News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

laser jammers

Started by Silver R/T, October 13, 2008, 09:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

With the increase of cops getting laser technology vs old radars its hard to spot them with your radar detector. Once it goes off its too late. Anyone here running a laser jammer. Especially if youre doing lots of highway driving I think it would be good idea to invest in one.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

451-74Charger

With a car that resembles a brick wall, its often hard to jam/block all devices that the cops use,
Simple answer is DONT speed unless you dont mind paying the fine.
BTW, im NOT a cop, and yes, I have been caught speeding and got a ticket.
It was my coice to go faster that I should have, and I paid for it.

Silver R/T

this little box here will prevent them from getting your speed but I was just wondering if anyone had better idea or cheaper
http://www.radarbusters.com/laser-jammers/laser-jammers/blinderm25xtreme.cfm
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Drache

I thought mythbusters did two different shows where they busted these things?  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Lowprofile

Save your money bro........By the time the alarm goes off, its already too late.  :rotz: :patrol:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Orange_Crush

Radar Detectors are not illegal in most staes (it is not illegal to receive radio waves).

Jammers ARE illegal is all states if I'm not mistaken.

You want to find out where the cops are?  Get a CB and tune it to 19...otherwise, be alert and stay under 10 over.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

PocketThunder

I'm 33 and my excessive speeding days are long gone.  Just keep it at posted speeds or maybe 5 over and be safe.  Say you drive 50 miles somewhere and you feel the need to drive 15 over the 65 mph limit.  Thats only going to get you there 9 minutes sooner.  9 minutes isnt worth the hassle.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Drache

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 14, 2008, 10:23:26 AM
I'm 33 and my excessive speeding days are long gone.  Just keep it at posted speeds or maybe 5 over and be safe.  Say you drive 50 miles somewhere and you feel the need to drive 15 over the 65 mph limit.  Thats only going to get you there 9 minutes sooner.  9 minutes isnt worth the hassle.   :Twocents:

Not when it will take at least 9 minutes for that cop to write out that ticket!  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Todd Wilson

YUP!  And 9 out of 10 times its your average speed that counts. I have been passed so many times by cars in the interstate just flying by me. Several hours later the same car comes flying by me again. They are wasting gas and running the risk of a ticket and they are not any further down the road then I am.

Todd

Drache

Quote from: Todd Wilson on October 14, 2008, 11:29:30 AM
YUP!  And 9 out of 10 times its your average speed that counts. I have been passed so many times by cars in the interstate just flying by me. Several hours later the same car comes flying by me again. They are wasting gas and running the risk of a ticket and they are not any further down the road then I am.

Todd

I always get a kick out of that watching the same vehicle pass me multiple times and yet gets to the location where Im going at about the same time or even behind me because they keep stopping for gas, snacks, bathroom, etc.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

472 R/T SE

When I drove OTR I didn't have a radar detector and never got a speeding ticket.  Of course I had a slow truck but the biggest difference is I kept the door closed and usually got to where I was going just as fast as the bull racks or the bed buggers.  I did run a police scanner though, mostly for entertainment.

I would ask Mike (Mr. Angry) what he's running if you want a deterrent.

471_Magnum

Several years ago when LIDAR was first introduced, one of the magazines did a test on jamming devices.

What worked was a high wattage rally-type lamp with some sort of lens filter on it. I think it was an IR filter. Problem was the lamp would overheat, so it could not be used for very long.

Bare in mind, this was several years ago and I'm sure LIDAR technology has improved making it less suseptable to jamming.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

FLG

Anyone get pulled over in the charger?

I've yet to be pulled over for speeding. With the charger ill keep with traffic, 60-75mph depending on traffic flow and of course bring her up there if theirs a straight run with no cars around.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: FLG on October 15, 2008, 12:06:03 PM
Anyone get pulled over in the charger?

I haven't been pulled over in an old Mopar since '85.  Now I just jinxed myself.

River, bull and I went up to the DC.com Meet in Kent a few years ago in 2 hours.  That's a little over 150 miles.  The Overdrive is gonna get me in trouble one of these days.  It's just so nice staying in the fast lane and not having to deal with the Joes cutting in front of you for their exit when you're running the slow lane.