News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

intake for my 440

Started by hard-charger, November 01, 2008, 06:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hard-charger

hi all!
ive got a couple of intakes in my collection of parts. wondering what would be the best for my combo.
440 ci.
30 over
10.1 comp. w/906 heads.(but im gonna install my new stealth heads).
engle kv3 int. kv4 exh. solid
2in dougs headers w/ 3in x pipes
727 w/ shift kit 3600 tci super street fighter conv.
and 4.10 sure grip

the intakes ive got sitting around are:
edelbrock torquer 2
edelbrock streetmaster
indy duel plane

was wondering what would make some good hp and torque? or should i just forkout some cash and go w/ a holley sd or eddy rpm?
i like the indy intake. but is it over kill for my combo?
if anyone has experiece or knowlege on the subject, it would be pricless!!!! :popcrn:

firefighter3931

I like the ICH dual plane for that application.  :2thumbs: The torker 2 would be ok as well, but the throttle response will be stronger with the dual plane, inmo. The streetmaster is a very poor manifold.....suitable for a towing/rv application.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

hard-charger

the car will be mostly street w/ some once a week racing when the season starts back up. so ya, torque is nice. :-)
I haven't had the intake on a car yet. will it be an issue w/ hood clearence on my 68 roadrunner?
& 1 more thing. lol. what do you think would be a good carb for this car?
I was looking @ a quickfuel I'm not sure of the size & model. but it had a choke. & I was also thinking of a holley 770 street avenger.
& a proform. (but it has no choke)
thanks again!

firefighter3931

The ICH dual plane isn't very tall compared to many of the single plane manifolds out there....it should fit fine with a 14x3 drop base air cleaner assembly. K&N makes a nice 1.25 drop base air cleaner with the flow-thru top...that's what i would use.  ;)

The carb is easy : Proform 750 race series double pumper.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

You have become quite the ProForm endorser Ron.  (just an observation not an agreement or challenge, I have no experience with them whatsoever)

hard-charger

cool!
so 750 profrom you say.......
vacum or mech.?
thanks again!!!! :2thumbs:

oldschool

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 02, 2008, 09:11:45 AM
The ICH dual plane isn't very tall compared to many of the single plane manifolds out there....it should fit fine with a 14x3 drop base air cleaner assembly. K&N makes a nice 1.25 drop base air cleaner with the flow-thru top...that's what i would use.  ;)

The carb is easy : Proform 750 race series double pumper.  :2thumbs:

Ron
:iagree: i think the indy dual plane would work best.if you ever do a stroker motor,that dual plane is very good for that also.i think its the BEST all around manifold made!i have four of them.like ron says they are not to tall,i think they are 5 1/4" from block rail to carb flange.i use a k/n flow control drop air cleaner on my chargers and cudas with no problems.i also agree with ron,get the double pumper.
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!