News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Installing new windshield and back glass clips.

Started by tatrick2me, November 05, 2008, 09:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatrick2me

Does anyone know of a tool to install new trim clips around the windshield and back glass. :brickwall: :brickwall: :shruggy:

Or does anyone have any suggestions on how to install them. It bends the clips trying to knock the V part of the clip over the stud. And because the glass is so close I can't get any of my snap ring pliers to work.
Bone 7

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tatrick2me

Bone 7

hemi-hampton

I got the perfect solution. Best way to do this is with the glass out, not in. Thats the way I always do it. LEON.

tatrick2me

I got them installed. I ended up making me a tool from an old file handle. So far as doing it with the glass out goes. The glass has never been out of my 73 SE.  Like my 69 and 07 R/T's its a one owner garage kept zero rust car. All I removed was enough to do a color change. :cheers:
Bone 7