News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

finally got the motor! *INSTALL PICS* -its running!-VIDEO * ITS ON THE STREET!*

Started by SFRT, September 19, 2008, 06:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

You know I have to agree they do look forward a bit huh?
Heres another original pic which looks to be from an unrestored V2 R/T coded for the pins (I have the tag pic as well) It also had the V21 option as well (faded)
It was on ebay in '05 and was purchased for like 6k....I wish the new owner would register it.  The only engine pic in the ad did not show the pin location...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

I mounted the cables in the 'channel' that runs along either side of the grill support. I can post a pic tommorrow. looking at the pic of the red hood above, that looks pretty much like where mine ended up///center of the pin is 3.5" in from the side of the hood and 6.5 from the ridge just above the hood light holes. on the underside of the hood the hole ends up going pretty much in the middle of the 'support beam'...so it looked fairly clean and went thru the strongest area of the hood as well.

Always Drive Responsibly

472 R/T SE

Gloss black inserts would look beetchin' on that flat black.  :Twocents:

Don't remember seeing the post holes perpendicular like that.  :thumbs:

SFRT

I have hoodlights...my old hood had 1 blank insert, but I decided I wanted the lights instead. I have no idea what it originally had. I find the lights comforting somehow.
Always Drive Responsibly

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: SFRT on November 21, 2008, 11:01:03 PM
so it had an organisol blacked out hood that followed that line?
Yes, this is the V21 Hood Performance Treatment option...

I have been contemplating on adding the V21 to mine for a few years now & one day my car will look just like this one.

If you look on my exterior colors page on my registry website, I have the factory paint application bulliten for the V21
http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/exterior.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Brock Samson

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on November 21, 2008, 09:26:26 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 21, 2008, 09:24:58 PM
As an aside, where did that pic come from Chris?
Got it from Brian (UFO) on the site.....not sure where he got it from???

it's from a Motor Trend magazine mid '1969 i have it in my stash of Charger related mags somewhere...

Ghoste

SFRT

lanyard mounting spot

the hole goes straight through the main support

need to paint up in there now....

I suppose the question is:

Always Drive Responsibly

jb666

SFRT

thanks man! thing was a 100% turdsicle when i bought it..but I had to have a 4 speed! its been super fun fixing it up.
Always Drive Responsibly

CB

Quote from: SFRT on November 22, 2008, 03:03:26 PM
thanks man! thing was a 100% turdsicle when i bought it..but I had to have a 4 speed! its been super fun fixing it up.

and super fun following this project, thanks SFRT!!!
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

jb666

Quote from: SFRT on November 22, 2008, 03:03:26 PM

That's admirable. Great work!!!!!!!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: SFRT on September 21, 2008, 08:59:54 PM
3 of us got it installed in about 10 minutes.

guy on the left, Don, is not a car guy, just happenned to be around so he helped. Mustache guy is Bill, who owns a few killer mopars and knows EVERYTHING about these cars, he's been the Main Mechanic on this car, silly tats are me

OMG, this picture is scary.  It looks like me in about 5 more years.  :o
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

SFRT

Dons an interesting guy. by day he is a high-level software engineer. on his spare time he makes furniture from exotic woods, old fashioned cameras, telescopes and other sort of 19th century technology. right now he is building a rocket engine, just for fun. not into cars tho.
Always Drive Responsibly

Brock Samson