News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do I find a car in Galiens registery

Started by 1badbee, October 17, 2008, 08:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badbee

Hello all here, i was woundering if anyone here had some info or a link that could lead me to the cars registered in Gailens registery??
Im trying to check out on a car..
Could you PM me here or e-mail me at doogie772007@yahoo.com
Thank you for your time

Troy

The information in that registry is not publicly viewable. You'll need to contact Galen directly.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on October 17, 2008, 11:06:40 AM
Have your credit card ready.  :icon_smile_wink:
yeah sad thing is he goes around gathering info off your car with out even asking , then chargers people for that info

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Chad L. Magee

Also, be prepared for a long wait on the information after it is requested.  I asked him about something (that I was willing to pay for) and it has been about four years without contacting me back......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: moparstuart on October 17, 2008, 11:10:25 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on October 17, 2008, 11:06:40 AM
Have your credit card ready.  :icon_smile_wink:
yeah sad thing is he goes around gathering info off your car with out even asking , then chargers people for that info

ummmm ya - he's an asshole.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

69_500

Easiest way to find out information on a car in Galen's registry is to contact him through his GTS company. Now there are also other people around with various registries that could possibly give you some information on cars, depending on the year make and model.

quapman

Yeah, it's referred to as "Galen's Registry" because it is being compiled BY Gay Len, FOR Gay Len. The best part is that the registrants get to pay to be in it, but have no access after that. Nice way to do business.

There are some online registries with free access and some very nice members & site administrators.

This is all I will say so that this thread doesn't get locked up like Grant's tomb.

Steve

472 R/T SE

Tell him you own a '68 Coronet 440 that has a "J" in the VIN and has a motor with valve covers that the plug wires go into...and it's an automatic.

That'll get his attention.  If you want to talk to him leave your number and if he asks your name, tell him it's Alex Campadonia.  I can almost guarantee you'll hear from him.   :smilielol:

charge-it

Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

69_500

Its Galen Govier, and he lives in Wisconsin I believe.

quapman

Isn't Grover Elmo's uncle?

Who's Galen the Grouch?

Can I flip him the Big Bird?

69bronzeT5

Here's the truth...plain and simple. He'll basically ignore people with 318 Chargers but when Brandon got his '69 Hemi R/T, Galen rushed over to check it out.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bzabodyn

Yeah, I'll come on here and attest to that... BUT kinda like a secret society, once you're in... you're in...

He's talked directly to me every time I've called and asked questions about my car and other prospective cars I've looked at buying the last year or so without ever asking for a penny... funny thing though, I've paid him very little overall because we have one thing in common - we both got screwed by American Classic Cars!  I found out over the summer that the check that Craig Wood wrote him when he came down last winter ended up getting sent back insufficient and they never collected for Galen's fees so I basically got a free inspection done (Craig at least paid the flight/hotel with a CC so Galen really wasn't out of pocket anything but his time)...

Kinda funny... and even so Galen and Diane have been very accomodating to me and I'll continue to use his services and knowledge in the future...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

FJMG

I'll ditto Bzabodyn, I have inquired, enlisted and paid for services offered by GTS, during which he went beyond the call of duty. I still pick his brain on occasion and he has not asked for remuneration for those times. I will definitely continue use his services.
   Secret society, Hmmm I'll have to ask him if I'm in or not.

moparstuart

Quote from: FJMG on December 09, 2008, 11:58:23 PM
   I'll ditto Bzabodyn, I have inquired, enlisted and paid for services offered by GTS, during which he went beyond the call of duty. I still pick his brain on occasion and he has not asked for remuneration for those times. I will definitely continue use his services.
Yes but thats just the point , you both have rare HEMI cars.  Us pee-on get the two year waiting list if helped at all !!    :Twocents: :Twocents: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Blown70

As far as I am concerned there are several others in the hobby that either know as much or MORE than HE.   You also dont have to call 12 times to get the info or delievery of what you ask, esp. when paid for.

he is a PRICK.  Just my opinion.  From EXPERICENCE

Tom

Challenger340

Galen Govier did OK by me.
Sent him my Challengers serial #, stencilling from underhood Plates, copy of Broadcast sheet, Pictures/Kodaks of car/Engine dated from 1972.

Took awhile, but got back EVERYTHING, I could have EVER, have wanted to know about a my 1972 340 Challenger.

NOT a particularily "desireable Car" on it's best day being a "72", he was even able to point out the Challenger as being a Very Early production '72 model, almost like the Mopar Guys weren't quite sure what a "72" got, hence alot of "71" pieces & parts, mirrors, etc.
Even got Forged Steel Crank, weird duck as those were 1971 pieces. Was supposed to be "Cast" as 1972 model.

He's OLD, and SLOW, but I found him VERY knowledgeable and thorough.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Sublime/Sixpack

He did okay by me as well. No complaints here, the work was timely, and the products purchased were of good quality.  :Twocents:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: moparstuart on December 11, 2008, 01:43:06 PM
Quote from: FJMG on December 09, 2008, 11:58:23 PM
Yes but thats just the point , you both have rare HEMI cars.  Us pee-on get the two year waiting list if helped at all !!    :Twocents: :Twocents: 

The information that I was seeking from GG was on my Hemi car (HP2 Satellite).  He wanted my VIN number but that is part of the missing puzzle pieces that I am trying to sort out about it.  I gave him the fender tag codes and body numbers but then he has not contacted me back since for what I want.  Strange thing is that I actually talked to him over the phone years ago about my 70 Charger RT for quite some time (did register that one with his registry, $5 at that time, but none since).  Guess I am in the out club. :icon_smile_blackeye:....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Ghoste

I like how you pay if you want to register your car with him but if he jacks your numbers at a show he doesn't offer you squat.