News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jimmy's 20th BBQ Picnic Car Show Pics:

Started by Brock Samson, October 18, 2008, 12:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

only the Mopars this time since you don't seem to care for the other brands...  :shruggy:

your soundtrack Candy - 1968.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__gp8sX6Sv4

Brock Samson

and so we set off to the Picnic, a little late we had trouble finding a good spot but Frank SFRT had got there early and we squeezed in next to his R/T.  :cheers:

Brock Samson

and it was a great day!

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

this is Stu's RR he's the MPM (Mid Penninsula Musclecar Club Pres.) the pics don't do the paint justice.

Brock Samson

:

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

yep we had the blue angels for the air show, sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers and jimmy's birthday cake. a great day!

Brock Samson

oh,..  and Frank got to debut his Scow, 8 hrs. after completion.

The70RT

Great pics Brock  :2thumbs: that isn't Stuarts runner. His has a black vinyl top.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

the picnic is always fun and easy to attend its only 1/2 mile from my house! all the local cars you never see come out its fun. ni pix of the corp blue cuda survivor?
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chris G.

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 18, 2008, 12:54:52 PM
this is Stew's RR he's the MPM (Mid Penninsula Musclecar Club Pres.) the pics don't do the paint justice.  :shruggy:

Actually the car above the orange one is Stu's (Flames on hood).

Nice pics Brocky, but as usual you song/video selection is borderline serial killer-ish.  :2thumbs:

The70RT

Quote from: Chris G. on October 18, 2008, 01:47:06 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on October 18, 2008, 12:54:52 PM
this is Stew's RR he's the MPM (Mid Penninsula Musclecar Club Pres.) the pics don't do the paint justice.  :shruggy:

Actually the car above the orange one is Stu's (Flames on hood).

Nice pics Brocky, but as usual you song/video selection is borderline serial killer-ish.  :2thumbs:

Sorry wrong Stu. I was thinking Stuart with the Birdable.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

yeah, see above...
i didn't git the awesome petty blue plymouth but i only saw about a 20% of the cars and took pics of less then 10% i have more though, in particular a sweeeeet '71 super bee i'll post pics of later as i have a lunch date in an hour...   :icon_smile_wink:

serial killer?..  :scratchchin:

FlatbackFanatic

Great pics! Lots of nice rides! Looks like another beautiful day in Cali. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Back N Black

Quote from: SFRT on October 18, 2008, 01:41:48 PM
the picnic is always fun and easy to attend its only 1/2 mile from my house! all the local cars you never see come out its fun. ni pix of the corp blue cuda survivor?

Car looks good! Love the flat black. :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

ok i wanted to share this awesome '71...  :drool5:

:METAL:  :no:     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xnPOwZEe2o

Jeeeze, Can't any metal bands do a decent cover of this old saw?..    :shruggy:

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Fri is the owner's name... his dad gave him the Charger and after his pop passed on, Fri decided to restore it and do it justice..
interesting details like the tranny which is actually now a Kessler five speed made to look like the original manual three speed, the hood stripe that has an extra pinstripe and the cloth two tone int.
lots of really neat details on this car.  :yesnod:

Brock Samson

it's also a stripe delete car. he's got his stereo hooked to an I-pod,  :scratchchin: whatever that is?..  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

he's on superbee.com should you care to see more of this Charger...

Brock Samson

Manfred318

Cool pix Brock  :2thumbs: Nice song choices BTW :yesnod: The Ride of the Valkyries cover was pretty cool indeed.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

BMOTOXSTAR

Wow, who is Jimmy? :shruggy:, 20 years he has been doing the show....wow. :2thumbs:
I like his Thrasher hat. :D
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Magnumcharger

You Californication guys make me sick!  :flame:(with jealousy)
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

SFRT

Jimmy was the head gardener for Golden Gate Park for like 40 years, he just retired. LOng time old car nut, he used his sweet perfect late 40's pickup as his work truck all those years. Super nice dude. Once he got to be top dog at the Park he started his annual picnic/bbq car get together. Theres a long tradition of cruising cars at Ocean Beach, at the end of the Park since probably the 1920's. These days, of course, its mostly ricers and tuners, but I did take the Charger down there 2 nights ago and zapped em with the siren, man, zapped em with the siren ( open headers) a few times. lol.

Golden gate Park is flanked by 2 'old time' san francisco nieghborhoods that are pretty much yuppie-free..The Sunset and The Richmond ( I live in the Richmond) and I would say 80% of the 'cool cars' in town are stashed in these 2 nieghborhoods...as theres a lot of mutli-generational family owned homes with garages, unlike the rest of San Francisco...for example, within a 1/2 radius of my house there are these cars I know for sure:

2 69 Chargers mine and a bombed out yellow and white one)
1 hopped up 62 falcon
1 crazy hopped up primered 69 Satellite-belongs to some crazy greybeard black dude, old street racer..he never talks to anyone but he's always outside his place working on the car
at least 20 mid to late 1950's/early 60's gigantic 4 door cars-all belong to one3 nut, he parks them all over the place and rotates em all
1 1973 challenger
1 cherry assed 1970 barracuda
1 1954 corvette
several 60's Camaros
a couple of 60's Vettes
1 hemi super bee ( real)
1 hemi super bee (clone)
1 hemi GTX (69)-real
1 67 or 66 Charger witha  Hemi-rotting in adriveway for 15 years now-I occasionally try to buy the engine-no dice
1 69 superbee 383 black hood car
1 late 60's Maserati
2 or 3 Pontiac firebirds
a cherry Pinzgauer
1 1971 superbee
several drag-dedicated cars
a super nice green 442
an insane keith balck engined pimped out 69 Nova
some 70's vettes
several Chevellles
1 super nice 67 or 66 Malibu
a mint 1962 cadillac that belongs to a dude at the tire place on geary

and a ton of stuff I am prolly forgetting. most of these cars run and you will see them around...pretty good cosnidering we are talking a a fairly small area of a major city.

they all hit the picnic.

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BMOTOXSTAR

Wow,
   That is really cool. Thanks for sharing the history of Jimmy. That is really awesome that he has the show for everone. :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT