News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A little trivia....

Started by Bob, October 27, 2008, 06:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

True scenario....
Transmission swap, (slapstick swap) for Tom.
1971 440 with a 727 attached.
Sold engine to Tom. Kept 727.
Removed my 727 from my 1974, 400.
Installed 1971, 727.

Ok, here it is.....why did I have to remove the 1971, 727 transmission from my 1974 Charger?
And what did I do to correct the problem?

Bob

hemigeno

Were the Torque Converters different between those years (externally balanced)?

:shruggy:

Bob

Quote from: hemigeno on October 27, 2008, 08:00:47 AM

Bingo Hemigeno . Flex plate to torque converter did not line up, internally balanced verses external.

Luckily I only had to tilt it down and swap them. The shift and kick down arms had to be swapped also.

Besides you, there were a couple others I thought would pick up on it right away.
Age increases, memory decreases. :smilielol:

Bob

http://books.google.com/books?id=6JIHWWW5AS8C&pg=PA33&lpg=PA33&dq=mopar+engines+ballancing&source=web&ots=6RYZ-D1RvU&sig=iDbJUPcg648tlX720u5FbromuL0&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=4&ct=result#PPA32,M1

dpm68

QuoteAge increases, memory decreases. smilielol
Oh yeah, I forgot about that...

moparstuart

good thing it didnt bolt up because it could have caused you some serious balancing problems

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Bob

Quote from: moparstuart on October 27, 2008, 09:43:36 AM
good thing it didnt bolt up because it could have caused you some serious balancing problems

:iagree:
Serious is not the word for it.

hemigeno

Quote from: Bob on October 27, 2008, 08:07:35 AM
Quote from: hemigeno on October 27, 2008, 08:00:47 AM

Bingo Hemigeno . Flex plate to torque converter did not line up, internally balanced verses external.

Luckily I only had to tilt it down and swap them. The shift and kick down arms had to be swapped also.

Besides you, there were a couple others I thought would pick up on it right away.
Age increases, memory decreases. :smilielol:

Bob

http://books.google.com/books?id=6JIHWWW5AS8C&pg=PA33&lpg=PA33&dq=mopar+engines+ballancing&source=web&ots=6RYZ-D1RvU&sig=iDbJUPcg648tlX720u5FbromuL0&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=4&ct=result#PPA32,M1

Looks like I guessed right...   :lol:

Glad you didn't tear anything up, Bob!