News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

STOLEN!

Started by Drache, October 24, 2008, 11:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 25, 2008, 08:37:32 PM
Did they roll it as in....end over end etc...or roll it as in...like move it?

Im guessing rolled it as in off the wheels since they were in the car when it went over the embankment according to the eye witnesses.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

squeakfinder

That's weird that what wound up happening was very similar to what one of your fears were.
Damn kids. Whats this world coming to?
Good Luck.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

oldgold69

sorry here about your car . but at least they got the little tick turds. when the time comes sue their pants off . if the courts are any thing like the u s ones . they'll get a slap on the wrist and a don't do it again

Drache

Quote from: oldgold69 on October 25, 2008, 09:59:01 PM
sorry here about your car . but at least they got the little tick turds. when the time comes sue their pants off . if the courts are any thing like the u s ones . they'll get a slap on the wrist and a don't do it again

I dont think suing two 19 year old punks who live at home with their parents and don't even work isn't going to get far....  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

oldgold69

it's the only way you can try and recover some of your loss . a gal with no insurance  totaled my kids chevelle . sued her  she filed bankrupcy i am only getting about 25 cents on the dollar but it will pay for the paint job on the car. i get it $45 at a time

FastbackJon

Sorry to hear of your loss! In Old Testament times the thief would have to pay back double, or four times, or maybe even five times the value of the object stolen depending on what it was. Seems like a good way to go about it. Instead of just punishing the perps, the victim should get reimbursed for it. Too bad you don't get back five of what was taken from you (cars).

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus%2022:1-4;&version=31;
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Drache

Quote from: FastbackJon on October 25, 2008, 10:46:32 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss! In Old Testament times the thief would have to pay back double, or four times, or maybe even five times the value of the object stolen depending on what it was. Seems like a good way to go about it. Instead of just punishing the perps, the victim should get reimbursed for it. Too bad you don't get back five of what was taken from you (cars).

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus%2022:1-4;&version=31;

What the hell would I do with 5 Aspens? I couldn't even sell this one if I wanted to!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bull

Quote from: Drache on October 25, 2008, 10:05:37 PM
Quote from: oldgold69 on October 25, 2008, 09:59:01 PM

I dont think suing two 19 year old punks who live at home with their parents and don't even work isn't going to get far....  :shruggy:

You'll get something, believe me. Most likely they'll be ordered to do some sort of restitution even if you don't sue them, provided they are prosecuted.

RallyeMike

The same thing happened to my pal here with a 73 Charger. He started getting small coins for awhile and then nothing. It was a complete waste of time to get the restitution restarted over and over so he gave up. The courts here in the states wont help you - not sure about your situation up there. I'd ask the parents to pony up for the brats and the kids can pay the parents back. Of course in my pals situation, the parents were as bad as the kids. Go figure !
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Brock Samson

I'm really sorry this happened to your Aspen.
at least you now have some amount of closeure and will get what's left of the car back, and you know the little twerps got snagged up.
quite unlike my friend who's car was stolen by a chop shop last May and turned up completely stripped he never had the satisfaction of knowing who did it and now lives in fear they'll be back for his new one...

BTW: my 300 was sideswipped yesterday, from the rear bumper to the front doors, driver's side, I had to call the cops cause the other driver wouldn't give me any info, finally three cop cars and a paddy wagon all showed up..  :lol: scared the crap out of the dude who actually didn't have any info on him, finally his sister/GF or whatever finally showed up with his wallett... At first he pretended not to speak any english...  :shruggy: he was making a left turn and went into my lane though he had his own perfectly empty lane, as I was on the right..
The Chrysler's not totalled but I'd guestimate 3,500 to 4,000 worth of damage... doors still open and close solidly so it's perfectly drivable..
It's a total pain but noone was injured.

Drache

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 26, 2008, 12:52:15 AM
at least you now have some amount of closeure and will get what's left of the car back, and you know the little twerps got snagged up.
quite unlike my friend who's car was stolen by a chop shop last May and turned up completely stripped he never had the satisfaction of knowing who did it and now lives in fear they'll be back for his new one...

BTW: my 300 was sideswipped yesterday, from the rear bumper to the front doors, driver's side, I had to call the cops cause the other driver wouldn't give me any info, finally three cop cars and a paddy wagon all showed up..  :lol: scared the crap out of the dude who actually didn't have any info on him, finally his sister/GF or whatever finally showed up with his wallett... At first he pretended not to speak any english...  :shruggy: he was making a left turn and went into my lane though he had his own perfectly empty lane, as I was on the right..
The Chrysler's not totalled but I'd guestimate 3,500 to 4,000 worth of damage... doors still open and close solidly so it's perfectly drivable..

