News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One of the nicest Barracudas I've ever seen

Started by bull, November 01, 2008, 12:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

SFRT

personally I like the 'first generation' Barracudas more than the 'cool ones'. Done up right they look tuff as hell.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Quote from: SFRT on November 01, 2008, 12:15:49 AM
personally I like the 'first generation' Barracudas more than the 'cool ones'. Done up right they look tuff as hell.

When you say cool ones do you mean 1970 and up? I always assumed that the '67-'69 were the 2nd generation Barracudas and the '70-'74 were the third gens.

SFRT

I like the 67-69 ones the best. so second gen I guess. I have had a negative view of 1970-on since this total asshole I knew years ago paid huge money for one. to me, those 'cudas are asshat-mobiles. I think the quality is pretty crappy for the price they command as well. Every guy I know personally has one is a douche. It has tainted that car for me.

I am sure theres a nice 'cuda owner out there..I have yet to meet him. They are like the BMW guys of the musclecar world.

unfair and weird, but thats how I feel.

I do like 1970-71 Challengers tho. prolly cause Vanishing Point blew my mind when i was a kid.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Magnumcharger

That's pretty funny stuff right there!! :lol:

E-body guys are definitely the "Corvette" guys of the Mopar hobby. 'Nuff said.

My first car was a '69 Barracuda fastback. It was a great car (until the torsion bar crossmember broke).
I always lusted after my friend Lynn's '69 Charger, which is why I now have my Charger R/T.
Strange how things go now, I'm lusting after '67-'69 Barracudas really bad these days.
I guess it's alright to have both, huh? :icon_smile_big:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

greenpigs

I still want to build a 64-66 barracuda SCCA ride...410 SB 4 speed and whatever class I end up is cool.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

dkn1997

Quote from: SFRT on November 01, 2008, 01:15:13 AM
.......this total asshole I knew years ago paid huge money for one. to me, those 'cudas are asshat-mobiles. I think the quality is pretty crappy for the price they command as well. Every guy I know personally has one is a douche. It has tainted that car for me.

I am sure theres a nice 'cuda owner out there..I have yet to meet him. .......

Stop sugarcoating it, tell us how you really feel!!!!   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
RECHRGED

dkn1997

I love that custom console/seats/doorpanels. still uses stock dash with some touches.  I'd love to do that to my charger.
RECHRGED

69_500

Seems like a pretty nice custom ride, but not sure if I'd drop $69K on a car like that. Personally speaking that is. And can't they at least show a shot of the engine comparment.

Brock Samson

Interesting they moved the fuel filler door to the top of the fender, I don't like the steering wheel at all though..
more pics would be nice..

vert

Quote from: Magnumcharger on November 01, 2008, 07:08:46 AM
That's pretty funny stuff right there!! :lol:

E-body guys are definitely the "Corvette" guys of the Mopar hobby. 'Nuff said.
[...]
I gotta take offense to this one.  My 1st Mopar was a 71 Charger (sig pict).  I have 2 e-bodies now.  I don't wear spandex, don't wear gold chains, don't have mousse hair, or any hair.  And I'm on this site.  I check out all the Mopars at shows and cruises, not just e-bodies, or just e-body verts.  I'm still looking for the right 71 R/T Charger which may be my last Mopar.

Troy

Geez, I'm glad I got rid of my Barracuda now...

As for this particular car, *when* was it appraised at $122k? It's only a 340 and I haven't seen many Hemi clones in that range. It does look nice but I bet they'll be sitting on that one for a while.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Yea, no doubt the price is too high, but it is a nice car.

Have you noticed lately that it seems the guys that want the same prices cars were fetching two years ago are advertising on craigslist more now than on Ebay? At least that's the way it seems to me. I guess they assume the bad economy news hasn't gotten around to the craigslist people yet.

Ghoste

Or e-bays fees and scammers are chasing everyone away.  Then again, Craigslist has no shortage of scammers either.

Silver R/T

Im not fond of that body style but that one is pretty good looking
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

WingCharger

'69 Barracudas are my favorite A-Body.
1970 Challengers are the only E-Body I like.