News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

STOLEN!

Started by Drache, October 24, 2008, 11:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

That has to be heartbreaking!  :'( Hopefully it comes back in one piece.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Daytona R/T SE

My first stop would be the Ex girlfriend's new boyfriend's House :scope:

UFO

Do you have any junkyards nearby?
May have taken it there to get some quick cash.
Hope you get it back.

BB1

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 24, 2008, 05:52:22 PM

Oh god no, keep that under your hat.
Delete my profile

TruckDriver

I posted this up on my forum too for you.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

C500

Man, that really stinks  :icon_smile_angry: :flame: :icon_smile_angry: :flame: :icon_smile_angry:
hope you get her back...and undamaged.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

mikesbbody

Quote from: Kiwi68 on October 24, 2008, 06:40:58 PM
Man, that really stinks  :icon_smile_angry: :flame: :icon_smile_angry: :flame: :icon_smile_angry:
hope you get her back...and undamaged.
I agree it sucks big time! I hate to hear of a DC member being ripped off like that  :flame: if you are lucky maybe the scum who stole it will abandon the car without damage.

C_stripes

Dude,  That sucks. Sorry for your loss.  I'm sure you will find it. 
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Tilar

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 24, 2008, 02:18:31 PM
I don't think "Overhaulin'" steals them like that anymore.

I think Overhaulin only takes running driving machines... So I haven't ever had to worry about them "Restorin" my ride.  :-\
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

The70RT

What about the lock steering and does the trans. linkage lock also? Do you have a set of extra keys somewhere that maybe someone picked up? You would have figured with a trailer and all you would have heard that. I can see maybe pushing it somewhere but with keys to get it away from your property to do the loading. What bastards. I would be telling as many friends & neighbors you can to get the word out if you haven't already.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

CharcoalCharger

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your car.  Hopefully you find your car in one piece, and as for the assholes :fu: that stole it...make sure you let them have it  :spank:   :2guns:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mike DC

Sorry about this.  Sucks beyond belief.

It seems like an odd thing to steal.  It's not chopping material (not like a modern Honda sedan or a domestic fullsize pickup/SUV).  It's not big-time reselling material either. 

I'd look for someone getting personal revenge, and/or trying to turn it over in a hurry for cash.  Probably either scrapped outright or they'll yank the drivetrain and then scrap it.  Either that or just joyride it to death first.

Look for the keys like others have said, on the off-chance that it actually was someone you know or dealt with.  YOU know they probably couldn't have gotten it running at the time, but THEY might not have known that until after they'd swiped the keys and tried to start the car.  Even if they didn't use the keys, it still might turn out to be an indication towards figuring out who did it.  Once they took the keys, they're not exactly gonna just put them back when they discover the car still has to be towed. 

I'd jump on this right now, checking out ANYWHERE within a few dozen miles where they might be able to get quick cash for it.  Junkyards, steel salvage places, known chop-shops, local Mopar buyer/sellers, etc.  It's not a Hemi Roadrunner, but people will still tend to remember just about anything vintage if you speak to them within a few weeks of when they encountered it.

And talk to your neighbors.  The crooks only took the car the night before last, but they might have been casing the place for days beforehand.  Who knows, they might have even sat parked with truck & trailer 3 blocks away for several hours during some other recent night, waiting for a shot at it that they wouldn't get that night. 

Good luck.  Honestly you'll probably get it right back with a fixable amount of damage within a couple of weeks, or else it's utterly hopeless.

Shakey

What a drag!

I predict that the car will be found virtually untouched in the next few weeks and will be back in the hands of the owner with a wild story to add to the history of the car!

Good luck!

Drache

Updates:

Well still no word from the car except for finding some parts of it. We were out searching off and on all night long with handheld spot lights and never seen a thing. This is a town of only a couple hundred people and either no one has seen anything or if they have keeping quiet. Being that we are two hours from the nearest city we went out of the local dump in the off chance that it was dumped there (it's about an hour farther outside of town away from the city). This is where I happened to find the original aircleaner (I swapped to a chrome one), a spare wooden steering wheel, beauty rings, etc. All of this stuff was inside the car. By this time my heart has sunk to the bottom of my stomach. But the car is nowhere to be seen. There were tire tracks that look like someone was doing doughnuts in the gravel lot but I have no idea if those are from my car or not.

I just dont want someone to find the car next year during hunting season pushed off a cliff or burned to a crisp. I'd rather have the car whole in one piece in someone's hands being used that destroyed and forgotten.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

C_stripes

If there is anything I can do to help, Let me know.  I know where there is a 77 Road runner in Southern Idaho just sitting there. If you want, I will see if I can get it. that's a real bummer dude.   I never had a car stolen, but. I did have someone steel the J heads and Edelbrock carb and intake off of my 72 swinger when I was 18. It hurt real bad. Go out to start it and it doesn't even crank. Lift the hood and the top end is gone. Never found the parts.  Good luck though. I hope you can find it.  I know you didn't have insurance on the car, but see if home owners insurance will help you out at all. 

Jeremy
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

bmoparmofo

Sorry to hear it,hopefully youll get it back in one piece.It sounds like someone is joyriding it perhaps?That totally sucks.Good luck,keep the hunt up!
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

timmy

sorry to hear that hope u can get it back and find out who did it so u can kick their a$$

bordin34

Here is my theory as to why it was stolen, unless the person had a personal vendetta against you.
Some thieves were watching Barrett Jackson last week and saw some old mopar go for big buck.
One thief goes to the other one and says, "Hey, I know where we can get one of those. I bet we could sell it for big bucks just like that one on the television machine."
The other thief says, "Wow what a great idea, les go steal it, cuz thats what us thief type idiots do."
So they go case your house for a couple nights and find out about what you routine is and where car is parked. They may have even tried to start the car a previous night and realized that it didn't Therefore, they went back to their safehouse and got their trailer.
Then, the night it was stolen, they quietly wheel the trailer to the street corner or end of the driveway. Sneaking up, they swiftly pull of the lock cylinder and put the car in neutral, successfully allowing them to wheel it to the trailer.
The next day they go through the car a bit and find some "junk" in it which they dispose of because they don't wanna get caught. To avoid being seen disposing of the "junk" they quickly go into and out of dump at a fast pace. Meanwhile, they are keeping the car hidden at their safehouse and are going to wait a couple weeks before posting it for sale, or move it into a different province and sell it to an unsuspecting victim. The End

Hopefully, they will be dumb enough to list it on craigslist. I just searched every Canadian craiglist for Dodge Aspen and Plymouth Volare and couldn't find it. Good Luck.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Old Moparz

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 24, 2008, 05:52:22 PM

That was my first thought too, especially since there can't be a huge demand for Aspen parts. No offense on the Aspen, but that's the reality of it.

I'd be looking into whoever knew about the car that wasn't still a friend. Then you may also take a second look at who your friends are.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Drache

I got a phone call 10 minutes ago from the RCMP stating that my car was reported seen by a couple hunters. It seems someone had taken the car for nothing but joy riding on the gravel roads out here where, as the hunters stated, went off the road and rolled the car down an embankment. Two local guys (kids really) are currently in custody and ID'd by the hunters as the ones who climbed up the embankment, they have also admitted to stealing my car because they wanted something "fun to drive like the dukes of hazzard on the back roads". I leave in the morning with a trailer to go see what is left of the car which sadly did not have any insurance on it since it was parked for the winter. I don't know what to think of all this shit!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

chgr500

Quote from: Drache on October 25, 2008, 07:42:39 PM
I got a phone call 10 minutes ago from the RCMP stating that my car was reported seen by a couple hunters. It seems someone had taken the car for nothing but joy riding on the gravel roads out here where, as the hunters stated, went off the road and rolled the car down an embankment. Two local guys (kids really) are currently in custody and ID'd by the hunters as the ones who climbed up the embankment, they have also admitted to stealing my car because they wanted something "fun to drive like the dukes of hazzard on the back roads". I leave in the morning with a trailer to go see what is left of the car which sadly did not have any insurance on it since it was parked for the winter. I don't know what to think of all this shit!

Sounds like you're going to be going to small claims court to sue someone...at least they caught them...sorry to hear of your loss...

Mike DC

Man that really sucks.  Really does.  

At least you have an answer about where it is.  It beats spending the next six months with the car in the back of your mind every day, still wondering if might just catch sight of it at the next intersection.

And at least the authorities have got the bastards in custody for doing it.  You've got concrete names and faces on the crime, if nothing else.  

(It really makes you wish you could get the whole thing "settled out of court" with them, doesn't it?  Argh!  As Marcellus Wallace said, "I'm gonna get a couple of hard pipe-hittin niggas to go to work on the holmes here, with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.")

------------------------------------------------------

As for the car, good luck with it.  Sounds as if it's likely totalled though.  It doesn't take much monetary damage to "total" one of those cars unfortunately.  

It's unlikely that you'd really lose the meat of the drivetrain even in a bad roll.  Motor, tranny, leafs, front spindle/brake setups, maybe the axle/diff stuff, etc.  If the body is toast then I'd look for another body and swap the heart of this car into it.

Drache

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 25, 2008, 08:00:17 PM

Man that really sucks.  Really does.  

At least you have an answer about where it is.  It beats spending the next six months with the car in the back of your mind every day, still wondering if might just catch sight of it at the next intersection.

And at least the authorities have got the bastards in custody for doing it.  You've got concrete names and faces on the crime, if nothing else.  

(It really makes you wish you could get the whole thing "settled out of court" with them, doesn't it?  Argh!  As Marcellus Wallace said, "I'm gonna get a couple of hard pipe-hittin niggas to go to work on the holmes here, with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.")

------------------------------------------------------

As for the car, good luck with it.  Sounds as if it's likely totalled though.  It doesn't take much monetary damage to "total" one of those cars unfortunately.  

It's unlikely that you'd really lose the meat of the drivetrain even in a bad roll.  Motor, tranny, leafs, front spindle/brake setups, maybe the axle/diff stuff, etc.  If the body is toast then I'd look for another body and swap the heart of this car into it.

There is nothing more I would like than to get my hands on them! Stupid thing is I'll have the chance since they are local boys (both are 19) and both live with their parents here in town. I know they will be released on bail and I'll be seeing them around town, the hard part will be to keep my hands off them.

"Bury them in the hills outside Terlingua?"  :shruggy:

As for the car, I already had a line on a '77 Aspen for $500. The reason I never picked it up before was because it has no drivetrain, no interior, etc. The kid had stripped the /6 and interior to start building a drag car and just gave up. The sad part was though that my Aspen was rust free and this one is not.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bronzeT5

Did they roll it as in....end over end etc...or roll it as in...like move it?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic