News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PA Trip Results in Barn Find

Started by 1FastCharger, October 26, 2008, 11:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FastCharger

My wife and I took a week off of work and went to PA. I wanted her to see the fall colors. We had a great time seeing local sights. While driving down a small two lane road I caught something out of the corner of my eye. I had to turn around to get a second look. Yup, a Road Runner in a barn. I was looking at the car from my car when I saw an old guy leaving the house. I asked if it was his RR. He said it belonged to a fellow down the road and it was NOT FOR SALE!! Ha ha ha...he told me that about 5 times. I told him I already have a RR and asked if I could take a few pics. Here they are.

PS...it is not a Hemi.

66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

BigBlockSam

very, very cool . see there still out there  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

GeneralLeeTESH

Time for a NEW hood....WOW..WHAT a  S H A M E   !!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
The TESH

mikesbbody

Sad to see  :rotz: another candidate for Cody's site.  :'(

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

rt green

third string oil changer

69 rt

Glad to hear you were in my area. I live about 10 min from the location of that car and have observed it for years just sitting there rusting away. Many have tried to buy it but for some reason they will not sell it.

69 rt

PocketThunder

It looks like the last guy who looked at it pulled the tarp back to get the vin number and then forgot to pull the tarp back over the front. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

1FastCharger

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 27, 2008, 08:47:04 AM
It looks like the last guy who looked at it pulled the tarp back to get the vin number and then forgot to pull the tarp back over the front. 

:lol: Yeah...I was waiting for someone to blame that on me. The cover was already like that or I would have never seen the car. I did look at the VIN though....not a J.

Quote from: 69 rt on October 27, 2008, 07:41:50 AM
Glad to hear you were in my area. I live about 10 min from the location of that car and have observed it for years just sitting there rusting away. Many have tried to buy it but for some reason they will not sell it.

69 rt

We visited Altoona where I lived as a kid. We also went to Bedford, Hollidaysburg, Edinburg..etc..

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1FastCharger

1FastCharger

One day we were going to be doing a lot of walking so I did not take my camera - I did not want to carry it. Damned if I didn't see a bunch of cars. One road we were on a guy had a row of 60's Corvettes sitting out. They looked like they were being worked on...not rotting away. I also saw a 70's round butt Road Runner. In Altoona I kept seeing the same charcoal '08 Challenger driving around. That guy must have been having fun just cruising.

jeryst

"Aint fer sale! Gonna fix'er up some day! Saw one just like it on TV go fer $60 grand."

CharcoalCharger

There is a pink '70 Roadrunner sitting under a tarp about 12 minutes from my house (eastern PA).  I stopped back in '93, it wasn't under a tarp then.  It wasn't for sale then, either.  Many have stopped since and it still isn't for sale.  I know the guys granddaughter.  It is a real shame.  It is totally rotting away.  I didn't know any better to look at the VIN in '93 when I stopped, but I heard it is a 318/auto column car.

http://www.carsinbarns.com/Mopars%20In%20Barns/pg132mopar.htm

That is a Dart Sport behind the RR, but that car is long gone.  I don't know if someone bought it or if it was scrapped.

dodgecharger-fan

I was PA this past weekend as well.

No barn finds, but, on Sunday afternoon, I did see a Challenger convertible project car on a trailer headed toward Erie.

I was headed in the other direction so I didn't get a great look. There was no top - or at least it wasn't up. Looked to have panels of a few different colours on the driver's side.

jeryst

PA is full of these cars. I bought a 68 RR a couple of years ago for $2000. Had been sitting under a carport on bare ground for 25 years. When I got it home, I put new plugs, points, and battery in it, threw some gas in the carb, and it fired right up. Completely original 383 AT post car. Sounded fantastic. Didnt smoke. Threw it in gear, and drove it around the lot. Couldnt stop because the braked lines were all rotted off. The topside of the car was pretty nice. Interior was fair. The frame rails, trunk, and floors were almost completely gone. I bought some beautiful frame rails for it, along with some other parts. Then, after about a year, I realized that it was way beyond my abilities, and sold it.

1FastCharger

It was pretty rusty for a Road Runner. Now if had been a Superbird.....

oops....fixed the small type

ericklovescharger

yeah it would have been sweet if it was a superbird even if it was that rusty.

yes i can read that!

1FastCharger

Quote from: ericklovescharger on October 28, 2008, 10:18:39 PM
yeah it would have been sweet if it was a superbird even if it was that rusty.

yes i can read that!

Damn you have good eyes.