News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Discovered some problems...pics/questions

Started by Truebelieverone, October 12, 2008, 05:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truebelieverone

These are pictures behind the cluster of my 70. I personally have only had the cluster out around 8-9 years ago when I bought the car to replace the bulbs. I've been having problems with the cluster lights and the headlights as well so I went in for a look and this is some of what I've found.

I know it'd be best to completely replace the harness as there are some other sections of it that appear to have been monkeyed with. Would it be worth removing this one from the vehicle and trying to repair/patch it or invest in the year one piece? Second question is, the black piece in the center of the last pic is protruding from a relay. It looks as if it was supposed to have a wire coming from that piece...is it?

Dodge Don

Unless I'm missing something I don't "see" anything wrong. Hard to see.

I decided not to trust 40 year old wire so I installed a new harness from Year One (M&H). It is really plug & play.

Truebelieverone

In the very center of the second pic there is a section of wire hanging out of the harness that has burned through and has green corrosion on it. Its also visible in the first pic down and to the right a tad.

charger Downunder

It looks to me you have a water leak or it is just brown rusty looking dirt.I make it a habbit pulling out the dash and going through the wires myself on all of my cars had a fire once and dont want another one.
[/quote]

Truebelieverone

Yes there is a water leak as well. I'm guessing its the windshield gasket or around the wipers. It stays inside so I've procrastinated the investigation  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

The70RT

I see the bare wire....your just asking for :fireangry: Like Don said yearone and be done.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

charger Downunder

The black piece is a cap to protect the positve from a short,I would trace the wire back and see where it goes and replace it,find the short or you may burn up a new harness, you may have to pull the harness appart and see if it melted any other wires.Do the head lamp relay up grade while your at it,plus you will have to put a relay in for the head lamp doors at the same time. This up grade is on this site or over at dodge charger.com.
[/quote]

Truebelieverone

Yeah, the battery is unplugged and it won't move until its repaired. Thanks for the tips/advice.