News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Challenger In Nascar!!!

Started by KillerBee1972, October 12, 2008, 09:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerBee1972

Check out what Nascar is doing with the new Challenger!!! They Are going to race it!! :2thumbs: :musik010:
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

Ghoste

Would that make it the only two door in NASCAR?

KillerBee1972

Yes it WOULD!!! :2thumbs:

tomdroptop

W@W thats pretty SWEET!
They talking 09 season?

Hemidoug

Nope...never happen....NASCRAP is all hung up on the "car of the future" body......It might make SCAA......you won't see in racing NASCRAP anytime soon.... :RantExplode:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Aero426

It was for the Nationwide series, not Cup.   Not for 2009 either.    Basically, it is the Challenger nose and hood styling on a COT style body.   When viewed from the side, it isn't as flattering. 

pettyfan43

The car is going to be used in the Nationwide (used to be BUSCH) series Camaros, Challengers and Mustangs and probably some sort of yoyo.

They won't be in the cup series. The object is to have fewer Cup guys using nationwide races as testing races. PLUS to give the nationwide series cars their own look instead of looking like "old Cup cars" which is what most of them actually are.

TruckDriver

Quote from: pettyfan43 on October 12, 2008, 09:43:50 PM
The car is going to be used in the Nationwide (used to be BUSCH) series Camaros, Challengers and Mustangs and probably some sort of yoyo.

They won't be in the cup series. The object is to have fewer Cup guys using nationwide races as testing races. PLUS to give the nationwide series cars their own look instead of looking like "old Cup cars" which is what most of them actually are.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

y3chargerrt

Car of Tomorrow....God NASCAR blows now.All they need is to put those stupid trash can mufflers on them.  ::)

IowaCharger69

Quote from: pettyfan43 on October 12, 2008, 09:43:50 PM

This sounds amazing.

I am too young to have watched Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers when they hit the road track together the first time around. I live close enough to a track that I would immediately buy a ticket if those three were duking it out.

SeattleCharger

YES!  Finally Dodge has a cool two door.  Trying to make the four door Charger cool had its limitations (four doors), even though the lowered look is sort of cool on the new Charger, there is nothing like the two door chally.    :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

Here's a screen saver (right sized) I made a while ago.    I have this in a 700 KB but can't load that large file size here.

Aero426

I think it's awful looking.

Ghoste

I agree Doug, just like all the COT's.

1972Rallye

SeattleCharger

Its a terrible paint job for sure.   looks like they didn't finish it yet,    I would like to see some that are done differently, even the spoilers/skirts etc.   grill, headlight covers painted, etc.       

edit:  up there I meant desktop background, not screen saver, whatever

RD

so its a COT with a challenger clip?  wow.. dont over do it.... blah
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Skyview69

There's no way they would race that in NASCAR.  With the grill pushed in like that ....not very aerodynamic  :slap:

CharcoalCharger

Quote from: Skyview69 on October 13, 2008, 08:03:44 PM
There's no way they would race that in NASCAR.  With the grill pushed in like that ....not very aerodynamic  :slap:

That's what I was thinking... :scratchchin:

KillerBee1972

Yes its an ugly car, but it would be nice to get another dodge in nascer even though it would be in the nationwide series!!!

rustafarian

Forget NASCAR.  Support your local track before the developers put condos all over the place.
Rockford (IL) Speedway is the latest victim
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

Aero426

Quote from: rustafarian on October 14, 2008, 07:09:19 PM
Forget NASCAR.  Support your local track before the developers put condos all over the place.
Rockford (IL) Speedway is the latest victim

I thought Rockford was part of the NASCAR weekly racing series.

SeattleCharger

Is this better then?

hemigeno

Quote from: CharcoalCharger on October 14, 2008, 04:02:41 PM
Quote from: Skyview69 on October 13, 2008, 08:03:44 PM

That's what I was thinking... :scratchchin:

I had the same thought too - but is this an attempt to get some front bite on short/downforce tracks that the other makes can't achieve?  It'd be horrible on the superspeedways, that's for sure...  If they could run the Coronet/Avenger on the big tracks, and this monstrosity on the downforce tracks, it might be the best of both worlds.

Not likely to happen, but it'd be interesting if they tried.