News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Annoying feature

Started by bull, July 27, 2005, 11:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

If someone posts a message on a given thread while you are trying to attach three or four pics you get the warning message that says something about reviewing their message before you post. So you have to hit the back button and when you do viola! Your attachments are gone! So then you have to go back and upload them again and hope no one posts a message as you upload your pics again. It happened to me twice on the same thread last night. Took me about 15 minutes to refind the pics and get my message posted.

4cruzin

Yep I've noticed that too!!  Not sure anything can be done about it though . . . 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Troy

You don't have to go back - the new message is displayed on the page where it tells you something new was posted (just scroll down). I think it's pretty handy but I can turn it off. You can also just ignore it and post any way.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Quote from: Troy on July 28, 2005, 12:33:46 AM
You don't have to go back - the new message is displayed on the page where it tells you something new was posted (just scroll down). I think it's pretty handy but I can turn it off. You can also just ignore it and post any way.

Troy

IIRC I tried ignoring it once or twice but it wouldn't let me continue. I'll keep trying.

Drache

What happens to me is that when I click the "post" button I just get sent right back to where I had typed my message with that red warning at the top saying someone posted a new message while I was typing mine. Then I have to reattach my attachments.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

psykicpup

doesnt that mean a second post come thru...?
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

bull

Quote from: psykicpup on July 28, 2005, 03:06:20 PM
doesnt that mean a second post come thru...?

That doesn't seem to be the case. I haven't had that happen to me.

Troy

It's happened several time to me today. I read the new post(s) and hit the "Post" button again and it works fine. I haven't been adding attachments at the time though so maybe I'll test it out later. It shouldn't be losing anything unless you back up.

No psykicpup, it shouldn't double post.

Troy

bull

I've never really understood that warning feature anyway. The most it's going to do is save you a little embarrassment. Seems like the bad outweighs the good.

Troy

Charger_Fan

I don't mind the warning feature, it saves on possibly needing to edit my post.

I agree on the attachment thing though...once you attach any pics, if you get the warning, you must re-attach.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Quote from: Troy on July 29, 2005, 08:03:34 AM
What part is bad???

Troy

...once you attach any pics, if you get the warning, you must re-attach.