RD

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 05, 2008, 08:35:50 PM
The CH4B is a tried & true great performing intake from Edelbrock that flows much better than the Performer.  Plus it has the added benifit of fitting under a Chargers stock hood.  You'd be hard pressed to find a better "stock replacement"

a edelbrock performer rpm can fit under the hood of a 3rd generation charger hood with a drop-base filter housing with no problem, i have one on my 72 and had one on my 73.  the performer rpm, performer and ch4b are all different intakes.  the perfomer rpm is a dualplane with more plenum length to increase higher top end w/o sacrificing torque production.  a very good intake for what you may require. 

but ultimately the decision is based upon what you want. good luck with your decision.

Edelbrock Performer RPM: Basic Operating RPM Range: 1,500-6,500
Edelbrock Perfomrer: Basic Operating RPM Range: Idle-5,500
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

sunroofgtx

What about the Street Dominator ?  One of the best flowing, low-rise and dual plane manifolds ever made. Many, many tests have been done, and this thing has always finished on top.   try to find one of those. My .02 cents

Ghoste

Actually I think the Street Dominator is a single plane.

73TXRallye440

Just found this one for $125-- thoughts on it?

rav440

$125.00 is about right . i paid that for mine  :2thumbs:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

73TXRallye440

Quote from: 73TXRallye440 on November 08, 2008, 03:05:09 PM
Just found this one for $125-- thoughts on it?

Ron, what do you think about that one?

firefighter3931

Looks great....send it to the bead blaster and it will look brand new !  :icon_smile_cool:

I'd grab it !  :2thumbs:

Ron

73TXRallye440

firefighter3931