News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Innovative Auto Design- Can I trust them?

Started by Avantgarde, October 21, 2008, 09:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avantgarde

Innovative Auto Design- Can I trust them?

Hello

I have ordered a 68 426Hemi charger from Innovative Auto Design in indiana. www.innovativeautodesign.com I,m moving from Norway to Florida in january and wil have the car shipped dere.
It now turns out that thay want full payment before start building. A wire transfer from norway. Can I trust this? Will I get my car? It is a lot of hard-earned money involved here...

is it annyone here that has had any thing to do with this company?
i have been told that anyone that asks for a wire transfer is up to no good.

Thanks for any respond

mvh
Åsmund

moparstuart

I know nothing about them but sounds really scary paying up front to have a car build that you are not there to personally over see.  :Twocents: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

Quotesounds really scary paying up front

:yesnod:  i wouldn't do that
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

First, I would never pay in full up front. Second, you need to find someone there in Indiana to help you through this. Maybe someone would, for a small fee, oversee the build for you.  I would never charge anyone in full up front to build their car here at my shop. I require the cost of the car, parts and materials up front and then bill for the labor as the build progresses. I also provide weekly pics along with a detailed list of work performed and total hours. In my opinion this is the honest way to do work and they shouldn't have a problem with that. What's to keep them from shoving your car in the corner once they get another job in. And, what if they were to close up altogether. There would be no hope of ever getting your money back.
Good luck. Hope everything works out for you.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 21, 2008, 10:18:52 AM
First, I would never pay in full up front. Second, you need to find someone there in Indiana to help you through this. Maybe someone would, for a small fee, oversee the build for you.  I would never charge anyone in full up front to build their car here at my shop. I require the cost of the car, parts and materials up front and then bill for the labor as the build progresses. I also provide weekly pics along with a detailed list of work performed and total hours. In my opinion this is the honest way to do work and they shouldn't have a problem with that. What's to keep them from shoving your car in the corner once they get another job in. And, what if they were to close up altogether. There would be no hope of ever getting your money back.
Good luck. Hope everything works out for you.
great point  in this economy a shop could close up in a heart beat

69*F5*SE

They wouldn't get my money IN FULL up front.  :Twocents:  Ted

Mike DC

There are only a few shops in the country of this type that can make demands of all the money up front.  The shop you're talking about is not one of them. 

They may be honest or they may not, I don't know them.  But this is not a money demand that most customers here in the states would agree to.

v21hemicharger

This being your first post has me a little curious.  That being said, I would never give my money away to an internet site.  If you look at the site, there is no mention of any name associated with this company.  You have no way to check any reference of the type of work they do, all of the pics could have come from the net.  My suggestion is to move to Florida and start your search.

ac_knight

I have seen this guy on EBAY before selling his service for redoing a General.  I e-mailed him and he was willing to do a restore on my charger for $9000.00.  That was for stripping the paint, doing all the body work, buying  all the sheet metal, repainting it, upgrading the suspension, replacing the entire interior, and rebuilding the engine and tranny.  I tried to find out more information on them, I am a cop after all, and no one knew of them.  I wasnt willing to drive the 2 hours away just to find out if this guy was for real or not, the price sounded really low, and I was really skeptical about it.  Others I have talked to about what he was going to do for me wanted way more, like 5 to 6 thousand dollars more.  It sounded to good to be true, and he wanted money up front, so I decided against it.  The money up front thing made my spidey sense tingle, so I chose not to.  Just my  :Twocents:

SFRT

all these lo-buck unknown 'gen lee' builders are scammers.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ac_knight

Hello AC,

Thank you for your email.  I must say, that is a beautiful car even in its older condition.  As for the rebuild, are you wanting the engine, suspension, etc in the car built as well?  Just let me know.  Below is how some things could pan out:

If you need just the exterior and interior restored:
Approximately $6,500.

For a more complete restore:
New suspension set-up, engine rebuild, full exterior restore, all new interior,
Approximately $9,500.  This is probably by far the cheapest you will find for this kind of work.  Most places would charge near that for just the body work and paint.

Just let me know what you think and hopefully we can work something out.  We look forward to getting started on your car so that you can have it back by summer.  Thanks much.

Andrew Lee
Marketing/Sales/Customer Relations
Tuner Dynamics
Terre Haute, IN
E-mail: Andrewr1703@yahoo.com

This is his first response.  As you see he was formerly known as Tuner Dynamics, and he was right he was by far the cheapest.  I was always told you get what you pay for when it comes to auto restoration.

