News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger art

Started by Ghoste, October 28, 2008, 07:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Well I didn't buy a car at the RM auction in Toronto on the weekend but I did come home with some artwork, it's a new print from Michael Irvine.  I've seen his work in Mopar Collectors Guide and I'll have to post a picture of the print I have because I don't know how to describe it exactly.  He has a very interesting style with a lot of details hidden in various reflections on the car surfaces.  Anyway, this new one of his is all Chargers and it's placed at a drive-in where Dirty Mary Crazy Larry is playing.  I had to have it.  I'll get a pic posted.

keepat

I bought that same Charger print along with two others at fall Carlisle. Awesome work with all the reflections of reflections.
Pat   

Ghoste

Yes, that's the one, the details jump out a little better in the actual one but that shows it very well.

BrianShaughnessy

That's pretty nice...   didn't see it at Carlisle in July.    I looked at his booth but there wasn't anything that I really liked at the time.

I bought this one at Carlisle - um... err well mine's #512.   I just got it back from the local frame shop.  Getting prints framed isn't cheap anymore!

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

y3chargerrt

Nothings cheap anymore!

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

RD

i am kinda pissed that a jenny lee gets front stage before a 3rd gen R/T?  can you say catering to a certain year owner? grrrrr

other than that, its a great piece of work.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: RD on October 29, 2008, 10:27:12 AM
i am kinda pissed that a jenny lee gets front stage before a 3rd gen R/T?  can you say catering to a certain year owner? grrrrr

Um....  are you referring to the print that I bought as opposed to the print that is the topic starter?

Cause that would have required clicking the link or somebody else saving / posting - the latter being myself.

As for favoratism ... well... technically a Jenny Lee is a '69 and should come 1st  :nana:  hence why I bought the print.    However my favorite thing about it was the black 69 with the 6 pak hood in the front  :icon_smile_big:

Now looking at the topic starter print...   A '70 and a 3rd gen blocking the view of the 69      ::)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Brian I noticed your car in that print.....is it yours, save for the Hemi plate???
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 29, 2008, 12:19:36 PM
Brian I noticed your car in that print.....is it yours, save for the Hemi plate???

Can't say for sure or not.  I don't have a patent on black 69's w/ six pack hoods.  :shruggy:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on October 29, 2008, 01:47:24 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 29, 2008, 12:19:36 PM

Can't say for sure or not.  I don't have a patent on black 69's w/ six pack hoods.  :shruggy:

Right, what was I thinking?  :slap: 
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dodge Don

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on October 29, 2008, 10:55:47 AM

A '70 and a 3rd gen blocking the view of the 69      ::)

As it should be  :yesnod:

Dodge Don

Quote from: Ghoste on October 28, 2008, 07:37:53 PM
Well I didn't buy a car at the RM auction in Toronto on the weekend but I did come home with some artwork, it's a new print from Michael Irvine.  I've seen his work in Mopar Collectors Guide and I'll have to post a picture of the print I have because I don't know how to describe it exactly.  He has a very interesting style with a lot of details hidden in various reflections on the car surfaces.  Anyway, this new one of his is all Chargers and it's placed at a drive-in where Dirty Mary Crazy Larry is playing.  I had to have it.  I'll get a pic posted.

Small world. I was there too. I was attending an event in the other side of the International Centre but couldn't resist visiting the auction.

runningman

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on October 29, 2008, 06:30:40 AM
That's pretty nice...   didn't see it at Carlisle in July.    I looked at his booth but there wasn't anything that I really liked at the time.

I bought this one at Carlisle - um... err well mine's #512.   I just got it back from the local frame shop.  Getting prints framed isn't cheap anymore!

Sweet print, I need to get one of those.  I started doing my own framing about seven years ago.  I have a bunch of sports stuff and I couldn't see paying the crazy prices they were charging.  They have some good deals at Michaels, I have seen up to 70% off if you do three or more prints.  It is hard to beat that even doing it yourself...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Dodge Don on October 29, 2008, 07:12:32 PM

Put the Kool-Aid down Don :nono:

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Dodge Don

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 30, 2008, 12:29:00 PM
Quote from: Dodge Don on October 29, 2008, 07:12:32 PM

Put the Kool-Aid down Don :nono:

;)

Same Kool-Aid you guys drink just different flavour  :cheers:

Ghoste

I wish I had known you were there Don, I could've said hello.  I wouldn't have had time for much more than that, but...
I'm guessing then, that you have already put the numbers on that 70 into the registry?

Ghoste

Quote from: keepat on October 28, 2008, 08:34:03 PM
I bought that same Charger print along with two others at fall Carlisle. Awesome work with all the reflections of reflections.
Pat   

Say Pat, do you mean two other Irvine prints because I noticed he has some other Mopar ones?  Although it was the Charger one that really caught me.

A383Wing

There's another one out there of Mopars in a wrecking yard that has real good detail also...anyone got a pic?

Bryan

keepat

Quote from: Ghoste on October 31, 2008, 11:39:28 PM
Quote from: keepat on October 28, 2008, 08:34:03 PM
Pat   

Say Pat, do you mean two other Irvine prints because I noticed he has some other Mopar ones?  Although it was the Charger one that really caught me.

I picked up two from Irvine and one from Dale Klee. The 2nd Irvine print is a group of Pontiac T/A (I have a 72 T/A I'm restoring)
The Charger print caught me as well!
Pat