Better the 300 than the charger?  :shruggy:

Like I said before the hardest part will be seeing these pricks around town....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Chris

How do you think they got the car started, I was under the impression that the car was not drivable as well? Sorry for your loss bro.

Quote from: Drache on October 26, 2008, 12:58:31 AM
Quote from: Brock Samson on October 26, 2008, 12:52:15 AM

Better the 300 than the charger?  :shruggy:

Like I said before the hardest part will be seeing these pricks around town....

Daytona R/T SE

Drache,

Let the cops do their thing.

Get what ever you can out of them legally.

Shake their hand(s) say it's no big deal-it was just an old junker anyway.

Buy them a beer if you see them around town.

Wait six months to a year.

In the mean time, these guys will mess with someone else's property, cat, dog, sister-whatever... deflecting suspicion away from you.

Extract your pound of flesh from these assholes.

Take your time.

Be creative.

Use tools.

Involve the local wildlife.

Show no mercy.

Good ol' fashioned southern justice.

69charger2002

lol that sounds like a  great idea!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TK73

Seen the car yet, pics of the crime scene??
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Drache

Quote from: Chris on October 26, 2008, 02:33:31 AM
How do you think they got the car started, I was under the impression that the car was not drivable as well? Sorry for your loss bro.

The car only needed a battery. I drove it up to the same day (and a couple times after) I took the insurance off for the winter.

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 26, 2008, 07:12:24 AM
Drache,

Let the cops do their thing.
Get what ever you can out of them legally.
Shake their hand(s) say it's no big deal-it was just an old junker anyway.
Buy them a beer if you see them around town.
Wait six months to a year.
In the mean time, these guys will mess with someone else's property, cat, dog, sister-whatever... deflecting suspicion away from you.
Extract your pound of flesh from these assholes.
Take your time.
Be creative.
Use tools.
Involve the local wildlife.
Show no mercy.
Good ol' fashioned southern justice.

For a second I was going to tell you that Im not Amish and I can't just turn the other cheek!  :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: TK73 on October 26, 2008, 10:06:59 AM
Seen the car yet, pics of the crime scene??

It's only 8:40am here right now. I just woke up because I had trouble sleeping last night and will be leaving to see the car in an hour.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

BigBlockSam

i'm wishing you some luck. that the car isn't as bad as it sounds
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

The70RT

You said you dropped your insurance. Did you have full coverage? I didn't think any one would cover a car that old unless you had classic insurance. My insurer doesn't cover my car left outside unless I am with it.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Drache

Quote from: The70RT on October 26, 2008, 11:25:01 AM
You said you dropped your insurance. Did you have full coverage? I didn't think any one would cover a car that old unless you had classic insurance. My insurer doesn't cover my car left outside unless I am with it.

ICBC will cover a car no matter the age, but I got rid of the insurance for the winter due to the high cost. I am currently in town and I'm just leaving to see the car, I'll post again before I leave for home with the car.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

bmoparmofo

Hope the car is ok,let us know how it turns out.I hope the morons that stole it get what they deserve.
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Drache

Ok I went and seen the car....

It wasn't rolled at all! The Officer told me that they had tried to "light the tires up" on the gravel road and the car was too much and instead launched them down over an embankment and into a stream. There were a few things I won't get a chance to look at closely though until I get home. The grille looks near destroyed although it's still there but every part seems cracked and chipped. There were sticks/tree limbs sticking out of the grille (hope they didn't go through the rad), engine won't start but it turns over, they muddied up the interior, and there are the remains of a deer carcass in the trunk that convservation is picking up before I leave for home. Then there is one of the back tires that are flat and a few other small things such as small dents and scratches.

Now for the funny parts I guess. They had KEYS to my car! Seemed that on one of their many trips to check the car out while I wasn't home they had found a spare key to the car that the previous owner had hidden in one of those magnetic box type things (I didn't even know about this). Also there is what appears to be a brand new battery under the hood which is nice as well as half a tank of gas (when I parked the car I drained the tank).

As for the two punks they are both being charged with grand theft auto it seems which will be nice. I'll try to get some pics of the car when I get home but it doesn't really look that much different.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

RD

so they go to jail, you get a lil damage, a 1/2 tank of gas, and a brand new battery..

sounds like you broke even? hehe j/k.. nail em to the wall.  its easier to give back then once in possession then it is to take away.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Drache

Quote from: RD on October 26, 2008, 02:01:04 PM
so they go to jail, you get a lil damage, a 1/2 tank of gas, and a brand new battery..

sounds like you broke even? hehe j/k.. nail em to the wall.  its easier to give back then once in possession then it is to take away.

The worst part being that grille's for these things are so hard to find and the fact that I need to figure out why the car won't run now (probably due to the engine being underwater)
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire