News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

top of quarters

Started by chargerscott, October 16, 2008, 09:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerscott

the top of the quarters that connect to the roof of the car has had rust and it ate thru might be a one inch gap (on both sides) how would you fix it? i was using bondo but started looking at Body Solder from eastwood. :brickwall:

69*F5*SE

chargerscott

this is a pic after i but bondo in. one friend told me just work the spot until it's done, another said cover that side and top and just feather it in (like drywall). i don't know what to do.

69*F5*SE

If there's a hole in the metal it should probably be patched with metal don't you think?

chargerscott

should i solder it? it looks pretty easy? i have a hole about the size of a dime on the top too.

69*F5*SE

If it were me, I'd remove the bondo and any rust and patch the hole by welding in new metal first.  :Twocents:

chargerscott

does anyone make tat part or do i have to find donar metal?

69*F5*SE

Donor metal should work fine. It's small so it won't take much.

chargerscott

how thick would you guess the metal is? i have blue steel at work i could bend over the area cut down and tack in place.

69*F5*SE

I don't know about the blue steel but an ordinary piece of sheet steel will suffice.

Silver R/T

Quote from: chargerscott on October 16, 2008, 09:03:07 PM
the top of the quarters that connect to the roof of the car has had rust and it ate thru might be a one inch gap (on both sides) how would you fix it? i was using bondo but started looking at Body Solder from eastwood. :brickwall:

you dont bondo over rust, you need to cut out/sandblast rust and then weld in patch panel and go from there
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69*F5*SE