News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chally V.s Stang

Started by Mefirst, October 16, 2008, 11:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mefirst

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-08/10-04-08page-Shelby-Super-Snake-vs-Nuformz-Challenger.htm

Nope, I'm not impressed by either car... Lots of Horsepower but the handling :eek2: ... And WHY did the company who tuned up the Chally put a autotrans in it, so stupid :brickwall: ...

A base modell Porsche 911 Carrera would kick both those cars a$$es any day of the week... Thats the car Id buy if I had to choose between these three cars...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Great vid!  Thanks for posting
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Rolling_Thunder

should have gotten a 6 speed chally...         but shame on dodge for screwing that up for us
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

RD

i think that was an awesome vid.. a 6 spd would have helped out a lot with the chally in the road course i believe, as well as the drag race, but both were very close in all aspects really.

they must have tweaked the heck out of that 5.4L to equal the hemi in horses.

oh well.. we all know the mustang is a decent vehicle, and the super snake is just bad azz imo.

i wonder how things would have differed if both were given a lil more meat to run around the track on?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Steve P.

Thanks for the vid. It was fun... I have a few Q.s..

1) Why didn't they do a RWHP comparison??

2) Why didn't they compare a stick to a stick??

3) How many people are going to buy these cars to road rally that are going to do it in this stock form??

4) Why did they compare 2 cars that are prepped for RALLY in a drag race??

It was a fun video though.....  :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

rusty lee

Cool vid. if there gonna call it head to head they should run stock ones. or at least the same trans.

RD

you have to admit, considering the whole relationship of parasitic loss due to the slush box in relation to a manual.. the chally did run pretty darn close to the mustang in the drag portion.Ā  if it was a stick.. i do believe the chally would have handed the stang its proverbial hind quarters and sent it to the glue factory :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Steve P.

Hahahaha...  You do have a way with words, RD...

:cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida