News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

JUST A CAR!

Started by Back N Black, October 14, 2008, 11:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

A friend sent this to me and i think it holds true to the majority of us.

JUST A CAR!
> From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a car,"
> or,"that's a lot of money for "just a car".
> They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the
> costs involved for "just a car." Some of my proudest moments have come
> about with "just a car."
> Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a car," but I did
> not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought
> about by "just a car", and in those days of darkness, the simple sound
> of "just a car" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.
> If you, too, think it's "just a car", then you will probably
> understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a
> promise."
> "Just a car" brings into my life the very essence of friendship,
> trust, and pure unbridled joy.
> "Just a car" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a
> better person.
> Because of "just a car" I will rise early, labour long weekends, and
look
> longingly to gearhead magazines.
> So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a car" but an embodiment
> of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the
> past, and the pure joy of the moment.
> "Just a car" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts
> away.
> I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a car"
> but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a
man."
> So the next time you hear the phrase "just a car" just smile, because
> they "just" don't understand.
>

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

2much2learn

I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

BMOTOXSTAR

That made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :icon_smile_big:
The next time my wife tells me to sell my stupid green 74' Satellite I am going to read that to her. :P\
Man, that poem is really the truth.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger_Fan

Why can't I think up beautiful, moving, thoughtful sayings like that?? :shruggy:

Anyway, the guy is RIGHT ON! :notworthy:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dodgecharger-fan

I need that on a banner for my garage wall.... and maybe on some small sheets of paper that I can staple to the foreheads of those that REALLY don't get it.

triple_green

When I get behind the wheel of the Charger...I feel 18 again......and that was a long time ago..... :icon_smile_cool:
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

WingCharger

My relatives often say they are just cars. They dont understand mopar. :brickwall:

tommymac

Thats Awesome,Thats why my "Honey" and I get along so well,when I take her out for a cruise as often as I can.The Wife just don't understand.

pettyfan43

I had a guy get all up in arms on one of the Model Message boards because he thinks "brand loyalty to a corporation" is stupid and that you should shop around and read consumer reports  :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: to make your car buying decision.  Several people tried to explain to this guy that they drive the cars or trucks they drive for a REASON. He just isn't a "car guy". I told the guy that the reason I have Chargers is that I LOVE CHARGERS!!! And the reason I have my Hemi Ram is because there were 5 Dodge trucks in my driveway before this one, because they have ALL been FANTASTIC vehicles. So when this one wears out, there will probably be a Ram truck of some description in its place.

I have a T-Shirt that has a Superbird on the back and under that it just says... "It's a Mopar thing, You wouldn't understand!"

Oh and what did this paragon of automotive intelligence drive? A crapbox early 90s toyota of some type  ::) I just kind of felt sorry for him.

The70RT

I understand loyalty but every company has produced awesome cars in their time. I to this day kick myself for letting some other cars besides mopars slip away but more mopars than others.  I am more mopar than any other but if the right car comes along it wouldn't matter to me.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

G-man

well they are just cars. Cant liken that to "just a friend" etc because friends are people with feelings and moral values. Cars are just pieces of metal with wheels.  :Twocents:

I would be sad to lose my charger, but, it is just a car afterall. If i lost a friend however or family member, that would be a different story. If you had to get rid of your car for the good of the family, then u quickly realise it is "just a car" bottom line.

chargerkid01

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722