News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car/Motorcycle rental, Vegas!!

Started by dkn1997, October 01, 2008, 12:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

3 friends and I are going to vegas for 3 days next month.  Im not a real big gambler and want to see the sights.  What better way than from the seat of a ferrari,viper, or harley?  Im looking online because I want to reserve now.  It's really hard to tell what's good and what isn't.

anyone ever done this or live near there who could give me the name of a good place to rent from?  I want to go to hoover dam, the shelby museum and pretty much any other car related place I can.  I wouldn't mind cheap either, but I know cheap/good rarely occupy the same sentence!!
RECHRGED

MichaelRW

Check out the Auto Collection at the Imperial Palace. It's a large indoor museum showroom of many different cars. The twist is that they are all for sale.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

41husk

Quote from: MichaelRW on October 01, 2008, 12:21:44 PM
Check out the Auto Collection at the Imperial Palace. It's a large indoor museum showroom of many different cars. The twist is that they are all for sale.

Isn't everything  :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

MichaelRW

Quote from: 41husk on October 01, 2008, 12:23:39 PM
Quote from: MichaelRW on October 01, 2008, 12:21:44 PM

Isn't everything  :cheers:

I hear you but I doubt some museums would part with their cars unless they got a ridiculously high offer. Example - the Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum in Indiana, The Henry Ford Museum in Michigan.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

skip68

You can rent a "General Lee" with a driver for $1,000.00 a day!!!! :smilielol: :smilielol: :D :nana: :drive: :boogie:

No seriously, Chuck & I live in Vegas. We will do some research for you.

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dkn1997

with the lap belts of death in the back?  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
RECHRGED

skip68

I'll put in an extra belt just for you.  :icon_smile_big:   I have to admit that all this seat belt talk has really made me re-think about my belts and look into adding better belts.  :yesnod:    Chuck...........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dkn1997

If you need any more pics of my install or sources, etc, let me know.   :icon_smile_big:
RECHRGED

PocketThunder

i rented a Viper off the strip one year, i think i paid $240 for 4 hours.  I won $240 on the black jack tables that morning so the best way to spend that money was doing north of 115 out to Hoover Dam baby!  :drive:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargerboy69

A couple years ago I was in Vegas and you could rent a 1966 Batmobile for the day. That would have been way cool.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

BigBlockSam

too hot for a harley, try to get something with air conditioning.  :yesnod:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

skip68

Here are a few so far:

http://www.dreamcarrentals.com/

http://www.bhrentacar.com/cars.htm    (They have a purple 71' Dodge Challenger convertable you could rent! :2thumbs:)

http://www.a2zlasvegas.com/transportation/rentals.html

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

P.S. It's not that hot here this time of year! Our highs have only been in the 90's! :yesnod:

dkn1997

I saw the chally convert and I was sold...but my friends want something exotic!!  bunch of fags!!  we would have way more fun doing burnouts in a challenger than driving around is some dumb ferarri.  I will meet them in middle and get a viper.  Theres 4 of us, so we get 2 and drive out to hoover damn, mustang ranch...um...errr....mustang MUSEUM.... etc...
RECHRGED

skip68

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 02, 2008, 06:39:19 PM
I saw the chally convert and I was sold...but my friends want something exotic!!  bunch of fags!!  we would have way more fun doing burnouts in a challenger than driving around is some dumb ferarri.  I will meet them in middle and get a viper.  Theres 4 of us, so we get 2 and drive out to hoover damn, mustang ranch...um...errr....mustang MUSEUM.... etc...

Let them get a faggy Viper  :smilielol:, and you get the Chally :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:! See who gets more attention! :scratchchin: :D
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

dkn1997

now we got a 4th guy, so the plan is to probably walk around friday since we won't get there that early, check in, etc...maybe some gambling. Saturday we are going to rent something and go to hoover dam, shelby museum, etc... then sunday go to barret jackson.

I'm leaning on renting 2 harleys and a viper and then switching off as we go between the 4 of us.  thanks for the links skip and mrs skip. that dreamcar place looks ok, I think we will book through there. 
RECHRGED

68charger383

The problem with the exotic rentals is they charge for mileage at like 25 cents a mile over 100

Another option is to rent a vette (hardtop/vert), Hertz fun collection, which is anywhere from $100-$200 per day + 100 free miles.

I rented a shelby mustang GT-H from them last year for under $100 with free mileage and had a ball in the car. If you want cheap, that may be the way to go.

Have fun.....remember what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas....just ask OJ   :smilielol:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

skip68

Have fun.....remember what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas....just ask OJ   :smilielol:

"Unless Chuck & I happen to catch it on video, ...then we'll post it here!" :nana: :D
The skip68's ;)

dkn1997

Quote from: 68charger383 on October 07, 2008, 09:04:41 AM
The problem with the exotic rentals is they charge for mileage at like 25 cents a mile over 100

Another option is to rent a vette (hardtop/vert), Hertz fun collection, which is anywhere from $100-$200 per day + 100 free miles.

I rented a shelby mustang GT-H from them last year for under $100 with free mileage and had a ball in the car. If you want cheap, that may be the way to go.

Im with you, but of the 4 of us going, 1 has a vette and the other guy has an E class benz amg so they don't want to rent anything that even approaches normal
RECHRGED

dkn1997

2 of the guys are doing the ferarri.  Me and my other buddy are renting the lotus elise.  I was thinking viper, but that car has never done much for me. plus it was 200 bucks more a day....the lotus looks like a pretty cool little ride and I will never get the chance to drive one ever again...
RECHRGED