News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

H pipe versus X pipe

Started by suntech, October 23, 2008, 03:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suntech

So i was ordering a new exhaust system for a buddy of mine today. TTI ceramic coated headers, 1-7/8 primarys, and a 2-1/2 system, with X pipe. He has a std 440 in a 68 R/T.
The guy at TTI tells me that the X pipe gains 12-15 RWHP over the H pipe. Sounds like an aweful lot!!!!!
I know H and X gives a gain over a seperated system, but i did not think the diff between H and X was that big!!
Any experiance guys???? :shruggy:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

RECHRGD

Those numbers seem to be consistant with the articles I've read and general opinion on this site.  I ran the X pipe until I installed a
gear Vendors O/D unit.  I had to go back to the cross pipe set-up and didn't really feel any seat of the pants loss of power.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

mikesbbody

I thought one (the X pipe) gives more H.P but the H gives more torque? ron knows about this also from what i know the X is alittle quieter

Ghoste

I thought the X improved both??

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ghoste on October 24, 2008, 02:59:28 AM
I thought the X improved both??

Generally it does...but it's one of those combination specific things. Some builds will show a higher HP increse than torque because of the cam/compression/exhaust combination.

Overall it's a worthwhile upgrade, inmho.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

SFRT

I have  3" X pipe and its super-quiet, which I like. I have a hopped up 440 and my car is quieter than my friends H-piped  standard issue 383 superbee.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Silver R/T

I have X pipe on my Cobra, sounds awesome, Id go with Xpipe
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BLAM

I go with the H-pipe because I like the extra room for my drive shaft loop.  X-pipes and good drive shaft loops are tough to do together.
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell