News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looked at a Charger for sale today

Started by jaak, October 13, 2008, 02:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

There is a 1973 Charger for sale locally, I went to check out today. I think it is a nice car, the body is nice and super solid, I believe it is wearing its original paint, just a couple of dings here and there. The interior is decent, of coarse the seat is ripped and the dashpad is cracked but the rest of the interior is in presentable condition, just needs a good clean-up. Get this , it is a factory slant 6 car (WH23C3XXXXXX). I thought that was sort of unusual. Its got an automatic tranny, disc brakes, and power steering. Its sitting on the side of the highway, so I haven't talked to the owner yet, but sign in the window says it runs good. The tires look to be fairly new also. All in all I think its been taken care of and is a pretty nice car. The asking price is $2700, what do you guys think.

Jason

jaak

Another Pic.....

jaak

One more pic....

Charger_Fan

Looks purty clean. I'd still try to talk 'em down to $2K. :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

I've never really followed 3rd gen pricing, but it looks like a decent buy if it runs, drives, & IS as solid as it looks in the pics. Having a slant six in something like that is pretty cool. I've seen the six banger in 2nd gens before, but never in that body. As long as it ran good, I'd leave it & just enjoy the car.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

PocketThunder

/6 cars are pretty sweet, i'd buy it and just drive it.   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Mike DC

The car looks like a great deal.  (Go to a modern used car lot and see what $2700 buys you these days.  Some 150,000-mile Hondas can easily cost more than that.)  If its not a bondo bucket under the paint then I'd probably snatch it.  If nothing else it's an easy flip. 

I'd buy those GL rims on that thing if you don't want 'em. 

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Drache

In the third picture it looks like rust behind the rear wheel well or is that just me?  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Hemidog

I would buy that one in a heartbeat if it's in that good condition, but then again I don't live in the US.

Charger1973

That car looks sweet.  Id try to talk em down a bit but still I dont think its overpriced.  Having a /6 would be cool and I like the color too. 

Charger1973

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 13, 2008, 03:09:23 PM
I'd buy those GL rims on that thing if you don't want 'em. 

See you can already make some of your money back.  :D   I would go with the steel wheels with stock hubcaps on that car.  I have the hubcaps too if you go that route. 

mikepmcs

Sounds like a really fair price to me for a nice driver with hopefully minimal rust repair.  Looks like it has some issues in the quarter but then again what doesn't these days.  BUY IT and drive the heck out of it. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TruckDriver

I'd grab it for that price. It would make a great daily driver.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Fitz73Chrgr

That thing looks SOLID!!!  I think its a good price.  Like everyone else said, I'd try and talk them down a little, but either way you're not overpaying.  /6 cars are cool, I'd leave it in there and just DD it.   :Twocents:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Drache

Just double check on this spot here as it seems rust is forming, it's always nice to know where the cancer starts!  :2thumbs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

elanmars

let us know if you find out more about the car.

I'd definitely take it!!
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

nakita7

You've got the Vector mags on it, paint her orange and put the '01' on the doors... :smilielol:

The70RT

You guys are crazy....that car isn't worth more than 1500. Ok critics dish it out  :nana:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger_Fan

Quote from: The70RT on October 14, 2008, 12:39:01 PM
You guys are crazy....that car isn't worth more than 1500. Ok critics dish it out  :nana:
And I thought I was maybe being harsh with my 2 Grand offer.  :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 13, 2008, 02:44:14 PM
Having a slant six in something like that is pretty cool. I've seen the six banger in 2nd gens before, but never in that body.

So, I should kick myself in the arse for letting my 73 /6 rust away?  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Damn! I miss that car even more now.  :'(

elanmars

how come? i've seen ones in way worse condition sell for more.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

skip68

:Twocents:  I say grab it.  running, driving, and minimal rust = $2500 easy.  :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

The70RT

Quote from: elanmars on October 14, 2008, 02:16:10 PM

how come? i've seen ones in way worse condition sell for more.

I have seen better go for less, as recent as in the last couple years.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pettyfan43

Man if I was in the market and had the $$$ I'd check that thing out, make sure it REALLY is that solid and runs good, and jump in with both feet.