News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey hotrod98

Started by BigBlockSam, October 12, 2008, 12:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Howie

hotrod98

I've been busy with customer work and building stuff. I finished my frame fixture this week. I removed the runner from the rotisserie yesterday and set it on the fixture. Worked perfect. Now I can safely remove the left quarter panel and dutchman without having the car collapse. The plan is to finish my clone after we return from SEMA. We fly out to Vegas on Saturday Nov. 1st, attend the NHRA finals on Sunday and then the SEMA show all week. The Kicker Big Air Bash is on Wednesday at the Palms with a few other events thrown in. We're attendding the NPA breakfast on Tuesday with the owner of West Coast Customs being the keynote speaker and then the NHRA breakfast on Wednesday. Ashley Force, Hillary Will, Melanie Troxel, Karen Stouffer, and Peggy LLewelyn are planning to be there. We're taking my son and his fiancee with us and managed to get an extra suite at the condo for them.
Should be a full week.  Then back to work.
As for the car, I'm leaning back to the flat black wing and stripe. I keep looking at the pic (my avatar pic)  that DS made for me and I just like the way that it looks. I'll drop the seats off at the upholsterer before we leave for Vegas and have them put the new leather covers on for me. I don't do upholstery work any more. Too time consuming.
Howie, your steel nose still hasn't shown up. Where is it?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 12, 2008, 10:06:28 AM
I've been busy with customer work and building stuff. I finished my frame fixture this week. I removed the runner from the rotisserie yesterday and set it on the fixture. Worked perfect. Now I can safely remove the left quarter panel and dutchman without having the car collapse. The plan is to finish my clone after we return from SEMA. We fly out to Vegas on Saturday Nov. 1st, attend the NHRA finals on Sunday and then the SEMA show all week. The Kicker Big Air Bash is on Wednesday at the Palms with a few other events thrown in. We're attendding the NPA breakfast on Tuesday with the owner of West Coast Customs being the keynote speaker and then the NHRA breakfast on Wednesday. Ashley Force, Hillary Will, Melanie Troxel, Karen Stouffer, and Peggy LLewelyn are planning to be there. We're taking my son and his fiancee with us and managed to get an extra suite at the condo for them.
Should be a full week.  Then back to work.
As for the car, I'm leaning back to the flat black wing and stripe. I keep look at the pic (my avatar pic)  that DS made for me and I just like the way that it looks. I'll drop the seats off at the upholsterer before we leave for Vegas and have them put the new leather covers on for me. I don't do upholstery work any more. Too time consuming.
Howie, your steel nose still hasn't shown up. Where is it?

i love doing upholstery work , it's easy to me , it's that damn body work i hate LOL

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Here's what the runner looks like mounted to the frame fixture. There was no way that I could cut the quarter and dutchman off with it on the rotisserie.
Also, here's a pic of a friend of mine's 71 Barracuda. It's a supercharged 360 automatic car, but the engine's out being freshened up so I'm painting the engine bay. I'll paint this one and his wife's 71 Cuda 340 shaker hood car next year. Most of my buddies around here drive Cudas, Barracudas, Chargers or Roadrunners. I drove my 69 Runner on Friday, my wife's 73 Cuda on Saturday and one of my 71 Cudas today.  I love this time of year.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

daytonalo

Nice but work height is too high , I made one that has adj height

hotrod98

It's perfect for me. I don't want it down on the ground. I need to get under the car while installing the trunk floor. Someone has to be the diver when we spot weld the floor in.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

hey Larry

that looks cool . :cheers:

i had my daytona on a highway at a little over 100 mph for about 4 or 5 minutes . man! what a great ride. these daytonas are incredible rides.

it was nailed to the ground , very  stable . I've been surprised how much the daytona package changes the handleling of the charger . it's a different Beast .

that's why i think it's important to have a metal wing and the rear window plug . so you can experience what a real daytona feels like . i know it's a replica but when i was cooking on the highway the other night . it sure felt like a real daytona to me . I'm having a blast with this car and i can't wait for you t be enjoying your wing car too .  Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hotrod98

Last Friday when I was out running around in the roadrunner (no pun intended), I was thinking about what it was going to be like driving the clone. I can't wait to look out the windshield and see the fender scoops and look out the back window and see that wing. From what I've been told, I won't be able to actually see the nose while driving down the road.
The cool factor alone with this car is going to be worth the trouble.
I'm still a few weeks away from driving it, but at least we can drive them pretty much year round in this part of the world. Before I install the front sheet metal, I need to install the new booster and master cylinder that I bought. I also need to re-install the fan shroud and a few other items in the engine bay before they're harder to reach.

Rene...any new vids of the clone? I would love to see some footage of the car going down the Jersey turnpike taken from another vehicle from various angles. There's some old pics of your superbee that I would let go of for some shots like that.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteI won't be able to actually see the nose while driving down the road. 

no you can't see the nose .

QuoteRene...any new vids of the clone? I would love to see some footage of the car going down the Jersey turnpike taken from another vehicle from various angles. There's some old pics of your superbee that I would let go of for some shots like that.  icon_smile_big

i could dig those pics .  :icon_smile_big:  check these out , just click on the pic .. there just jack messing around with the camera when i got to his shop . i did two burnouts today with the daytona . not on my camera . I'm waiting for Jack to send them to me as soon as i get them , I'll post them. i have barely any rubber left on my rear tires . they where shot anyway . so i figured I'd burn them away.

http://www.unitedstreetracers.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1222522618

oldcarnut

Looks good going down the road  :2thumbs:.  Who was doing the burnouts in the white RR?  Was that the car you posted a while sitting in the garage?

BigBlockSam

QuoteWho was doing the burnouts in the white RR?  Was that the car you posted a while sitting in the garage?

:yesnod: yea that's Jack . he owns plum crazy auto . he also  owns a b5 blue superbird .

BigBlockSam

moparstuart

hotrod98

Unfortunately, finishing the clone is way down on my list of priorities. I've had more than my share of family obligations lately. Not to mention the customer work that I have. The plan to get back on it after SEMA failed, the plan to get back on it after Thanksgiving is failing and I may have to wait until spring now. I never expected to have the number of new jobs coming in to the shop with the economy being the way that it is.
I've had a couple of good offers on the daytona clone recently. I might cave and use the money to build a truly radical bird clone.
Maybe...  ;D

Charles Addams

WingCharger

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 30, 2008, 11:44:37 AM
Unfortunately, finishing the clone is way down on my list of priorities. I've had more than my share of family obligations lately. Not to mention the customer work that I have. The plan to get back on it after SEMA failed, the plan to get back on it after Thanksgiving is failing and I may have to wait until spring now. I never expected to have the number of new jobs coming in to the shop with the economy being the way that it is.
I've had a couple of good offers on the daytona clone recently. I might cave and use the money to build a truly radical bird clone.
Maybe...  ;D
:errr: :cryin:

hotrod98

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteI've had a couple of good offers on the daytona clone recently. I might cave and use the money to build a truly radical bird clone.
Maybe...  Grin

your so close  :bawling:

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 30, 2008, 11:44:37 AM
Maybe...  ;D
dont sell it  :brickwall:

hotrod98

I would have to finish the car either way I go. I keep thinking about the bird clone project and just how I would like to build it. I plan to go all high tech, modern driveline. If I sold the daytona, I would have the cash to go with the 6.1 hemi, Keisler 5 speed, Alter-K-Tion front suspension, big brakes, big rims, modern a/c, leather interior, etc., etc., etc... Or, I could finish the daytona, drive it and in a couple of years, I would have the time and money to build the bird the way that I just described. I'm very impatient.
Oh, and I'm already wishing that I had gone the "red" route with the paint scheme.
I can already see that keeping this big black monster clean is going to be a full time job.  :yesnod:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

if you finish the daytona . i guaranty that you won't sell it .  there to much fun.

Quotebig black monster clean is going to be a full time job. 

:yesnod: no doubt .

70daytonaclone

I say finish it (which you will do) then sell it and build a really bad a$$ superbird. just my  :Twocents: have a great day Stephen

BigBlockSam

:wave: well , YOU DONE YET!  :poke:

hotrod98

I've been prepping my steel Superbird wing to go onto my 69 Roadrunner. I would have been finished already, but my new, and first, grandson was born on Wednesday so I've been a little pre-occupied.
I went by the paint store Thursday and tinted the B5 blue single stage paint that I had left over from painting your Superbee wheels. The color on my runner is brighter and greener than it should be.
I'm getting ready to piss off a lot of mopar purists with this project. I don't have the time to finish the daytona clone right now and I want to drive something other than our Daytona pckup that has a tall wing on it.  We set the wing up on the car and I think that it's going to look really good. I'll remove it after the Superbird clone is finished...maybe :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteI don't have the time to finish the daytona clone right now

man! your so close . just do it Mr. , at least get the nose on . it's not a daytona without the nose  :nana:

WingCharger

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 28, 2009, 08:01:04 PM

man! your so close . just do it Mr. , at least get the nose on . it's not a daytona without the nose  :nana:
Would it be a Dayton? :D :nana:

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 28, 2009, 08:01:04 PM

The nose, valance, fender scoops and fenders are primed and ready for final sand. The hood and deck lid are painted on the underside. So, I have quite a bit of sanding and painting to do and the booth is going to be tied up for a while. There's not really any way to get back on it at this point. I have to get the 69 runner finished so that I can make some cash. Then there are four more customers that have been waiting for me to start on their projects. I also have to finish assembling the matching numbers 67 hemi GTX 4 speed car.

I'm sort of slipping the painting and installation of this wing in to keep me from getting totally burnt out.
I want to drive some kind of wing car that bad.  :yesnod:

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

hotrod98

Rene, here's what my pile of Daytona front end parts look like right now.
They're just sitting there patiently waiting on me to get caught up.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 03, 2009, 10:54:01 AM
Rene, here's what my pile of Daytona front end parts look like right now.
They're just sitting there patiently waiting on me to get caught up.
that stuff would look great in red and on my car

BigBlockSam

:pity:  thats a sad sight

hotrod98

Not as sad as seeing my wife's Satellite sitting there with nothing done to it. I waited to see if the guy was going to sell me his 70 Runner to use to build her Superbird clone. He finally got back with me with an answer. He's decided to keep it for now. I should have started on her car first.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

:yesnod: it  bothers me when i can't get something done on my cars . i can't stop thinking about it   :brickwall:

BigBlockSam

YOU DONE YET ! 

got any pictures

hotrod98

Not done yet....
I painted the black 69 Road Runner, fixed the speedo, changed the oil and put the rallyes back on the 71 Cuda and now I'm finishing up on assembling the front end and interior on the 67 hemi GTX. I have to paint a few parts for the black runner in a couple of weeks and I plan to throw some of the front end parts for the Daytona in the booth at the same time. I hope to drive the 'tona to Branson in August.

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteNot done yet....

:pullinghair: :spank: :bawling:

QuoteI plan to throw some of the front end parts for the Daytona in the booth at the same time. I hope to drive the 'tona to Branson in August.

:ricky: :punkrocka: :dance: :boogie: