News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vacum lines under 71 charger se dash

Started by davidlclassic, October 22, 2008, 08:51:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlclassic

Does anyone have a picture or can anyone tell me how the vacum lines run under the dash on a 71 charger se. I though I had them right but now I've found an extra red striped vacum hose on top of the heater box. Any help will be appreciated.
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.

histoy

Our '71 Charger SE has air conditioning.  There is an actuator to the upper left hand side of the glove compartment.  It has 2 hoses.  The rear hose (coming straight into the back) has a white stripe.  The front hose (located between the actuator and the heater box) has a red stripe. 

davidlclassic

Thats correct :yesnod: But yesterday evening I was working on the actuator and noticed a shorter red striped hose on top of the heater box, I can't remember where it goes :shruggy: My 71 also has a/c.
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.

4aThrill

something like this ? I got before pics but no after pics of restoring the heater box

davidlclassic

Your exactly right 4athrill  :yesnod: Thanks for the pictures. I think I can get everything back together now. I will probably have to drop the heater box back down to hook the rod on the actuator back up. Thanks guys for all the info.
Boyz Under The Hood Inc.

4aThrill

Quote from: davidlclassic on October 23, 2008, 09:45:08 AM
Your exactly right 4athrill  :yesnod: Thanks for the pictures. I think I can get everything back together now. I will probably have to drop the heater box back down to hook the rod on the actuator back up. Thanks guys for all the info.

if you get stuck again I took plenty of pics taken the heater box apart.  :2thumbs: