News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would you buy a Super Bee or Charger?

Started by 375instroke, November 05, 2008, 01:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Ghoste

The Dart wagon is "pimpin" and purple, that's why it's 25 grand.  I still like the Charger better.  :nana:

TeeWJay426

The Charger is in better shape than the Bee..... for the same money, I'd go for that based on condition. Didn't notice what the drivetrain in the Charger was though... if it's a 318, I'd also agree with the general sentiment that they are both 10K$ cars, not 15.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

Damn!  Good idea to use that small floor joist for a shelf support beam..  :yesnod:

I build my shelves with 2x4 frames and small kickers..  My next garage just might get this floor joist idea..

Paul

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

sunroofblacklee

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 06, 2008, 11:58:59 AM
Damn!  Good idea to use that small floor joist for a shelf support beam..  :yesnod:

I build my shelves with 2x4 frames and small kickers..  My next garage just might get this floor joist idea..

Paul

When they brought the metal siding over for the garage they used these floor joist to lay the metal on.  They left the floor joist and never picked them up.  We had tons of them, gave a bunch to my cousin as he was building a house and saved him a bunch of money. The rest we used as shelfs through out the garage, worked real nice and where able to put some pretty heavy stuff up there.
1969 dodge charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60, triple black

BB1

Here was my old bee, with optional black scoops and hood pins. 383 4-speed
Matching numbers 100% original
Delete my profile

sunroofblacklee

Quote from: BB1 on November 06, 2008, 01:36:47 PM
Here was my old bee, with optional black scoops and hood pins. 383 4-speed

Cool bee, the black hood scoops was a neat option.  I always thought they came body colored and hated when I saw them painted black. When I found out they actually could of came that way I like them black now.  Was it vo2 black painted roof car also?
1969 dodge charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60, triple black

BB1

No it had a ripped off black vinyl top. Pictures are from 1987.
Delete my profile

BigBlockSam

i have both superbee and chargers . there both great cars . i would go with the one thats in better condition . plus talk them down a couple of thousands .  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

pettyfan43

Quote from: 375instroke on November 05, 2008, 11:42:42 PM
I like the Bee because it's a '69, and Air Grabber.  I don't like Coronet bulge hoods.  The Charger would be a good candidate for a stroker/5-speed R/T clone.  I wouldn't want to cut up a real R/T.  Glad you guys think they are overpriced.  I see cars like mid '70s 4-door Slant 6 Darts asking $5000 and think WTF, I'll never afford a Charger again.  In '91, I had a '68 Charger R/T, completely rust free, shiny original paint, no dents, perfect interior except for sail panel parts of the head liner, bad vinyl top, and non-original 440.  All I could get for it was $4000.  I had a bunch of $2000 to $3000 offers.  One month later, I saw a '68 318 Charger in similar condition to mine, but was hit in the passenger door, and they wanted $8000.  I see the asking prices for total pieces of crap, and get a distorted idea of the market.  Look at this thing:

NOW you know why the call it DOPE!!!

375instroke

What do you think about the price of there cars.  The condition of this Bee may be better than the '69 I'm talking about, but it looks like a polished turd to me.  It says original engine and transmission, which aren't in the car right now, but the fender tag is missing.  Original my ass!

Ghoste

What did they do to the rad, paint it part way?

mikesbbody

Definitly the charger  :2thumbs: but if the Bee was a 71, Id take the Bee  :Twocents:

472 R/T SE

sunroofblacklee, did you buy the copper '69 from Harwell in Texas?

375instroke, are you wanting a '68-'69 Charger or b body to buy or just looking?  I have a buddy w/ a '70 Charger R/T SE that's for sure for sale and a '69 Bee that might be.  We're down here in the Portland area.

375instroke

Quote from: Ghoste on November 07, 2008, 11:00:11 PM
What did they do to the rad, paint it part way?

I'm sure he just washed it and it's water.

Ghoste

Okay, that makes sense.  I like the color on the rest of the car.  :D

Khyron

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 05, 2008, 01:17:54 AM
I already have a '69 Charger so I'd take the '69 Superbee BUT due to the shape of the Superbee, I'd take the Charger.

Due to the shape of your Charger I would put the 15000 into it :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

375instroke

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 08, 2008, 12:18:42 AM
375instroke, are you wanting a '68-'69 Charger or b body to buy or just looking?  I have a buddy w/ a '70 Charger R/T SE that's for sure for sale and a '69 Bee that might be.  We're down here in the Portland area.

I'm saving for a new house with some garage space.  My house now doesn't have enough room for my 4 cars now, but if the right car came along, I may get rid of one.  These cars don't come along much any more unless they are at ridiculous prices.  The right cars for me right now are '68 or '69 Charger R/T, '69 Air Grabber Coronet R/T or Super Bee, or A12 car.  I've already had 2 cars hit & run in front of my house.  Man I need garage space.  If the right car came along, I have a '62 Cadillac that was the ex-wife's car that I'd send to the junk yard if I had to for the space.

hemi-hampton

Everybody sez overpriced, But just a couple of years ago seems like these would have been a steal? LEON. :scratchchin:

P.S. Take the Super Bee

Ghoste

So are you saying we're cheap or the market hasn't corrected enough yet?  :D

Dans 68

Quote from: Ghoste on November 08, 2008, 03:58:11 PM
So are you saying we're cheap or the market hasn't corrected enough yet?  :D

Yes....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

375instroke

Here's an example of what I think is the right car that one just can't pass up:  I think the guy got it for $20,000.  What a deal.  All original '68 Charger R/T.  What a find.  Here's the original post:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10525.0/all.html