News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Could use a little support...

Started by dkn1997, November 01, 2008, 03:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

Heading to the Belmont LI cars show and got about a mile from home

RECHRGED

dkn1997

Some more.  and no, I was not trying to recreate Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, although the resemblence is uncanny.

RECHRGED

A383Wing

The70RT

Sorry about that  :'( Hopefully your insurance will take care of it. Yeah what happend?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back N Black

WOW! sorry for your luck. thats one of my biggest fears.

dkn1997

This just happened 2 hours ago, so i am still stunned. I had my 8 year old daughter with me and a 79 year old man turned left infront of me.  I thank god that I installed 3 point belts in the back. If anything would have happened to her, I couldn't live with myself.  No injuries, except for my pride.  
RECHRGED

Troy

Oh man, that sucks. I'm glad everyone was ok. My biggest fear when riding a motorcycle or any of my old cars is the other people on the road. For that matter, it scares me in my newer cars too. Looks like a pretty hard hit. I had my very first Charger exactly one week before someone ran a stop sign (turning left) in front of me and I plastered their door at 35 mph. I don't remember the damage being that bad and it was nearly a broadside hit. Maybe I slowed down more than I thought but the Mustang I hit was totalled. My black car has had damage like that in the past as well and I'd say that your driver's side frame rail is probably bent.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Marck

Ouch man, that is sooo uncool...
Sorry about that, hope everything will turn out fine with the insurance and all...

charger Downunder

At least you and your daughter are ok,These days you have to be on the lookout at all times when driving.My eldest Daisy is 12 and never been in the charger as it has no rear shoulder belts,my five year old max and his sister Nova cant wait to get in the Dodge and i was just looking at 3 point belts in the back last week.At least the car looks like a fairly easy repair.Chin up and go to the car show .
[/quote]

dkn1997

Quote from: Troy on November 01, 2008, 03:39:05 PM
Oh man, that sucks. I'm glad everyone was ok. My biggest fear when riding a motorcycle or any of my old cars is the other people on the road. For that matter, it scares me in my newer cars too. Looks like a pretty hard hit. I had my very first Charger exactly one week before someone ran a stop sign (turning left) in front of me and I plastered their door at 35 mph. I don't remember the damage being that bad and it was nearly a broadside hit. Maybe I slowed down more than I thought but the Mustang I hit was totalled. My black car has had damage like that in the past as well and I'd say that your driver's side frame rail is probably bent.

Troy

the inner drivers fender apron is tweaked, but the hood still closes, the firewall is untouched.  I agree that the drivers rail probably got tweaked.  doors still open close fine, cowl has a slight dimple, but looks it's form the top of the fender pushing it.  He was totally at fault and that's what the cop told me he would put in his report.  I just don't know what kind of runaround I will get from insurance.  I have american collectors and I was told that the other guy's insurance will pay too. I don't know what to think.   unfortunately, it's an agreed value policy that I never really followed up on since I got it over 10 years ago. it says $9500.00 on it.  car is worth a lot more, so I don't really know what kind of fix Im in here.  It's one those "never thought it would happen to me" deals. I hope my ignorance doesn't cost me my car.
RECHRGED

dkn1997

Quote from: charger Downunder on November 01, 2008, 03:54:46 PM
.Chin up and go to the car show .

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  that's pretty funny.  But no car show for me. 
RECHRGED

69*F5*SE

Wow man, glad to hear your daughter's ok.  Very sad to see what happened. Hope your insurance will deal with the damage. But, again your daughter's ok and that's what really matters.   Ted

mikesbbody

That really sucks, and im sorry to see it happen to you (or any mopar guy for that matter) but like everyone say's at least your ok, your daughter is ok  :2thumbs:

A383Wing

Sheet metal & car parts are replaceable, people ain't......count yer blessings and call it good....could have been much worse.

Bryan

472 R/T SE

Quote from: dkn1997 on November 01, 2008, 03:30:51 PM
 I thank god that I installed 3 point belts in the back. If anything would have happened to her, I couldn't live with myself.  

I will not tote my daughter around until I do your shoulder belt modification, period.  This was all I needed to see.  I for one shouldn't tempt fate as I too would be absolutely sick if because of me, my daughter was injured.  You as a Father should be commended for putting her in the safe position she was in.

And that's all that matters.  You and your little girl are OK.

Sorry about the car.

CB

oh, man, it looks painfull to take a hit like this
hope you're ok :angel:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

NHCharger

That made me sick to my stomach to look at. Glad you and your daughter are OK. And no that won't buff out.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NYCMille

Dude... i got parts... call me. I'm really sorry this happened Kev. :'(

dkn1997

Thanks mike.  I will be calling you shortly. Definately will be in the market for a Hood, drivers fender, drivers inner fender apron, front valance, front bumper and whatever sheetmetal actually holds the headlights.  it's all pretty crunched. 

Onto another subject....there was a thread that I responded to a few weeks ago where a guy was asking about what to strap his kids into in the back of an old car...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48893.0.html

take the time to read it and tell me how you would feel if your charger got crunched like this AND you are in the hospital with a hurt kid.  I tagged this old fart real hard and my kid doesn't have a scratch on her.  You can take my charger and blow it up for all I care.  my daughter, my world, is 5 feet from me playing with her cousins like nothing happened.   just read that thread "I think my kids are safe" and "when's the last time you saw a kid cut in half by a lap belt"  Jesus Christ what are some people thinking!!!    I'm getting a little pissed now so I'll stop. 
RECHRGED

dkn1997

Check out the irony...

RECHRGED

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: dkn1997 on November 01, 2008, 03:59:13 PM
Quote from: Troy on November 01, 2008, 03:39:05 PM

Troy

the inner drivers fender apron is tweaked, but the hood still closes, the firewall is untouched.  I agree that the drivers rail probably got tweaked.  doors still open close fine, cowl has a slight dimple, but looks it's form the top of the fender pushing it.  He was totally at fault and that's what the cop told me he would put in his report.  I just don't know what kind of runaround I will get from insurance.  I have american collectors and I was told that the other guy's insurance will pay too. I don't know what to think.   unfortunately, it's an agreed value policy that I never really followed up on since I got it over 10 years ago. it says $9500.00 on it.  car is worth a lot more, so I don't really know what kind of fix Im in here.  It's one those "never thought it would happen to me" deals. I hope my ignorance doesn't cost me my car.

Wow man really sorry to see that happened.  Like the others said Im glad you & your daughter are OK
I also use American Collectors but thankfully I have been jacking my value up every few years (have 50k on her now)
I do know that they raise you $500 a year automatically so it looks like you really never asked for an increase in a while.
Looks like it can be fixed good as new.  I am curious to see how well AC handles the claim.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bronzeT5

Like I said in the PM, I have parts too. I think they should work on a '68.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dkn1997

I don't think it will cost more than 7 or 8 grand to fix.  while I am underinsured, if they total it, won't they give me the 9500?  and then it would be a matter of buying it back from them?  I don't know.  I anticipate zero cooperation from the other guys insurance company, but stranger things have happened.
RECHRGED

Magnumcharger

Hmmm....by the looks of it (and from what I can recall) Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry got poked by another old fart too.
Glad to hear that your daughter is unscathed.
I wouldn't let my daughter on my Quad either...after almost rolling it one day.

Hey! I need parts too!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed