News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Painting my engine compartment

Started by 71green go, October 16, 2008, 10:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71green go

Finally I am ready to lay down some colour for my Engine Bay...But I am stuck as to what area gets painted Body colour and what does not...

I know the Engine BAy Gets body colour

I know the face of the Rad saddle that faces the Cowel gets Body Colour (the side the rad bolts to)

But what about the opposite side of the Rad saddle area....that faces the headlights and the headlight area where the headlights bolt to...I have seen some full resto cars painted all Body colour in those areas and some partialy painted and then black paint where headlight buckets go...

Does anyone know which is correct for a 1971 car?

hemi-hampton

You paint that area then you partially black it out with flat black, DP90 works good, or flat black spray bomb, It usually only goes into the 1st headlight if you got 2 but can vary., rarely goes across entire top of core support. I go to under core support. I'd post pics but on my old computer. LEON