News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

our Hemi Daytona MUST be a fake!

Started by pettybird, October 27, 2008, 10:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this!

(from eBay question to seller for the Daytona)

"Q:     FYI. The dodge club pages and dodge charger forums have dismissed this as a poorly done clone. I understand some ebayers are trying to expose this car and you as a fake. Just thought you should know that the cat is out of the bag. Careful. It's too bad when some people try and misrepresent cars and attempt take advantage of others. Well I'm glad noone else will be taken advantage of. It's always best to be honest. Anything else will usually come back to bite you, like this has. "

The boss's response was pretty terse as you might imagine. 

Now, I've never seen this car and the word fake in the same thread, but apparently we're all ripping the car apart here....  For some reason this guy had a bone to pick with us over some past deal. 

So, to clear the record, does ANYONE here have ANY information that would tell us our car is a clone, poorly done or otherwise?  I know the roof, decklid and hood aren't original pieces, but that doesn't make a car a rebody in anyone's book, let alone a fake. 

hemigeno

I don't know that anyone has hinted that the car was faked.  If anything, we've commented that the car is perhaps a tad "over-restored", but to my knowledge no one has questioned it's authenticity.

Wonder what "dodge club pages" he's referring to?

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on October 27, 2008, 10:11:30 AM
I don't know that anyone has hinted that the car was faked.  If anything, we've commented that the car is perhaps a tad "over-restored", but to my knowledge no one has questioned it's authenticity.

Wonder what "dodge club pages" he's referring to?

:popcrn: :    lets see some pictures
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Troy

And people wondered why I disabled replies to Classified ads... :eyes:

Obviously you guys know who posted the comments. Perhaps you could enlighten the rest of us. One small thing, the person who posted the first comment said dodge charger forums but your boss responded with "Dodge Charger Forum". There is a difference (I assume... but maybe not). Assuming these are references to public web sites the proof should be easily found on Google - but I'm not finding anything.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

pettybird

Quote from: Troy on October 27, 2008, 11:10:03 AM
And people wondered why I disabled replies to Classified ads... :eyes:

Obviously you guys know who posted the comments. Perhaps you could enlighten the rest of us. One small thing, the person who posted the first comment said dodge charger forums but your boss responded with "Dodge Charger Forum". There is a difference (I assume... but maybe not). Assuming these are references to public web sites the proof should be easily found on Google - but I'm not finding anything.

Troy

i'm not sure on the semantics as the guy is talking out of his ass, but Joe knows there's a dodgecharger.com website... 

I THINK the guy is Arizona Mopars or something to that effect.  I don't know what "Dodge club pages" means, either. 

nascarxx29

You mean this one is being called a fake.Its been re roofed due to back in the day owner added sunroof. but that doesnt add up to a rebody
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

nascarxx29

Question & Answer Answered On

Q:  FYI. The dodge club pages and dodge charger forums have dismissed this as a poorly done clone. I understand some ebayers are trying to expose this car and you as a fake. Just thought you should know that the cat is out of the bag. Careful. It's too bad when some people try and misrepresent cars and attempt take advantage of others. Well I'm glad noone else will be taken advantage of. It's always best to be honest. Anything else will usually come back to bite you, like this has.  Oct-27-08
A:   Wow, you really must not be selling anything these days, since you seem to be focusing so much on Best of Show Automotive. Could it be that the shrinking market has rejected your misrepresented, overpriced driver crap? We still cant believe that we found a brick in the quarter panel of the 70 Charger you sold us! It's easy to sit back and hide behind a screen or a forum ID and make all sorts of allegations, especially when there's no accountibility and no transparency. If anyone from a "Dodge Forum" would like to "expose this car as a fake", feel free to call me any time. My phone number is: 440-350-1480. Our showroom is open six days per week. Between myself and my employees, we own about 15 wing cars and know them well. If you've been a member of the Winged Warriors, then you know THIS Daytona, since it's been registered since 1974. Heck, I've had people send me pictures of my Daytona from 1973! The nice thing about these cars is there is much history about them. The flip side is that if anyone out there wishes to make an allegation which is patently untrue and has no basis in fact, you are committing slander. Slander is an offense for which there are many civil remedies. Now, we all have better things to do than engage our attorneys to chase after a small group of "forum buddy/experts" who stay up until the wee hours of the morning slandering other people, but please, by all means, send my your real name & address, and proof that you have slandered our car, and we will educate you on what happens in the real world when you attempt to inure someone through slander. How about we just leave it like this: anyone out there in the "Dodge Charger Forum" and "Dodge Club Pages", you have an open invitation to come out an physically inspect our documented, numbers matching Hemi Daytona, to your heart's content. After you do so, I would invite you to be a man, admit that you stuck your foot in your month, and then go back to your forum and tell the truth. 
Q:  Did you watch last week's Vegas Barrett Jackson on the tv? I was there. Prices are near a bottom and now is the time to buy classic cars at a discount. Prices are way off historic highs from 2-3 years ago. I have purchased 3 1969 Chargers in the last 3 months, at 25-50% below what they would have commanded 2 years ago. Don't be sad. It's just a cycle. There are many buyers out there for this car, though it's value is significantly deflated. Right now thgs is not a $350K car anymore. You should expect 50 - 70% of that now. If I was as proud of this car as you are, I'd park it for a few years rather than give it away now. Don't be sad. Hold your chin up and smile.  Oct-25-08
A:   I think it's time for you to sell your inventory and get out of the business. See, I was there also (Barrett Jackson). And what I saw was customs bringing record money and turd muscle cars bringing turd money. I dont deal in turd cars, so I would not have purchased any of those cars. Conversely, I HAVE sold 68 cars over the past 85 days at guide, or better than guide prices. How about you? I've also attended the Hershey auction and the sales in Monterey. Did you happen to attend those? If you did, you'd understand that RECORD PRICES are being paid for the right cars. Are you hurting right now because you are selling retread turd cars purchased at wholesale auctions? Absolutely. When people stop being picky, in 5 to 7 years (not 2 or 3), you will be able to pick up where you left off and start peddling misrepresented crap to people again at strong prices. Until then, get your stuff really cheap ... that's your market.

PocketThunder

Am I the only one having a hard time following along here?  Did i miss something over the weekend?  Is this related to another thread?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 27, 2008, 04:32:29 PM
Am I the only one having a hard time following along here?  Did i miss something over the weekend?  Is this related to another thread?
i guess only the (IN CROWD ,IN THE KNOW) people have a clue.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: 

pettybird

someone (apparently who doesn't like my boss or this company) took the time to suggest on our eBay auction that our Hemi Daytona is a fake, and that it's well known on message boards like this that we're perpetrating a fraud. 

now you're one of the cool kids   :cheers:

69_500

Ah words are easy to type, but much harder to back up. It would seem that if I was going to make an accusation that someones car was a fake, or that it was well known to be a fraud, that I've have some proof to back it up. IE a link to the discussion, or a document to make my point, or some photographic evidence.

There are plenty of cars that have been misrepresented over the years, but I've never heard this car being mentioned in that group. And you would think that a HEMI Daytona would be a pretty easy car to remember if it was in a discussion as being a fake/re body/fraud or anything of the like manner.

I say that someone has a few tail feathers that got ruffled along the way, and is now lashing out.

hemi68charger

Wow,, who would say she's not original? Like Paul, I guess I missed something............  But, if money's flooding into the market, my '68 Hemi Charger R/T must be worth way more than everyone else is eluding to..  :icon_smile_big:

I love dealers who try to tell me my car's worth beans, but equivalent cars on the showroom floor are worth a lot. Not singling one shop out over another, only the handful of "brokers and dealers" I've talked to about my car.
:scratchchin:

700 G's is a heck of a lot of money........

Good luck on the sale.. In the mean time, there's an awesome car to stare at in the showroom.........

Nuff said........   

Troy,,, the "other" Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

pettybird

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 27, 2008, 08:51:05 PM
Wow,, who would say she's not original? Like Paul, I guess I missed something............  But, if money's flooding into the market, my '68 Hemi Charger R/T must be worth way more than everyone else is eluding to..  :icon_smile_big:

I love dealers who try to tell me my car's worth beans, but equivalent cars on the showroom floor are worth a lot. Not singling one shop out over another, only the handful of "brokers and dealers" I've talked to about my car.

Good luck on the sale.. In the mean time, there's an awesome car to stare at in the showroom.........

Nuff said........   

Troy,,, the "other" Troy

we're asking silly money for that car.  even Joe knows that.  he likes it, so it stays in silly territory.  besides, no one's made more than a half assed offer on the car...we just keep getting told we're overpriced (thanks.)  he tells me that $650 would take it, but I don't think we've been offered more than 150 for it.  if someone stepped up with a few hundred grand i think the tune would change.  I mean, you'd have to start at $425 just to have him break even.  he'd eat his desk before he lost money on that car. 

we're really only selling MINT cars (no relation to The Cure.)  the 'little guy' is gone thanks to the credit crunch.  so yes, put that thing together and you'll find a buyer.  as it is though it'd be a TOUGH sell at any price.  we get people daily who want to bail on their projects but we have no capacity for them.  we only have three body men and we've got like 8-10 project cars ourselves and 4-6 customer cars. 

whatever keeps me employed, you know?

all this silliness aside, who else is as depressed as I am that the driving season is over?  it's killing me.

WINGR

Hey Pettybird, I hear you on the driving season being over.  :'(      Is it Spring yet?

Oh heck let's look on the bright side, it will be here before you know it, right?

Hang in there.

WINGR

nakita7

Wow, arguing over whether a car is worth $699,000 or $350K or whether it's a fake...sorry, couldn't care less, got bigger fish to fry... :rotz:

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettybird on October 27, 2008, 09:19:47 PM

Nuff said........   

Troy,,, the "other" Troy

we're asking silly money for that car.  even Joe knows that.  he likes it, so it stays in silly territory.  besides, no one's made more than a half assed offer on the car...we just keep getting told we're overpriced (thanks.)  he tells me that $650 would take it, but I don't think we've been offered more than 150 for it.  if someone stepped up with a few hundred grand i think the tune would change.  I mean, you'd have to start at $425 just to have him break even.  he'd eat his desk before he lost money on that car. 

we're really only selling MINT cars (no relation to The Cure.)  the 'little guy' is gone thanks to the credit crunch.  so yes, put that thing together and you'll find a buyer.  as it is though it'd be a TOUGH sell at any price.  we get people daily who want to bail on their projects but we have no capacity for them.  we only have three body men and we've got like 8-10 project cars ourselves and 4-6 customer cars. 

all this silliness aside, who else is as depressed as I am that the driving season is over?  it's killing me.

No body man needed for my car... Just your knowledge on putting her all back together........ Now comes the reason I love living in the South... I can continue to drive and tinker in the garage with the door open.....  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

The70RT

I guess if people are making a living working for him then good for them. I can't imagine anyone having over 400K in a car  :laugh:  The real winner would have been the person who would have bought the car for 8K then not restored it and sold it a couple years ago. If you want to just show it off I guess eBay is as good as any. If your a millionair who cares what you get out of it?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Nuff said........   

Troy,,, the "other" Troy

well at least your not racking up miles on the car and can enjoy it for years to come in it's season !

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on October 28, 2008, 09:57:05 AM

Nuff said........   

Troy,,, the "other" Troy

well at least your not racking up miles on the car and can enjoy it for years to come in it's season !

If he's got over 400K in it I don't think it is ever gonna be driven  :-\
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BigBlockSam

QuoteIf he's got over 400K in it I don't think it is ever gonna be driven  Undecided

that's a shame. these  cars where meant to be driven .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

pettybird

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 28, 2008, 05:35:46 AM
Now comes the reason I love living in the South... I can continue to drive and tinker in the garage with the door open.....  :icon_smile_big:

(shakes fist at troy)  you darned kids and your blasted dog!

WINGR it can't come soon enough.  I've gone back to buying HO trains (I've had them since I was a kid) but it's not the same...

I don't like that the cars are that expensive either.  hell when they hit 50 grand people stopped driving them.  IF we reshoot this car it MAY travel another 600 feet.  it's a shame it'll never see the road again. 

so the next smartass comment on the car is that the 274k we're looking at making (difference between what MCG so dutifully reported and our BIN) on the car isn't right, especially since the car is missing its torque boxes (it isn't--don't bother looking) and that it's a rebody due to having a standard setup (which it doesn't.)

ebay RULES!!!

Old Moparz

I never understood the need to email those kind of comments & sarcastic questions like that to a seller on ebay or anywhere. Maybe it's the way some people are raised.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry