News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tail Panel Paint Black Out 69

Started by chicken-deluxe, October 26, 2008, 07:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicken-deluxe

Probobly a common thread, but I need to ask.    How far does the blackout extend on the panel?    Should there be body color out side the Chrome trim mouldings?

I know there was a schematic, but I can't find it.   Thanks

six-tee-nine

I knew I already downoaded it from somewhere..........

Anyway it's not very bright but I hope you can do something with it....

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Mike DC

A couple things:

--  The factory "organisol" black paint was about as flat as it gets from all the original cars I've ever seen.  Not semigloss, not even satin, but truly flat black.  So flat that the surface of the finish was a little rougher than the body paint.  (Of course, if we're really trying to look factory original, the body paint itself probably shouldn't even be 100% glossed either . . . )

--  It doesn't matter too much about the upper boundaries of the black borders.  They'll be covered by chrome trim and body-colored corner caps either way. 

--  The black DOES extend all the way down.  There should be no body-colored paint visible between the bottom of the taillights and the top of the chrome bumper.  The black area includes the horizontal lip of sheetmetal sticking out just below/behind the top edge of the bumper.

--  On the chromed corner trim pieces, there's a small flat sliver of chromed surface that DID get black paint on it.  Look at the pieces and it should be obvious what I'm talking about (at least if the replating job didn't round-off the original crisp edges on the part too much).

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: six-tee-nine on October 26, 2008, 07:46:19 AM
I knew I already downoaded it from somewhere..........

Anyway it's not very bright but I hope you can do something with it....

I have it on my site....
Scroll down....
http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/exterior.html

Chris' '69 Charger R/T