News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Went to an auction today......

Started by Chad L. Magee, October 11, 2008, 10:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad L. Magee

There was an estate auction today in my hometown.  Usually, I end up just buying junk at them, but for some reason today I lucked out.  In a $5 box of junk (old horse bits and such) that I bid on for the plastic container, I got a mint 1969 Kansas licence plate of my county and a mint 1969 Nebraska licence plate. :2thumbs:  What is special about the Kansas plate is back then, your county was listed as a two letter code directly on the plate.  I might be wrong on this, but I have heard that you need the correct county on the vintage tags to be able to licence them on collector cars in this state.  Most of the time, the ones I find are either rusted to death, wrong years or of the wrong county.  It will be going on my 69 WHS when I get it running again (soon).  Funny thing is, the luck did not stop there for my $5.  I also got a 1932 and 1936 (rough) Kansas plates along with a pair of Colorado plates from 2004 and a 1974 Kansas truck tag.  The 30s plates are now soaking in a vinegar bath to get rid of the rust.  Now if I could just get one from 1968.......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Ghoste

That's a good deal then.  They have started to allow the use of vintage plates around here so I might have to dig out one myself one of these days.  Makes for nice touch doesn't it?

no318

In Nebraska, the county doesn't matter.  I have vintage plates on 2 of my cars and neither are from the county that I live in.  The other nice thing about them here is that you only are required to have ONE on the rear.  "Normal" plates are on front and back.