News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GM and Chrysler discuss merger

Started by yeahitsgotahemi!, October 10, 2008, 11:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeahitsgotahemi!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081011/ap_on_bi_ge/gm_chrysler_merger_talks

Yup, just read it on yahoo news. I guess brand loyalty will be consumed into corporate conglomerates.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

RallyeMike

I would rather see them go bust than merge with GM.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

As if the Mercedes buyout wasn't bad enough, now this?

Charger-Bodie

Unfortunatly the way things are going I predict ( and have for a while ) that eventually the big 3 will become one.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

THE COLONEL

Quote from: 1hot68 on October 11, 2008, 04:55:58 AM
Unfortunatly the way things are going I predict ( and have for a while ) that eventually the big 3 will become one.

Aftering hearing this, this morning, you may be right! :brickwall:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

rt green

man, i can see it now. the new dodge camaro
third string oil changer

1969chargerrtse

I'm hoping they build a Chargmaro. :smilielol:  Imagine how fast a vettper would be?  :hah: 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 11, 2008, 07:17:01 AM
I'm hoping they build a Chargmaro. :smilielol:  Imagine how fast a vettper would be?  :hah: 

I hope they build them with 4 doors..........

Todd

Dodge Don

Quote from: RallyeMike on October 11, 2008, 02:19:10 AM
I would rather see them go bust than merge with GM.

I'd hate to see that many people lose their jobs however on pure gut emotion I have to agree that I'd rather see Chrysler go down rather than merge with the others.

69_500

I personally find it amusing that GM would be able to merge with anyone considering how their company is doing financialy lately. Their stocks are dirt cheap right now. Something like $2.60 per share. I

I would rather see chrysler go belly up than to merge with GM personally. Of the BIG 3 GM is by far the one that I have the least amount of fondness for.

RallyeMike

Gosh, I wonder what will happen to all those "lifetime powertrain guarantees"? 

We all knew that when Cerberus bought them it would most likely not have a happy ending.

:flame:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

GeneralLeeTESH

Well-the same happenned to Packard...look @ the body styling of the 57 Packard 2 door sedan...looks like a 57 Chevy and Ford Fairlane in a  way...

The reason GM knows they'll stay alive and have lotza sales is if they put a HEMI under the hood !
The TESH

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Mike DC

Combining two struggling companies doesn't make one healthy one.  It makes a struggling company twice as big. 

bigroge1

Quote from: rt green on October 11, 2008, 06:44:03 AM
:'( no then it goes back to the oh is that the 69 dodge camaro in ur garage  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

mopar goddess

Back N Black

Quote from: bigroge1 on October 12, 2008, 07:07:06 PM
Quote from: rt green on October 11, 2008, 06:44:03 AM
:'( no then it goes back to the oh is that the 69 dodge camaro in ur garage  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Why do you think that the Dodge name would come first, maybe it would be the Chevy Challenger or Chevy Charger.

Ghoste

Or maybe they would drop both of their heritage names and come up with all new ones??????? :o

kamkuda

If Chrysler goes under, then what car would you buy?

I see Hyundai is interested  in the JEEP.

nh_mopar_fan

IowaCharger69

Honestly, if Chevrolet buys Mopar and it means I can look forward (in a couple years) to swap meets full of stuff I care about in stead of miles of small block Chevy crap or maybe even half and half, or seventy thirty, SOMETHING... I am all for a merger.

Of course I know the merger wont change anything, I just like to gripe about the lack of Mopar stuff at any swap meet....

Todd Wilson

I would be surprised if it happens. GM doesnt have any cash to buy anything and is struggling.

Todd

1971SE440

GM does not need any cash to get Chrysler. All they have to do is give up the rest of GMAC.

Brock Samson

Sorry Geno, I didn't realize there were now THREE of these threads... I think this was the first followed by HK's...

:shruggy:

hemigeno

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 14, 2008, 04:58:26 PM
  Sorry Geno, I didn't realize there were now THREE of these threads... I think this was the first followed by HK's...

:shruggy:

I should have noticed the second thread, but didn't before it had a bunch of replies.  The one in O/T was a different story, so it was better to lock it down early on.  Merging/combining the threads only makes it hard to follow the discussion if someone reads it after the fact.

It's all good...

:cheers:

ronv

I just read in the Wall Sreet Journal that the board for GM is cold to the idea. It does not look like it will happen. ;)