News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Big @ss brakes for the Cuda!

Started by 471_Magnum, October 25, 2008, 05:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

471_Magnum

Thought you guys might want to see my brake install on the 'Cuda. No... it's not a Charger, but this same kit will work on B-bodies as well.

It's a Dr Diff kit that utilizes PBR calipers (Ford Motorsport Cobra) and 13" rotors up front. I had 73-up disc spindles, but I'm pretty sure he has a drum to disc conversion as well.

Rears are 11.7" with Ford calipers.

17" inch or larger wheels are required, although some 16's might fit.

If I had to do it over, I would have just gone with black calipers, but they were on back order. I'll probably repaint them before I'm through.

Before you ask, the answer is $1760 to my door. It includes pretty much everything but the proportioning valve and master cylinder.

It's not exotic, but for the price, it's real good bang for the buck.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Troy

I have the same kit (had it since the 2006 Nats) and it's nice to see what it will actually look like installed. I even have the red calipers too since the stock black ones were back ordered then too. Mine have the pony on the side and I think they were an extra $15. I sold the Barracuda before getting them installed (and it stopped pretty well with the factory discs) but I'll likely put them on the Challenger. I think it's a great deal for the money.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

kamkuda

NYCMille

Yep... same kit I've had on the Charger since 2005, front calipers are also the same as on an 88-96' Vette. Works good - just make sure you get a hydraboost unit.  :2thumbs:

Rolling_Thunder

forgive my ignorance - but does Dr. Diff have a website somewhere?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

471_Magnum

Quote from: NYCMille on October 28, 2008, 11:39:05 AM
Works good - just make sure you get a hydraboost unit.  :2thumbs:

Where'd you get your hydraboost unit, and what did it cost? What master cylinder did you run?
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

471_Magnum

Got the front end on the ground... or dollies anyway. Ride height is jacked way up... and no motor.  I'll lower it down after I get the brake and fuel lines run and rear under it.

My plans to get the rear under it got derailed. Couldn't find any U-bolts in town that were the right size... at least not on a Saturday afternoon. Monday I'll stop by the local spring shop to get some.

vert

Wow, those look nice.  I bought a set of late model Viper front calipers from a buddy.  I was planning to put them on the Barracuda, then saw the price for the caliper adapters and disks.  About the same as your Dr Diff kit.  Except I'd still have to buy rear brakes.  I like the Viper/Brembos, but I may resell and go your way.