News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So... was cleaning up today.... >rant on stupidity<

Started by Rolling_Thunder, October 24, 2008, 04:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

Well....     I was cleaning up my garage today so it doesn't look like a complete war zone...      and it struck me that I used to have a problem picking things and sticking with them...     My garage now houses a 318 poly, 360LA, a 6.1L Hemi, a 512 Stroker, and a 383...    Also houses 3 4-speeds, a 727, a 904, and a TKO...      I have found 4 camshafts not including the ones actually in engines...     one box marked "run time: 5 hours"   :brickwall: 

Guess this is just a late night rant on my own stupidity....     anyone else just have too much crap ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

1969chargerrtse

Sounds like good stuff to me.  I don't have much more than the car in my garage, I'm the opposite that if I'm not using it, bye bye.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

The70RT

I can relate. I would show you a pic of my front garage and basement and other storage areas but I am too embarrassed. Before I moved 15 years ago I got rid of tons of crap. Now that crap would be worth a fortune. Like they say one mans junk is another mans treasure. If anyone is extensively into cars I think most are in the same boat.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

41husk

I feel your pain, I have a rental property basement filled with parts, and it still seems like I have every part except what ever I need at that time :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

rusty lee

sounds familiar I have 3 engines 3 trans and my car is in peices. a box of monaco parts and some stuff I'm not sure of and I find more junk everytime I clean up.

Blown70

Well I have two Chargers.  So I have for some reason 5, 70 Charger fenders?  :shruggy:  I only have one 440 block. but SEVERAL tail lights 69/70 a wood grain Dash for 69, wire harness for what I dont recall.  Door, etc. 

I did purge the shop 3 years ago, and go rid of a bunch of stuff.... only now I collect more. :rotz:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RECHRGD

I can also relate.  Not only do I have a ton of car stuff in the shop, but everything else.  Living out in the boonies, I always buy more hardware, plumbing, electrical, paint, etc., etc. than needed to avoid extra trips to town.  I think I should get one of those pre-built storage buildings for every building or hobby necessity.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

SFRT

for some weird reason I have 5 extra 69 tailights. and 2 complete sets of stock 440 pulleys. othern that, pretty clean.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chad L. Magee

Yep, I have done that too.  I am still moving stuff out of storage units back to my main storage place, after accumulating it during my years at MU.  So far I have two cars, two hoods, ten Charger doors, five K-Members, a set of 70 Charger bumpers (with the attaching supports), and alot of other misc. parts and cr#p to go yet.  Don't get me started on my main parts stash.....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

C500

I wish I had room for all that stuff in my Garage. Hard enough getting 2 cars in there.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

FLG

Hey rolling...anytime you need space ill take that 512 stroker off your hands...heck if you REALLY need the room ill even come there to pick it up. I wont even charge you for pickup... :2thumbs:  :D

TUFCAT

Not me...  :eek2:  I keep no extra stock.   Once I sell a car,  any leftover "stashed away goodies" gets sold on ebay.  Currently, my secret stash contains only 1967 Dodge Coronet (and date coded 1967 parts). Anything else of value was either sold a long time ago, or will be going soon.

My formerly precious "jewels" are found on many other peoples cars!!

I guess I don't like to keep unused parts (.....that could be making money).  Plus, the extra clutter just gets in my way.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

mikesbbody

I dont think you can ever have "too many" spare parts. I made a list the other day and i couldnt believe it!  The list got bigger, and bigger  :lol: everytime i looked around i found more parts.

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

A383Wing

Guilty here also...9 cars...too much crap, and still collecting more...just went and picked up a 1500cc spare engine for the Metropolitan....not sure why, but price was right.

Bryan

The70RT

Here is my front garage 26 X 32. It has just enough room for the ole lady to park in. Behind what you see in the first pic and in the second pic along the back window is a another car in there somewhere (drivers window between the two bikes if you look close)  :eek2:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Bandit72

guilty here too...i just have too many hobbies/projects lol. Between the Charger, The Mud Truck, 3 antique tractors, a handful of Dodge Sweptline Trucks, and my 68 Chevy C-10. I have alot of stuff lol.
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

RD

i can relate too.. though i dont have as much cool stuff.. but i have collected "stuff" that I thought would be stuff I needed (you know those parts that are rare and the minute you get rid of it, you will find a use for it).

i wont go into a list, but its significant enough to not the let the wife know about all of it :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

oldgold69

i can  never run out of parts if anyone wants to get rid of mopar parts they always ask me if  i want it. i can never turn it down . besides my son collects parts all the time.  add it to mine and  only my old cars fit in the garage . my wifes car has'nt the inside of a garage since 85. my wife affectionally calls it my rusty metal collection.