News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I got the '66 Fury home

Started by Harlow, October 16, 2008, 02:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

I pulled the 66 fury home today. The shop that fixed the tranny hooked up the ratchet shifter wrong so its not drivable yet. Very nice body and paint except for the scrape on the passenger side. Its got a 318/727 in it. Heres some pics I snapped. I haven't washed it or anything yet. Its still got some stains on it from mesquite beans sitting on it and stuff, but it still looks pretty nice. Its got new wheels and tires on it too.

six-tee-nine

Hell yeah she looks great......

drop in a 440 and start roasting tyres...... :2thumbs:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Daytona R/T SE

318 poly with A/C :coolgleamA:

Throw the rat-shit shifter in the garbage, throw a stocker back in there and just cruise it.  :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

Manfred318

Damn right :cheers: Thats one hell of a cool car :drool5:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Harlow

I'm trying to figure this ratchet shifter out so I can start the damn car. Seems like park doesn't work (car just rolls). So the neutral safety isn't letting it crank. I tried putting the shifter in neutral but still the same thing. No crank, no click of the solenoid, nothing.

dpm68

Don't know squat about ratchet shifters but that sure is a nice ride - good luck!

rt green

in high school had a 66 fury 3. 383 four speed car. inland shifters are , well...special.  greesy fingers from the drive inn and third gear shifts, hurtin knuckles hitting radio buttons. lol. liked that car though.
shot 383. hammered on a set of headers. beat a 72 gto by a fender. through the quarter and back. both times it was the same. took the clutch out on the first run. pedal went to the floor[1979], i was young. started the car in gear,  rolling start and ran him again.  beat him. and didnt stop till i got back into town. stop signs? sucked. love the new purchase. yo'll have fun.
third string oil changer

Ghoste

Is the neutral safety switch hooked up underneath at the trans?

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Harlow

Thanks for the comments. I should have it running this afternoon. I'll try to take some video. Its not going to be too exciting its just got that weiland intake and carter 4 bbl through single exhaust. Should make a nice driver/cruiser though.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Harlow on October 17, 2008, 10:35:01 AM
Thanks for the comments. I should have it running this afternoon. I'll try to take some video. Its not going to be too exciting its just got that weiland intake and carter 4 bbl through single exhaust. Should make a nice driver/cruiser though.

"Its not going to be too exciting"  what!?  :shruggy:  Dude, you have a car that you can drive and you dont have to work on for years and years... To me life is to short to spend 10+ years working on a car you cant drive.  I suppose you do want a second gen charger some day with all the bells and whistles, but you have lots of time left to save up for that someday.  Drive this sucker around now and enjoy it! :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Harlow

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 17, 2008, 10:45:42 AM
Quote from: Harlow on October 17, 2008, 10:35:01 AM

"Its not going to be too exciting"  what!?  :shruggy:  Dude, you have a car that you can drive and you dont have to work on for years and years... To me life is to short to spend 10+ years working on a car you cant drive.  I suppose you do want a second gen charger some day with all the bells and whistles, but you have lots of time left to save up for that someday.  Drive this sucker around now and enjoy it! :Twocents:

I was just referring to the engine; its not going to be a monster. But since its a 318 is should be pretty reliable and get decent gas mileage. I am excited to drive the car though. The motor has a recent rebuild and the tranny was just rebuilt by a shop with 0 miles on it.

PocketThunder

Hell i'm rolling a /6.  It doesnt matter to most people what you have under the hood when you are rolling with the hood down and the radio on...  :apimp:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger74

Harlow, that is a sweet ride.  Get it running and have fun.  Save up some money and build it up a little at a time. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Harlow

I ran a wire from the ground prong on the relay to a nearby bolt and the thing fired right up, took about a second of cranking. It runs SMOOTH and real quiet, drives really nice and has power steering to boot. I know a guy who has front dics off of a VIP and he'll sell me. I might buy those. Its a nice cruiser.