News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

THis site looks much like cuda-challenger now.

Started by G-man, October 21, 2008, 02:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Chris G.

Quote from: G-man on October 21, 2008, 02:48:00 AM
:slap:  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Maybe you should ask Troy for your money back that you gave him to help pay the bills for the site? :shruggy:

Magnumcharger

Still, I'd love to see a dedicated folder for pictures???  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

G-man

Quote from: Chris G. on October 21, 2008, 04:24:34 AM

Maybe you should ask Troy for your money back that you gave him to help pay the bills for the site? :shruggy:

Didnt say its bad to look like that :nono: I always thought Cuda-challenger was layed out better. Was just saying it looks like that now and it supprised me cause i went from cuda-challenger to dodgecharger and the colours stayed the same so i thought maybe my comp stuffed up, then realised it was actualy changed here not my pc.

oldcarnut

Quote from: Chris G. on October 21, 2008, 04:24:34 AM

Glad you brought that up.  For a sincere question from me, is there a place we can donate to for help in sponsoring the site?  I've sent a few dollars to other sites and looked but haven't found anything about it for here  :scratchchin:.  Where else can you find an abundance of free help and years of experience from other members than on boards like this one and others.  I've already been helped out with info. that has saved me quite a few dollars  :2thumbs:  I realize the mods and others volunteer a lot of their time to keep this up and going but I'm sure it costs $$$$ to maintain it.  Anyway didn't mean to break off from the topic but it looked like a good time to ask.  I have no problem sending, just need to know where. David

CB

David, I do remember Troy mentioning that he won't accept donations.
CB

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,47249.msg516086.html#msg516086

Quote from: Troy on 09 August 2008, 15:30:57
QuoteWhy is it that so many people think they are special? Why should companies be expected to treat you differently than everyone else? What if 440Source took this return and everyone knew about it? There would be hundreds of people mad when their returns are refused because "that one guy" was allowed to do it. Why was he so special? *IF* a company bends the rules they are doing that particular customer a favor but this should not be expected. I hate it when people think I "owe" them something (one of the primary reasons for not taking donations for this site). I see this all the time in retail where a person will ask for a discount and then leave if they can't get one (or get mad if they do get one and it isn't as big as they think they deserve). Hundreds - if not thousands - of other people feel the price is fair and gladly pay it so why should any individual be able to bully ownership to get what they want (especially if it makes no sense financially)?
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Troy

It looks like about 100,000 other sites too. That's why they call it a "template". ;) In the beginning, Cuda-Challenger.com looked a lot like us but they were forced to update a lot sooner. Honestly, there isn't a lot of difference other than color and more of the buttons are rounded. It will change again.

I've been thinking about donations but there's nothing formal in place yet.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

Quote from: Troy on October 21, 2008, 09:43:18 AM
It looks like about 100,000 other sites too. That's why they call it a "template". ;) In the beginning, Cuda-Challenger.com looked a lot like us but they were forced to update a lot sooner. Honestly, there isn't a lot of difference other than color and more of the buttons are rounded. It will change again.

Troy

I would donate also , thanks again for all your hard work troy

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

G-man

Troy

Why does it have to get updated/changed?

Cant it just stay the same? *scratches head*

Dodge Don

Troy

No lobbying or special interest groups  :eek2:

Ghoste

Aren't those forces at work whether they pay for it or not?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: G-man on October 21, 2008, 06:43:48 PM
Why does it have to get updated/changed?

Cant it just stay the same? *scratches head*
Because like time, progress stands still for no man. :icon_smile_tongue:

Or if that's too complicated; "Why as why? Drink Bud Dry". :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

What about those who tried Bud Dry and went back quickly to their former beer?

G-man