SFRT

look man I just re-did my car and the prices he qouted you wont even cover all the parts let alone labor and paint and so on.

theres just no way.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Khyron

ummm, bad news, quick google search...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/301/RipOff0301572.htm

On E-Bay I won a new 350 motor from Tunerdynamics. After almost 2 months of back and forth e-mails, phone calls and lies they shipped my motor 169 miles in the rain partially covered with bubble wrap.

Upon inspecting the motor we found that it had a used cracked, painted intake manifold and to see a crack in a manifold it had to be big. It had a used distributer and cap and several other parts missing according to the picture represented on E-Bay.

I refused the engine and sent it back. I had a phone conversation with them and told them I wanted my money back because I could not trust them. They said they would change the manifold and ship it back, or, give me half of my $1,800.00. I said that is not how business is done and hung up.

On December 10, 2007 I received a certified letter saying, 'we are going to offer in good faith half of your $1,800.00 purchase and/or gave me 30 days to arrange pick up or delivery of the engine on my own.

As of this date I still sit here without my money or my motor. These guys are plain and simple thieves (my opinion). They are still operating and selling items on E-Bay after me complaining twice.

Earl
VALPARAISO, Indiana
U.S.A.

also

http://tuner-dynamics.pissedconsumer.com/
http://www.businessreporter.net/print.php?art_id=376
http://reviews.ebay.com/STEER-CLEAR-OF-TUNER-DYNAMICS_W0QQugidZ10000000006362607
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/330/RipOff0330209.htm

this is why they changed their names from Tuner Dynamics to Innovative Auto Design

I think your screwed.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Avantgarde

Quote from: v21hemicharger on October 21, 2008, 12:33:49 PM
This being your first post has me a little curious.  That being said, I would never give my money away to an internet site.  If you look at the site, there is no mention of any name associated with this company.  You have no way to check any reference of the type of work they do, all of the pics could have come from the net.  My suggestion is to move to Florida and start your search.

Yes, this is my first post her. Im from Norway and have purchase all my other amcars here. 66 mustang and 70 dodge charger.
This is my first over seas car.
I askede if thay were the old Tuner dynamics. He said they was another company that had taken over the workshop from tuner... best not to go thru with this deal i think....

CB

wow, buying a car this way isn't a good start.
Living overseas is a big disadvantage. As some stated before, you can't inspect the project car and can't follow up the build.
About wiring money, the transaction itself is a safe method ( done this many times) but paying up front is a no-no
Just my  :Twocents:
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

moparstuart

Quote from: Avantgarde on October 21, 2008, 02:41:27 PM
Quote from: v21hemicharger on October 21, 2008, 12:33:49 PM

Yes, this is my first post her. Im from Norway and have purchase all my other amcars here. 66 mustang and 70 dodge charger.
This is my first over seas car.
I askede if thay were the old Tuner dynamics. He said they was another company that had taken over the workshop from tuner... best not to go thru with this deal i think....
wait untill you move here and buy a completed car or buy a project and over see it your self   :Twocents:

suntech

Hey Åsmund! where in Florida do you move?
Must be many opportunities when you first get over there, and i would NOT get a "package " deal from a place, without having FULL control of what kind of parts that would be used, and then i mean all parts, from engine to bodyparts, glass etc. There are so many things that can do the difference in quality, still sounding like the same thing.
A crate 426 hemi is far from a well proffesionally built one, with good parts. !!!
BTW you got a PM!!  ;)
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on October 21, 2008, 03:04:31 PM

wait untill you move here and buy a completed car or buy a project and over see it your self   :Twocents:

That's exactly what I was thinking since you stated that you are moving here.

No offense, but why on earth is there a need to start the project now? It makes no sense to me to rush into an expensive transaction like that, especially from a location that makes it nearly impossible to check up on whatever progress is made.

Full payment up front for a service? There is absolutely no way would never happen with me.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

NMike

i'd stay away from ANY business that had #1- a Yahoo EAmail addy, #2- Andrew1703 for the userame. doesn't even have the balls to use his real name in a business email.

Marck

Quote from: NMike on October 22, 2008, 01:35:06 PM
i'd stay away from ANY business that had #1- a Yahoo EAmail addy, #2- Andrew1703 for the userame. doesn't even have the balls to use his real name in a business email.

Exactly what I thought...

No way are they legit when they use an emailadress like that..

Wait untill you're settled in Florida and begin your search then, or if you simply can't wait, get a company recommended by members of this site.. Everything else is IMO more than likely just money out the window..

Good luck with your project..  :2thumbs: